Quantcast
Locked: UPDATE Project Cars fanpage: “If People Want a Race Sim on Wii U They will Buy it, Even in One More Year”

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - UPDATE Project Cars fanpage: “If People Want a Race Sim on Wii U They will Buy it, Even in One More Year”

burninmylight said:
Zelhawks37 said:


And you think those PS360 people will not eventually get PS4/Xboxone?

I'm not even sure why you are justifying this delay and how it was done. Anyone who tries to downplay it is just accepting this kind of treatment. This isn't the first time the Wii U version of a third party game was treated as second rate too, but who cares since its the Wii U right? XD

Do you think every one those dozens of millions of PS360 people will get a PS4/X1 within the first couple of years? Late adopters are getting screwed. At least us Wii U owners are still getting the game on the console we own.

And do you think every one of those owners wants the game? This argument I can understand both sides, so I won't go too much into it.

My point is that this kind of treatment shouldn't be tolerated, regardless of Wii U owners getting the game or not. Wii U was one of the first systems to get the funding, yet it was treated second rate once again. The way it was handled by Namco and Mad Studios didn't help either.



Estelle and Adol... best characters ever! XD

Around the Network

The wait doesnt bother them. The way they are being treated are...


this

I was going to buy this game just for the effort they apparently put into it, and I barely play racing sims anymore, but now I'll probably skip it.


this too

But it seems like an arrogant thing to say.


it is

a lot of people who have the Wii U have access to other systems like the PS4, Xbone, or PC, if the Wii U version is coming later then why not just get the version that's coming out on the other systems while the hype is still fresh, especially when the Wii U version probably won't offer anything else (if anything the graphics might be slightly worse)

their logic is so flawed and the way they've gone about it so bad they've really screwed up this time

I had high hopes for this but now I'm super disappointed, and if they complain about abysmal Wii U sales they should know that that's on them due to their own decisions and more importantly how they went about those decisions (I get the architecture is different, but the least you could do is apologize for disappointing all the fans, especially when so many Wii U ones were looking forward to it =| )

 

EDIT:

quote tags don't work? meh

 

"My point is that this kind of treatment shouldn't be tolerated, regardless of Wii U owners getting the game or not. Wii U was one of the first systems to get the funding, yet it was treated second rate once again. The way it was handled by Namco and Mad Studios didn't help either. "

 

- ditto this too



Zelhawks37 said:
burninmylight said:
Zelhawks37 said:


And you think those PS360 people will not eventually get PS4/Xboxone?

I'm not even sure why you are justifying this delay and how it was done. Anyone who tries to downplay it is just accepting this kind of treatment. This isn't the first time the Wii U version of a third party game was treated as second rate too, but who cares since its the Wii U right? XD

Do you think every one those dozens of millions of PS360 people will get a PS4/X1 within the first couple of years? Late adopters are getting screwed. At least us Wii U owners are still getting the game on the console we own.

And do you think every one of those owners wants the game? This argument I can understand both sides, so I won't go too much into it.

My point is that this kind of treatment shouldn't be tolerated, regardless of Wii U owners getting the game or not. Wii U was one of the first systems to get the funding, yet it was treated second rate once again. The way it was handled by Namco and Mad Studios didn't help either.


No, I don't think everyone who has ever owned an HD console last gen wants this game. Don't get your point with that statement.

I do get your point about the treatment. However, what are you advocating? Boycotting the game?



brute said:


You never know if the people ps3/360 owners that funded for this game already have a PS4 or XBONE, because people that fund these types of stuff are mostly the hardcore gamers, people that would get a new console right away, so we can't use that as an excuse, because we do not know the situaution.

Also, are you sure PS3/360 owners didn't complain when it was announced that it got cancled?


I know that they funded it for last gen systems, not current gen. I also know that the PS4/X1 aren't any more backward compatible with their predecessors than the Wii U is. If I paid to have a game on a certain console, I want it on that console.

As far as PS360 owners complaining, show me the threads.



Zelhawks37 said:
oniyide said:
Zelhawks37 said:

Because those are last gen systems. Should Nintendo fans not complain at all then and accept this? I don't think so.

what kind of logic is that? the game was announced as PC PS360 and Wii U and was funded by users of thsoe systems. Whether they are last gen or not is irrelevant as they still funded the project. Not even sure why you brought that up.

My point is Wii U owners are still getting the game, so lets not act that they got screwed over, yes it sucks they have to wait but thats what it is. PS360 owners got a rawer deal and they arent complaining


And you think those PS360 people will not eventually get PS4/Xboxone?

I'm not even sure why you are justifying this delay and how it was done. Anyone who tries to downplay it is just accepting this kind of treatment. This isn't the first time the Wii U version of a third party game was treated as second rate too, but who cares since its the Wii U right? XD

come on man, that makes no sense. There are 160mil consoles between PS360 versus 16+ between PS4 and ONe. Lets not be silly. If you want to use that logic, then why not say "Wont those Wii U owners get the game eventually"? Its the same damn thing. Actually its worse. Now PS360 owners HAVE to get another system if they want that game. Same cant be said for WIi U owners. Come back to me when the WiiU version gets cancelled.



Around the Network
burninmylight said:
Zelhawks37 said:

And do you think every one of those owners wants the game? This argument I can understand both sides, so I won't go too much into it.

