Quantcast
Super Official Anime Discussion Thread - Summer 2019!

Forums - Movies Discussion - Super Official Anime Discussion Thread - Summer 2019!

My best 3 animes so far are Kiniro Mosaic, Hibike Euphonium and Mikagura Gakuen. Punch Line, Kekkai Sensen and Show by Rock still have to prove themselves. The rest I'm watching ranges from passable to almost good. Really not the best season. Hope it's over soon so we can get to the good stuff.

I mean look at this pure uncut awesome!

http://anichart.net/summer



If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
vivster said:

My best 3 animes so far are Kiniro Mosaic, Hibike Euphonium and Mikagura Gakuen. Punch Line, Kekkai Sensen and Show by Rock still have to prove themselves. The rest I'm watching ranges from passable to almost good. Really not the best season. Hope it's over soon so we can get to the good stuff.

I mean look at this pure uncut awesome!

http://anichart.net/summer

I'm not sure how you can say Mikagura Gakuen is great while  Kekkai Sensen is passable. Kekkai Sensen reminds me a lot of Kyosougiga but better and in New York. Mikagura Gakuen feels like it plays off a whole lot of tropes. Aside from the last sequence (which was pretty rough), the second episode was pretty bland.

So far my rankings of the season are

Really like

Ore Monogatari

Kekkai Sensen

Plastic Memories

Likeable

Mikagura Gakuen

Yamada

Show By Rock

Kiniro Mosaic

Sound! Euphorium

Teekyu + Spinoff

Can't Understand My Husband S2

 Shokugeki no Souma

Passable

Danmachi

Nisekoi

Assasination Classroom

SNAFU

Re-Kan!

Grisisia's other 2 game's adaptation

Triage X - for some dumb smutty fun

Need to Prove themselves

Denpa Kyoushi

Nagato Yuki-chan no Shoushitsu

High School DxD BorN

Trash

Punch Line

Gunslinger Stratos



My Hummingbird

3DS Friend Code: 047387541842

Calling Mikagura bland but liking Plastic Memories? We Sir, disagree on a lot of things^^



If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
Calling Mikagura bland but liking Plastic Memories? We Sir, disagree on a lot of things^^


Plastic Memories might fall a bit if it doesn't live to its potential

Mikagura is bland because the characters feel so flat. I don't dislike that much but, the characters feel like they're from a simplistic shounen anime.  THe main girl has a couple dimensions  but, not enough to get emotion like I get from Plastic Memories

I like Plastic Memories because 1. the animation is much better and 2. the characters actually feel multidimensional. Kazuki isn't a brutal slavedriver, she puts pressure on her staff to keep working and actually cares for her employees. The main guy doesn't feel like the typical weak-willed protagonist

 

fake edit: I just looked up who is doing the anime and they are both by Dogakobo. The B-team is definitely working on Mikagura. The lack of depth in Migakura is definitely a result of being a light novel adaptation though while original works like Plastic Memories tend to be more well written



My Hummingbird

3DS Friend Code: 047387541842

AstroGamer said:
vivster said:
Calling Mikagura bland but liking Plastic Memories? We Sir, disagree on a lot of things^^


Plastic Memories might fall a bit if it doesn't live to its potential

Mikagura is bland because the characters feel so flat. I don't dislike that much but, the characters feel like they're from a simplistic shounen anime.  THe main girl has a couple dimensions  but, not enough to get emotion like I get from Plastic Memories

I like Plastic Memories because 1. the animation is much better and 2. the characters actually feel multidimensional. Kazuki isn't a brutal slavedriver, she puts pressure on her staff to keep working and actually cares for her employees. The main guy doesn't feel like the typical weak-willed protagonist

 

fake edit: I just looked up who is doing the anime and they are both by Dogakobo. The B-team is definitely working on Mikagura. The lack of depth in Migakura is definitely a result of being a light novel adaptation though while original works like Plastic Memories tend to be more well written

Yeah i agree with what you said on both of them. I like how the school system works in Migakura, but the female protagonist is not my cup of tea. And i also hated the whole "talking pet companion" in animes. But i still havent dropped it, some of the characters looks interesting. 

