Of the "big three" Sony platformers, which are the best?
Personally I have to go with Ratchet and Clank, for a few reasons:
1. It has good replayability.- With challenge mode (new game +), loads of collectibles and skill points, you get great value for your money.
2. It has the most games.- I consider this a plus because more games = more awesomness.
3. It has a great story.- Although I think the Jak and Daxter series trumps it in this regard, the Future trilogy's story is great.
4. It has a good mix of serious elements and humor. (This is a pro for me)- I won't go into details, but if you have played them (and this is especially prominent in R&C: into the nexus) you will know what i'm talking about.
5. The weapons.- There are so many of them, and almost all are a blast to use. Also, getting your weapon to the next level is really addicting.
Now, i'll list some Pros for the other series as well:
Jak and Daxter:
1. Epic story.- The story in the Jak and Daxter series is perhaps the greates story in platforming games. It has a much more serious tone (for 2 and 3 at least) than the two other franchises I mentioned.
2. Expansive open-world.- The "openness" of the original Jak and Daxter was already good, but Naughty Dog upped the ante with two, and then continued to raise the bar with three.
3. It is more serious, dark and "mature" (This is a pro for others).- Jak 2 is a hard game. Like seriously hard. It also has the darkest, most serious story of the franchise. The Jak games features some heavy stuff including torture and civil war, and some other things that I wont spoil. Jak as a frachise relies less on humor than Sly and Ratchet.
1. The hub worlds.- The ways you can traverse the open hubworlds are endless. I find myself just running around in the hub worlds, perhaps trying to find the fastest route from point A to point B.
2. Being more of a pure platformer (This all comes down to personal preference of course).- Whilst combat features a prominent role in both Jak and Daxter and Ratchet and Clank, Sly is more about moving stealthily around, and platforming remains as the core focus.
3. The humor.- Sly is deffinetly the most light hearted and kid-friendly of the three, but I just can't help myself from the occasional giggle while I play Sly.
What is your favourites, and why?
Teeqoz, keeper of the ponies. And Cone's secret lover. Shh, don't tell anyone.
Co-founder of TOTY
I bet PS4 will have 50% or more marketshare by end of 2015, RubberWhistleHistle bets it won't.
I bet PS4 will have 50% or more marketshare by end of 8th gen, RubberWhistleHistle bets it won't.
Check out my amateurish financial blog!