Quantcast
Locked: A cut to 299 might not help X1 much

Forums - Gaming Discussion - A cut to 299 might not help X1 much

Mr Puggsly said:
Captain_Tom said:
Mr Puggsly said:

No, its a justfiable purchase if you feel the amount you pay is worth the money. I got mine at launch and I'm not complaining because I've used my X1 for couple hundred hours and have plenty to play.

$250 would be a bargain for a game console with that power, HDD, Bluray, etc.


I am saying that in my opinion it would take a substantially lower price for most people to justify that kind of inferiority.

Most people don't buy consoles at launch price. That's not an opinion, just a fact.

Anyhow, there is no urgency to drop it to $250. A lot of people seem to feel $350 is justified.


This remains to be seen.  A lot of people bought the X1 at $500 initially and then watched as very few followed after them.



Around the Network
Captain_Tom said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Most people don't buy consoles at launch price. That's not an opinion, just a fact.

Anyhow, there is no urgency to drop it to $250. A lot of people seem to feel $350 is justified.


This remains to be seen.  A lot of people bought the X1 at $500 initially and then watched as very few followed after them.

$500 was the launch price. That's the price people with disposable income and avid gamers are willing to pay.

A lot of people are buying the X1 at its current price of $350, we just a saw a great week for X1. Again, consoles get most of their sales after price cuts.



Recently Completed
Crackdown 3
for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
Captain_Tom said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Most people don't buy consoles at launch price. That's not an opinion, just a fact.

Anyhow, there is no urgency to drop it to $250. A lot of people seem to feel $350 is justified.


This remains to be seen.  A lot of people bought the X1 at $500 initially and then watched as very few followed after them.

$500 was the launch price. That's the price people with disposable income and avid gamers are willing to pay.

A lot of people are buying the X1 at its current price of $350, we just a saw a great week for X1. Again, consoles get most of their sales after price cuts.

That may be your opinion, but at least in my opinion losing to the competition even when you drop the price and launch a big exclusive is pretty underwhelming.  Hell they gave that exclusive away too.

Yes it sold more than the week before.  Yay.



Price cuts will always help. The Xbox One isn't an undersirable product in the US, its just LESS desirable than a PS4.
Undercutting the PS4 is Microsofts best chance to sway gamers back to Xbox.

If you told me the Xbox One could be bought for $350 with 2 free games last year I would have laughed in your face. It's amazing how much has changed since then. Microsoft has done a good job at trying to keep up with the PS4.



X1 will be up, we just don't know where it's baseline will settle. PS4 will be up soon too with it's bundles.

I thought X1 was worth it for $200. ($349 AC:U bundle, minus $100 trade-in old XB360, minus $50 for AC:U on e-bay).  Then again I realized XB1 doesn't have that many gaemz I want to play yet.



My 8th gen collection

Around the Network
Captain_Tom said:
Mr Puggsly said:

$500 was the launch price. That's the price people with disposable income and avid gamers are willing to pay.

A lot of people are buying the X1 at its current price of $350, we just a saw a great week for X1. Again, consoles get most of their sales after price cuts.

That may be your opinion, but at least in my opinion losing to the competition even when you drop the price and launch a big exclusive is pretty underwhelming.  Hell they gave that exclusive away too.

Yes it sold more than the week before.  Yay.

My last post wasn't opinions, those were facts.

I don't care if MS achieves sales at par or better with PS4. They made some bad moves and are paying for it. I'm just glad X1 is relelvant platform, I like competition.

Yay indeed. Maybe we'll see strong sales for X1 throughout the holiday.



Recently Completed
Crackdown 3
for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
Captain_Tom said:
Mr Puggsly said:

$500 was the launch price. That's the price people with disposable income and avid gamers are willing to pay.

A lot of people are buying the X1 at its current price of $350, we just a saw a great week for X1. Again, consoles get most of their sales after price cuts.

That may be your opinion, but at least in my opinion losing to the competition even when you drop the price and launch a big exclusive is pretty underwhelming.  Hell they gave that exclusive away too.

Yes it sold more than the week before.  Yay.

My last post wasn't opinions, those were facts.

I don't care if MS achieves sales at par or better with PS4. They made some bad moves and are paying for it. I'm just glad X1 is relelvant platform, I like competition.

Yay indeed. Maybe we'll see strong sales for X1 throughout the holiday.

I always find it funny that people think that if one company quits then all competition is dead forever.  Look what happened when SEGA left:  MS came and kept Sony on their toes.  However they also implemented a dozen policies that stifle competition as well, and they have never fully commited to gaming.

Whose to say Samsung/Amazon/Apple couldn't enter the race and really shake things up like Sony did?



Captain_Tom said:
Mr Puggsly said:

My last post wasn't opinions, those were facts.

I don't care if MS achieves sales at par or better with PS4. They made some bad moves and are paying for it. I'm just glad X1 is relelvant platform, I like competition.

Yay indeed. Maybe we'll see strong sales for X1 throughout the holiday.

I always find it funny that people think that if one company quits then all competition is dead forever.  Look what happened when SEGA left:  MS came and kept Sony on their toes.  However they also implemented a dozen policies that stifle competition as well, and they have never fully commited to gaming.

Whose to say Samsung/Amazon/Apple couldn't enter the race and really shake things up like Sony did?

I don't believe those companies are interested in being a direct competitor with Playstation. That would be an investment of billions they may never recoup.

Samsung, Amazon, and Apple haven't even made a noteworthy TV media device. That tells me they don't care to be in that market.



Recently Completed
Crackdown 3
for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Captain_Tom said:
Mr Puggsly said:
Captain_Tom said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Most people don't buy consoles at launch price. That's not an opinion, just a fact.

Anyhow, there is no urgency to drop it to $250. A lot of people seem to feel $350 is justified.


This remains to be seen.  A lot of people bought the X1 at $500 initially and then watched as very few followed after them.

$500 was the launch price. That's the price people with disposable income and avid gamers are willing to pay.

A lot of people are buying the X1 at its current price of $350, we just a saw a great week for X1. Again, consoles get most of their sales after price cuts.

That may be your opinion, but at least in my opinion losing to the competition even when you drop the price and launch a big exclusive is pretty underwhelming.  Hell they gave that exclusive away too.

Yes it sold more than the week before.  Yay.

November 8th didn't include Halo week , unless you're predicting that it'll lose the next week. Which tbh wouldn't really surprise me.

Anyway, looks like 350 helped boost the Xbox One quite a bit, 299 would just cause an explosion in sales far greater than what 350 did. 

Or maybe you're refering to Sunset Overdrive? Sorry when you said big I thought you meant Halo



Michael Pachter stated back in the days...a $329 PS4 would kill of the Xbox one...Microsoft listened. The irony there.