And for Plastic Memories, the first ep had me the feels!!!! ( teared up a bit on that last part ). And i can feel that there will be a lot more tears coming down, from how the whole robot system works there =D and how she has like 2000 hours  to live =(



Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
vivster said:

My best 3 animes so far are Kiniro Mosaic, Hibike Euphonium and Mikagura Gakuen. Punch Line, Kekkai Sensen and Show by Rock still have to prove themselves. The rest I'm watching ranges from passable to almost good. Really not the best season. Hope it's over soon so we can get to the good stuff.

I mean look at this pure uncut awesome!

http://anichart.net/summer

Whoa, wait, I didn't know Jitsu wa Watashi wa was being made into an anime.  That's a surprise.  The animation style looks a lot more "moe" than the manga but what can you do.  The manga's artistic style was part of the reason I assumed it would never be animated.  Still, I'm looking forward to Akane's sugar-fueled brand of chaos.

Also, it's absolutely ludicrous that Kangoku Gakuen and Shimoneta to lu Gainen ga Sonazi Taikutsu na Sekai are both getting adaptations in the same season.  It's like a request for parent/teacher organizations to step in and condemn anime again. 

Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri should be interesting.  The manga eventually turns into a Spice & Wolf type thing with a lot of economics but I'm betting the anime will focus more on the Japanese military fighting dragons and stuff.

Anyway, more Non Non Biyori makes me happy.



The scary thought of being able to relate to hachiman's thoughts.... oh god....



Japan Switch Sales comparison vs 3ds and Wii u: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=226216&page=1

OKay that last episode of assclass was freaking boss!



Japan Switch Sales comparison vs 3ds and Wii u: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=226216&page=1

oh thank God! This thread still exists! I thought that perverted NSFW thread was this one.



I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Until now on this season...

Punchiline...
not sure if continue this, until now is just fanservie and little substance on the story, not sure oif it's about sci-fi, heroes, magical girls, just a slice of life or supernatural stuff... Will watch one more.. but is near to be dropped, which is a shame because have a great animation, character design and voice acting.. PD: the spirit cat is a lot fun XD

Triage X... Will hold on this until uncensored BDrips appear... the Censorship is more extreme than on HSOTD in its time...

Rekan,
looks fun, will watch later...

Houkago no Pleaides, looks pretty, but will watch later on... i'm not in mood for this type of magical girls series...

Magical Shoujo Nanoha: ViVID... Pretty good first two episodes... I read the manga, so I'll stick with this till the end...

Shokugeki no Souma.. Is THE BEST of this season.. i read and love the manga, but the anime is great by it self... have some adds that make it feel like something enterilly new... Which is great!

Ore no Monogatari... funiest shoujo romantic comedy right now... a MUST WATCH for everyone that like these genres...

Nisekoi, pretty good until now, I how it keeps the pace like this right now, because last season slowed down at the end... despite having Marika (best girl here)...

Gunsliger Stratos.. Just Meh... Not gonna wath this anymore...

Denpa Kyoushi, as fun as the manga...

Seraph of the End.. Ok first episode.. and ok second one.. Like someone said before me here.. Pretty wierd how they introduced the Highschool setting soon after on a postapocaliptic one... but still is watcheable.. BTW: bad move on the op spoiling that the friend of the protagonist is alive.. would have been a pretty good twist plot ahead on the story for those of us that haven't read? the original story.

Arslan Senki... One of the best of the season!

Plastic Memories.. Just ok.. i'll wath later...

SNAFU.. As good as the first season but with better charater designs and animation... was a little lost at the beginning, but soon after some flashback (thanks, producers!) i'm following fine the anime.

Yamada-kun to shichinin no Majo.. is a good adaptation frm the manga.. i'll keep watching it..

Hibike! Euphonium.. Look so-so.. most of characters are plain and boring.. the story too.. But Asuka tanaka is just TOO MUCH FUN.. love her...

The Dissaperance of nagato Yuuki, a lot fun and enjoyable! I'll Keep watching...

DanMachi, pretty great first two episodes... let's keep wathing this..

And at the END:.... Ninja Slayer... a total let down! Crappy animation mixed with some well produced.. Really, a dissapoint.. I was hyped being this from TRIGGER (Kill la Kill)... a total shame -.-

I'm watching Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Bladework second part too, but this doesn't need anymore to say...



 

DoYou Want DOZENS OF NO GAEMZ?! then... Visit the Official PlayStation Vita Tread