Quantcast
The NFL Thread 2014: New England Patriots Win Super Bowl XLIX

Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2014: New England Patriots Win Super Bowl XLIX

Who will win the Super Bowl?

Who cares? 41 36.61%
 
That AFC team. 29 25.89%
 
That NFC team. 5 4.46%
 
Hahaha, not the Packers! 25 22.32%
 
See Results. 9 8.04%
 
Total:109
RolStoppable said:
chocoloco said:

It is pretty bad. I do try to go to a game every so many years. Though I learned a long time ago football is not the best sport to watch live. I prefer by far to watch hockey live. I would say my favorite TV sport is football, but my favorite live sport is hockey. I can only imagine it must be worse to watch soccer, or rugby live because the fields are so big.

A football field is 120 yards long and 50 yards wide, isn't it? Plus about an additional 15-20 yards of spare room on each side for the coaching staff and standby players. Converted into meters that's about 110 long and 75 wide, so right in the ballpark of what an average soccer field is in size.

Well, everyone in here thinks soccer sucks to watch anyways.

Point was I have watched a lot of football and hockey live in my life. Unless you have really good seats at a football stadium the experience can be boring. In hockey, and basketball the arenas are much smaller because the playing field is much smaller. So you get a much better view of the game no matter where you sit. That is why I called hockey my favorite sport to watch live. Hands down the closest view to the action in sports that I like.



Around the Network

MIN-GB 1 CHI-CAR 2 CLE-TEN 1 STL-PHI 2
ATL-NYG 2 TB-NO 2 HOU-DAL 2 BUF-DET 2
BAL-IND 2 PIT-JAC 1 ARI-DEN 2 KC-SF 2
NYJ-SD 2 CIN-NE 1 BYE   SEA-WAS SEA by 17

I don't know anything about the NFL since I don't recognise the sport anymore.  Apparently things like tackling with your shoulder are now 15 yard penalties.  So are things like arriving 1/1000th of a second after another tackler.  I suppose that you are supposed to wait until the closest defender to the ball carrier tackles or misses.  Then and only then are you allowed to attempt to tackle the ball carrier.  Also defensive holding is called if you gently put your hand on a teamate's back during a field goal attempt.  Also, it's a big no no to tap a QB on the helmet when he's sliding or to hit a QB hard at all even with a textbook tackle.  To be honest, I'm really getting sick of this sport.  In a week I won't care though because hockey will be starting.  In case you haven't heard of hockey, it's the sport where you are still allowed to make physical contact with guy in the other uniform. 



Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

amp316 said:

  In case you haven't heard of hockey, it's the sport where you are still allowed to make physical contact with guy in the other uniform. 

Sounds barbaric.



amp316 said:

I don't know anything about the NFL since I don't recognise the sport anymore.  Apparently things like tackling with your shoulder are now 15 yard penalties.  So are things like arriving 1/1000th of a second after another tackler.  I suppose that you are supposed to wait until the closest defender to the ball carrier tackles or misses.  Then and only then are you allowed to attempt to tackle the ball carrier.  Also defensive holding is called if you gently put your hand on a teamate's back during a field goal attempt.  Also, it's a big no no to tap a QB on the helmet when he's sliding or to hit a QB hard at all even with a textbook tackle.  To be honest, I'm really getting sick of this sport.  In a week I won't care though because hockey will be starting.  In case you haven't heard of hockey, it's the sport where you are still allowed to make physical contact with guy in the other uniform. 

The officiating crew was bad, but the Bears defense was even worse. A blocked field goal was their biggest success story.

Are you seriously picking the Vikings?



Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

 

MIN-GB 2 CHI-CAR 1 CLE-TEN 1 STL-PHI 2
ATL-NYG 2 TB-NO 2 HOU-DAL 2 BUF-DET 2
BAL-IND 2 PIT-JAC 1 ARI-DEN 1 KC-SF 1
NYJ-SD 2 CIN-NE 1 BYE   SEA-WAS 1 by 14





Former something....

Around the Network
MIN-GB  2 CHI-CAR  1 CLE-TEN  2 STL-PHI  2
ATL-NYG  2 TB-NO  2 HOU-DAL  2 BUF-DET  2
BAL-IND  2 PIT-JAC  1 ARI-DEN  2 KC-SF  2
NYJ-SD  2 CIN-NE  1 BYE   SEA-WAS 1 by 17


 

 

 

RolStoppable said:
MIN-GB 2 CHI-CAR 1 CLE-TEN 2 STL-PHI 2
ATL-NYG 2 TB-NO 2 HOU-DAL 1 BUF-DET 2
BAL-IND 2 PIT-JAC 1 ARI-DEN 2 KC-SF 2
NYJ-SD 2 CIN-NE 1 BYE   SEA-WAS 1 by 17

Here we go again, even though last week was bullshit




MIN-GB 2 CHI-CAR 2 CLE-TEN 1 STL-PHI 2
ATL-NYG 2 TB-NO 2 HOU-DAL 2 BUF-DET 2
BAL-IND 2 PIT-JAC 1 ARI-DEN 2 KC-SF 1
NYJ-SD 2 CIN-NE 1 BYE   SEA-WAS SEA by 14





           Survivor Millennial vs Gen X!!

Wow, best run Lacy's done all year.

Sadly.

Edit: Now that one was legitimiately impressive.



noname2200 said:

Wow, best run Lacy's done all year.

Sadly.

Edit: Now that one was legitimiately impressive.

Lacy is a beast that awakened from his slumber. Although in week 1 he made a lot of yards after contact too.

The O-line on the whole has looked much better, starting with last week's game.



Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club