Quantcast
Locked: UPDATE Project Cars fanpage: “If People Want a Race Sim on Wii U They will Buy it, Even in One More Year”

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - UPDATE Project Cars fanpage: “If People Want a Race Sim on Wii U They will Buy it, Even in One More Year”

KLXVER said:
REDZONE said:


Had Mario Kart got delayed to next year would you still buy it?


Very different scenario.


Really?Why?If I wanted a sim racer on WiiU,this game would have to do it beacuse there is no other sim releasing on the console.So,If you really wanted it you would buy it delayed or not,same goes for MK.If it was delayed and you really wanted it you would buy it,simple.



Around the Network
MoHasanie said:

Yes you're right. It seems to be falsely reported by Nintendo Enthusiast and clearly exagerated. Um, because there is no facebook page anymore, I think this thread should be locked. 


It's your thread, if that's what you'd like say so and I'll lock it.  Just making sure that your intentions are clear before I lock the thread.  



...

Pristine20 said:
Clyde32 said:

When has this ever been about graphics?

It's a "realistic simulator". Graphics are part of what makes it good and what wowed people in the first place. The same way people use internet polls to judge the Wii U's demand, you can go and watch videos for the game and easily see that the number one reason people are excited for it is the realistic graphics. Why do you think they're supporting 4k monitors on PCs? If that's a very important feature of a game, the wii U version becomes the worst one by default.

I'm talking about the wii u version though. The Wii U version was built for its gameplay.



REDZONE said:
KLXVER said:
REDZONE said:


Had Mario Kart got delayed to next year would you still buy it?


Very different scenario.


Really?Why?If I wanted a sim racer on WiiU,this game would have to do it beacuse there is no other sim releasing on the console.So,If you really wanted it you would buy it delayed or not,same goes for MK.If it was delayed and you really wanted it you would buy it,simple.


Ive answered this question already. To sum up: I wouldnt buy it if it was partially crowd funded and Nintendo insulted those people about the delay...



Cobretti2 said:


what exactly did the Wii have that would make lots of people buy it?  

Resident Evil that was on rails shooters.

EA simulation sports games that had cartoony childish covers.  For all we know that cover wasn't tiger woods but one of the illegitemate secret children he fathered.

The COD that defined the franchise skipped the console then port come two years later. 

The best efforts on Wii from 3rd party were PS2/GCN ports like RE4, Godfather and thats about it.

A few of the Fifas flopped, some of the Maddens, WWE also sold very averagely. 007, Need for Speed, Top Spin, Manhunt, Tiger, Bully, Silent Hill, Tomb Raider, Some Guitar Heroes, The rest of the maddens and Fifas, DiRT, a lot of the major movie tie-in games, a lot of other major sports franchise from EA and Take Two (NBA & NHL), SSX, Dead Rising, Tony Hawks, Alone in the Dark, Pro Evo, Scarface etc all flopped super hard. I'm sure theres more.

These are major franchises that did a lot lot better on other franchises. The game needs to sell enough to cover the extra development costs and costs to get it to market. If they get burnt once with poor sales then don't expect them to get burnt again. In the end some publishers worked out what games sell best on Wii and the majority of the best selling games from third parties is party, music, dance or exercise games. Publishers also worked out that they need to make some of there games appeal more to families to sell, hence the adapted versions of the full fat version.

Now couple the fact that 3rd party games (outside of the "family" bracket) sell poorly on Nintendo and that the Wii U sales are abysmal, 3rd parties are less likely to support. I'd be surprised in PC sells more that a couple hundred thousand on Wii U so it's kinda great that they still choose to release it for the Wii U even though the guys comment wasn't very nice.



Around the Network
Clyde32 said:
Pristine20 said:
Clyde32 said:

When has this ever been about graphics?

It's a "realistic simulator". Graphics are part of what makes it good and what wowed people in the first place. The same way people use internet polls to judge the Wii U's demand, you can go and watch videos for the game and easily see that the number one reason people are excited for it is the realistic graphics. Why do you think they're supporting 4k monitors on PCs? If that's a very important feature of a game, the wii U version becomes the worst one by default.

I'm talking about the wii u version though. The Wii U version was built for its gameplay.


Several people touted the wii u version as some sort of third party savior, as though it would prove the wii u could stand on level ground with the ps4 and xb1, or at least much closer than people expected.



REDZONE said:
KLXVER said:
REDZONE said:
This game would of never sold well on the WiiU,delayed or not.And he is correct,if you really want it,you would buy it,just like if any other game you wanted got delayed.


Maybe you would, but dont speak for everyone.


Had Mario Kart got delayed to next year would you still buy it?

The only place you can get mario kart is on wii u so you would be forced to wait. With this game I don't have to wait, instead I could just grab it on another console, hurting the sales of the delayed game.



Torillian said:
MoHasanie said:

Yes you're right. It seems to be falsely reported by Nintendo Enthusiast and clearly exagerated. Um, because there is no facebook page anymore, I think this thread should be locked. 


It's your thread, if that's what you'd like say so and I'll lock it.  Just making sure that your intentions are clear before I lock the thread.  

Yes, please lock it. 



    

NNID: FrequentFlyer54