Quantcast
Locked: UPDATE Project Cars fanpage: “If People Want a Race Sim on Wii U They will Buy it, Even in One More Year”

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - UPDATE Project Cars fanpage: “If People Want a Race Sim on Wii U They will Buy it, Even in One More Year”

Torillian said:
KLXVER said:
Torillian said:


Oh?  what's his name then?  Far as I can tell it being a fan page means that it's run by fans, not developers.  


So developers are not allowed to comment in fan pages? Seems a bit backwards to me...


The comment you are quoting was from the one who runs the fanpage.  I'm guessing it's a fan.  Did you see a post like that from one of the developers?


In the link the OP gave the story was that the company answered people on facebook. It didnt say it was their facebook page...



Around the Network
KLXVER said:


In the link you gave the story was that the company answered people on facebook. It didnt say it was their facebook page...


Link I gave?  

The story was that the company answered people on facebook, probably making the same assumption others did that any Project Cars facebook page has to be the official one from the developers.  But it's not, it's a fanpage, this just means that whoever wrote the article was wrong.  



...

KLXVER said:

Yeah, but they dont pay us for anything...


True, maybe a bit more professionalism is needed here.



KLXVER said:
Nintentacle said:
People seem to be forgetting the delays Pikmin 3, The Wonderful 101, Wii Fit U, and DKC got...


Yeah and Nintendo telling us "Youll wait for them because you dont have anything else to play anyway..Mwahahahahahahaa!!!"

 

That was a dick move by Nintendo...

That isn't my point. People still bought them.



Torillian said:
KLXVER said:


In the link you gave the story was that the company answered people on facebook. It didnt say it was their facebook page...


Link I gave?  

The story was that the company answered people on facebook, probably making the same assumption others did that any Project Cars facebook page has to be the official one from the developers.  But it's not, it's a fanpage, this just means that whoever wrote the article was wrong.  


Yeah, I thought you were the OP at first:)

Well if that is the case, then why havent they updated the news story? Seems like it would be an easy thing to find out.



Around the Network
SWORDF1SH said:

Project Cars will bomb on Wii U. Because of this they will give that version less priority. Wii had more than a few chances to prove that 3rd company games sell but they just don't.

Lets face it, some gamers are whiners and is response is probably directed at them. If people can express how they feel about the delay then the developers have a right to respond truthfully. It's no different to how 90% of gamers talk to publishers and developers.


what exactly did the Wii have that would make lots of people buy it?  

Resident Evil that was on rails shooters.

EA simulation sports games that had cartoony childish covers.  For all we know that cover wasn't tiger woods but one of the illegitemate secret children he fathered.

The COD that defined the franchise skipped the console then port come two years later. 

The best efforts on Wii from 3rd party were PS2/GCN ports like RE4, Godfather and thats about it.



 

 

KLXVER said:


Yeah, I thought you were the OP at first:)

Well if that is the case, then why havent they updated the news story? Seems like it would be an easy thing to find out.


Who knows?  All kinds of possibilities on that one.  All I know is that the facebook page is a fanpage and I have no reason to assume that a developer is the one that made that statement.  The writer from Nintendoenthusiast doesn't cite any information that we don't have from the facebook page ourselves, I guess he just didn't check the about page or read Neogaf which is where I heard about this.  Maybe he's taking the weekend off, maybe he cares more about his probably massively popular article's hits than its accuracy, it's tough to say.  



...

Nintentacle said:
People seem to be forgetting the delays Pikmin 3, The Wonderful 101, Wii Fit U, and DKC got...

people still complained, but because it wasn't a 3rd party thread, the "usual suspects" did not enter the thread to tell NIntendo fans to suck it up.



 

 

Torillian said:

Who knows?  All kinds of possibilities on that one.  All I know is that the facebook page is a fanpage and I have no reason to assume that a developer is the one that made that statement.  The writer from Nintendoenthusiast doesn't cite any information that we don't have from the facebook page ourselves, I guess he just didn't check the about page or read Neogaf which is where I heard about this.  Maybe he's taking the weekend off, maybe he cares more about his probably massively popular article's hits than its accuracy, it's tough to say.  


Fair enough. Ill hold off my judgment of this until I hear something more official then. If its just a bad journalist wanting views, then he needs to find another job... Shit like this can really hurt developers.



170 comments because one half-assed journalist quoted a random person on Facebook...
If it wasn't so damn funny, it would have been tragic...people get worked up over slightest things these days...