Quantcast
Bungie: The Destiny Post-Game Carnage Report - Facts and Figures!

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bungie: The Destiny Post-Game Carnage Report - Facts and Figures!

A lot of funny comments after they announced avg. 3.2m players per day.



Around the Network

I've another fact, this game has a beautiful soundtrack it really is



...not much time to post on here anymore, used to be some good ol times on VGchartz...

Playstation Fan for life... PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - Steam/Uplay/Origin: Skeeuk

Miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

ethomaz said:
A lot of funny comments after they announced avg. 3.2m players per day.

Bungie is really pushing those numbers because the game isn't great. Just like they were pushing review scores from obscure websites.

There are a few reasons why population is high. The game is still new, there could be multiple people using the same copies, rentals, used sales, etc.

Why isn't Bungie boasting about post launch sales?

The game is mediocre, but you're still allowed to enjoy it. No need to boast about its current daily population.



Recently Completed
Crackdown 3
for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:

Bungie is really pushing those numbers because the game isn't great. Just like they were pushing review scores from obscure websites.

There a few reason why population is high. The game is still new, there could be multiple people using the same copies, rentals, used sales, etc.

Why isn't Bungie boasting about post launch sales?

The game is mediocre, but you're still allowed to enjoy it. No need to boast about its current daily population.

Keep telling you that lol

The game is amazing that is why people continue to play it.

And I know you will say the same think when the number increased again because that what will happen... the game is so good that only be attracking more and more gamers.



ethomaz said:

Mr Puggsly said:

Bungie is really pushing those numbers because the game isn't great. Just like they were pushing review scores from obscure websites.

There a few reason why population is high. The game is still new, there could be multiple people using the same copies, rentals, used sales, etc.

Why isn't Bungie boasting about post launch sales?

The game is mediocre, but you're still allowed to enjoy it. No need to boast about its current daily population.

Keep telling you that lol

The game is amazing that is why people continue to play it.

Oh, the game is amazing. But not in a good way...

Anyhow, its not surprising to hear the population is still high only a month in. Its still a new game on four popular platforms. Many players are moving away from Destiny, while many are still playing it for the first time.

Bungie seems to be boasting about usual numbers. It just seems kinda desperate for a successful game. Maybe its not achieving the success they hoped.

I wish I had your same enthusiasm about Destiny. Maybe I will for Destiny 2.



Recently Completed
Crackdown 3
for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network

Mr Puggsly said:

Oh, the game is amazing. But not in a good way...

Anyhow, its not surprising to hear the population is still high only a month in. Its still a new game on four popular platforms. Many players are moving away from Destiny, while many are still playing it for the first time.

Bungie seems to be boasting about usual numbers. It just seems kinda desperate for a successful game. Maybe its not achieving the success they hoped.

From what I read it is way better than what they hoped.

And it is increasing... the community will be huge before this year end.

BTW I don't know about boasting because Bungie always talked opened about the numbers of players and stufs since first Halo... they continue doing the same.

Amazing is only in good way... there is no way to be amazing lol



ethomaz said:

From what I read it is way better than what they hoped.

And it is increasing... the community will be huge before this year end.

BTW I don't know about boasting because Bungie always talked opened about the numbers of players and stufs since first Halo... they continue doing the same.

I doubt its better than hoped and those 7th gen numbers are underwhelming.

The community will likely shrink, boost during the holidays and shrink again. There is too little content to maintain a large audience for a long period of time.



Recently Completed
Crackdown 3
for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

what is the problem,is the game not doing things for certain fanboys,it's great fun for me playing all the time and it pushed a ton of PS4's keeping it way above the box,what is there not to like about destiny,love loot and grinding with friends,my kimd of game

doubt many are that upset with a new IP selling millions of copies and pushing PS4's beyond and above

be glad when halo is out again so the boxers will actually be on their box rather than worrying how many PS4's are being pushed by destiny

Moderated,

-Mr Khan



  

I smell like the dark forest of Dwemereth in the morning mist                                                   fanboy til i'm bankrupt

Mr Puggsly said:

I doubt its better than hoped and those 7th gen numbers are underwhelming.

The community will likely shrink, boost during the holidays and shrink again. There is too little content to maintain a large audience for a long period of time.

Except maybe RPGs or GT5 no other game have more content than Destiny...

And this is not a opinion... just look how much content the game has compared to others.

And the community definitely will grow... 2015 it will be bigger than 2014.



ethomaz said:

Mr Puggsly said:

I doubt its better than hoped and those 7th gen numbers are underwhelming.

The community will likely shrink, boost during the holidays and shrink again. There is too little content to maintain a large audience for a long period of time.

Except maybe RPGs or GT5 no other game have more content than Destiny...

And this is not a opinion... just look how much content the game has compared to others.

And the community definitely will grow... 2015 it will be bigger than 2014.

Perhaps content is subjective because I didn't see much content in Destiny. I just see a lot of excusues to grind.

In RPGs like Skyrim and Fallout I can spend many, many hours visiting new areas or uncovering new story. I've spent over a hundred hours in those games and there is still plenty I didn't see.

In Destiny, I spent about 8 - 10 hours exploring unique areas and all the story fits in about 20 minutes. If grinding many hours on missions you already played for a piece of armor or a gun is content... then i guess Destiny has a lot of content. Telling people Destiny has a lot of content feels misleading to me.

I'm certain the Destiny community will shrink UNLESS there are significant changes to the game. So lets wait and see.

Now the Halo:MCC has a lot of content! I'll probably spend about 30 hours playing unique story missions. I heard there are over a hundred maps.  Now that's genuine content! Its not just some of that grinding bullshit.



Recently Completed
Crackdown 3
for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)