Forums - Microsoft Discussion - I think Microsoft is releasing the One in the 2nd tier countries a bit too soon

Should Microsoft have waited and bundled the MCC for the tier 2 territories?

Yes
No
See Results

I honestly believe they should have waited until the MCC was released, and then bundled the game with the console for free, with 6 months of Gold. That way, they are offering a console and four games from the most popular franchise on the console, along with 6 more months of free online play and Games with Gold. Yeah, it would mean taking a small financial hit in the short-run, but they are taking one already from the Madden 15 and SO bundles, so why not now? The initial sales would almost certainly be much higher.

What do you think?



                            Mistakes can be made again...but do them better next time...                                               Last Exile

Around the Network
More like too late. Most people in tier 2 countries who wanted an Xbone already bought one months ago.

Halo will boost the console anyway - It doesnt need to launch with it, otherwise PS4 would be the only place to play the next gen Destiny (at least for a couple of months) Imagine how much potential sales could be lost, albeit even a little

@migh_and_highty on twitter

calladooty batalfeeld und hallo

fireburn95 said:
Halo will boost the console anyway - It doesnt need to launch with it, otherwise PS4 would be the only place to play the next gen Destiny (at least for a couple of months) Imagine how much potential sales could be lost, albeit even a little

Halo may boost the console, but a free Halo and 6 months of Gold would boost the console much, much more. It's just like the Titanfall bundle, but with a much better game.



                            Mistakes can be made again...but do them better next time...                                               Last Exile

I think they should have released it sooner while people were still deciding between a ps4/x1 at the start of the generation and while the x1 still had exclusives that werent being ported to the PC and before all these articles about the resolution difference between the ps4/x1 really took off. In other words, I think they should have launched it near the time the ps4 was being launched in those countries as well



       

                                 Anime: Place to Place                                                                   Anime: K-on!
                                Nsfw Anime Thread                                                                      Join our Anime Threads!
                               Sfw Anime Thread                                                                        
The Famous Club Co-Leader of Club Squeezol

Around the Network
That would be way too late. A lot of the tier 2 countries are in Europe, where the FIFA bundle will be the one to get. Better to get that out straight away than give the PS4 2 months being the only next gen console in those territories with FIFA.

VGC Gamerscore league                                                          Bet with Miguel_Zorro Bet with Jizz_Beard_thePirate

 

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

I think they should have released it sooner while people were still deciding between a ps4/x1 at the start of the generation and while the x1 still had exclusives that werent being ported to the PC and before all these articles about the resolution difference between the ps4/x1 really took off. In other words, I think they should have launched it near the time the ps4 was being launched in those countries as well

True, that would be best. I'm just going off the assumption here that Microsoft was not prepared for a early launch. In that case, I think it would have been a bit better to just delay the console by two months, and instead give a bunch of freebies to get more people interested.



                            Mistakes can be made again...but do them better next time...                                               Last Exile

VanceIX said:
fireburn95 said:
Halo will boost the console anyway - It doesnt need to launch with it, otherwise PS4 would be the only place to play the next gen Destiny (at least for a couple of months) Imagine how much potential sales could be lost, albeit even a little

Halo may boost the console, but a free Halo and 6 months of Gold would boost the console much, much more. It's just like the Titanfall bundle, but with a much better game.

I agree but why does that bundle have to be at launch? imo its too late, they should've released aerlier to reduce PS4 presence.



Ka-pi96 said:
That would be way too late. A lot of the tier 2 countries are in Europe, where the FIFA bundle will be the one to get. Better to get that out straight away than give the PS4 2 months being the only next gen console in those territories with FIFA.

Hmm, didn't even consider the Fifa bundle. True, that would definitely be bad for sales. 



                            Mistakes can be made again...but do them better next time...                                               Last Exile

Around the Network
they should have had a global release. its not like they had to much demand in the west to spare 100k for t2 countries..