My point is that this kind of treatment shouldn't be tolerated, regardless of Wii U owners getting the game or not. Wii U was one of the first systems to get the funding, yet it was treated second rate once again. The way it was handled by Namco and Mad Studios didn't help either.


No, I don't think everyone who has ever owned an HD console last gen wants this game. Don't get your point with that statement.

I do get your point about the treatment. However, what are you advocating? Boycotting the game?

I should probably retract that point altogether since my original reply to the previous poster should have been that it shouldn't disregard the situation with the Wii U version.

The problem with boycotting is that this will just prove that the Wii U doesn't sell well with third parties. Its just frustrating that the situation had occurred in the first place. JMO though and you are free to disagree. XD



Estelle and Adol... best characters ever! XD

brute said:
burninmylight said:
Zelhawks37 said:
oniyide said:
Zelhawks37 said:

Because those are last gen systems. Should Nintendo fans not complain at all then and accept this? I don't think so.

what kind of logic is that? the game was announced as PC PS360 and Wii U and was funded by users of thsoe systems. Whether they are last gen or not is irrelevant as they still funded the project. Not even sure why you brought that up.

My point is Wii U owners are still getting the game, so lets not act that they got screwed over, yes it sucks they have to wait but thats what it is. PS360 owners got a rawer deal and they arent complaining


And you think those PS360 people will not eventually get PS4/Xboxone?

I'm not even sure why you are justifying this delay and how it was done. Anyone who tries to downplay it is just accepting this kind of treatment. This isn't the first time the Wii U version of a third party game was treated as second rate too, but who cares since its the Wii U right? XD

Do you think every one those dozens of millions of PS360 people will get a PS4/X1 within the first couple of years? Late adopters are getting screwed. At least us Wii U owners are still getting the game on the console we own.


You never know if the people ps3/360 owners that funded for this game already have a PS4 or XBONE, because people that fund these types of stuff are mostly the hardcore gamers, people that would get a new console right away, so we can't use that as an excuse, because we do not know the situaution.

Also, are you sure PS3/360 owners didn't complain when it was announced that it got cancled?

and you dont know that they did buy them. Considering that there arent at least 40mil sold of either PS4 or Xone by now im going with no.

And show us a thread where PS360 owners complained? i sure didnt see any on this site.

Edit: im not advocating this kind of treatment. Yes its ridiculous that they started with this version first (along with PS360, PC) and its getting delayed, but lets use common sense and perspective. They didnt kick your puppy. To sit there and act like its some injustice is laughable considering they straight up cancelled 2 other SKUs on systems that are more popular. And im going ot go out on a limb and say this isnt some conspiracy. That there ambitions were bigger than their eyes and they just ended doing more than they intended tech wise. Which would explain why they straight cancelled PS360 version and it was moved to PS4/one and the Wii U delay. Seems to me they really do need extra time to get it done since its clear the WIi U version will be quite different than the others



Sounds like their facebook PR person was getting tired of Nintendo fans talking about the delay and wanted to say "Deal with it!". He/she found a way to say it without using the exact words, too bad what was said still doesn't sound good. Hopefully, someone higher up will do some damage control.



I'm sure it has nothing to do with competing against MK at all........



Rab said:
burninmylight said:
Zelhawks37 said:
oniyide said:
Zelhawks37 said:

Because those are last gen systems. Should Nintendo fans not complain at all then and accept this? I don't think so.

what kind of logic is that? the game was announced as PC PS360 and Wii U and was funded by users of thsoe systems. Whether they are last gen or not is irrelevant as they still funded the project. Not even sure why you brought that up.

My point is Wii U owners are still getting the game, so lets not act that they got screwed over, yes it sucks they have to wait but thats what it is. PS360 owners got a rawer deal and they arent complaining


And you think those PS360 people will not eventually get PS4/Xboxone?

I'm not even sure why you are justifying this delay and how it was done. Anyone who tries to downplay it is just accepting this kind of treatment. This isn't the first time the Wii U version of a third party game was treated as second rate too, but who cares since its the Wii U right? XD

Do you think every one those dozens of millions of PS360 people will get a PS4/X1 within the first couple of years? Late adopters are getting screwed. At least us Wii U owners are still getting the game on the console we own.

Yeah but because of what is happening, sales will be lower, it will affect future games coming on the system, Watchdogs is in the same boat, it's coming but at what cost, anyway if people dont get that this is a vicious cycle that effects the future of games coming, then I don't know what else to say

You want to know why sales will be lowered? Because whiny Wii U fanboys fuss and pout and decide to boycott a game just for being late, or get another version. Instead, we could wait for the game to come to Wii U, check videos and reviews to make sure it's on par or better than other versions, and buy it anyway, showing the world that there's an audience for this game, and maybe, just maybe we'd get treated with some respect. But no, that would be the smart thing to do. Let's just keep whining, boycotting, portbegging and bitching about third party games when someone does bother to bring it to the Wii U.

Look: I've made as many posts as ANYONE on this site about how Nintendo gets shafted on ports and how we don't have to take it: everything from EA sans Need For Speed, Splinter Cell, Ass Creed, Rayman Legends, Watch_Dogs and so on. But if a game arrives later than the rest and is equal to or better than the others, I can live with that. I'd rather have a late game that works than a quick and dirty port that runs like Ass Creed 3. And considering the Wii U's situation, later is better than never.