Quantcast
Since no one else will say it; Destiny looks dissapointing

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Since no one else will say it; Destiny looks dissapointing

It looks like It's on the good side, but I don't think it looks special. I just don't understand why they made the decision to spend so much money on it. It's not a smart idea to throw away the profits of the past few COD games if you ask me.



Around the Network
Daisuke72 said:
kitler53 said:
Daisuke72 said:
kitler53 said:
about it looking like trash. your either extremely jaded and should quit video games entirely or desperate for attention.

also, to say there is unique except the MMO aspects is also disingenuous as that is a massive shift in gameplay we're never seen the likes of before except in journey.


Okay, what's this massive shift in gameplay we've never seen before? Cause honestly I've yet to see anything from this game. It looks boring, boring games = trash. 


have you played journey?


Yes, are you refferring to the feature when people join your game? 

 

If so, wow how revolutionary and innovative. Doesn't change the fact the gameplay looks exactly like Borderlands, as well as the art style, and it lacks any character or soul imo.


you could have said the same about online multiplayer when it was first introduced.  halo online plays no different from a halo lan party afterall...

 

the silent matchmaking system will break down the barrer between single and multiplayer. no more waiting in lobbies and watching (what feels) like houe long load times.  just pure gameplay. 

and to the best of my knowlede boarderlands never let you shift between first and third person perspectives. 

and i think the art looks amazing. 

...but if you want to hate on everything that isn't entirely original i'll warn you,  you are going to be a sad person. there are no original ideas and the things you thought were original aren't.  you were just too inexperienced to see the prior arts.  if your that jaded just quit. 



I wouldn't say it's "trash". However, after seeing a 7 minute gameplay video on the XB1 dashboard last week, I wasn't particularly impressed. I mean, it looks 'alright' I guess, but it's nothing to crow about. Maybe it's because its an online only game? These type of games use alot of resources for network, AI etc...



starcraft said:
kitler53 said:
starcraft said:
kitler53 said:
about it looking like trash. your either extremely jaded and should quit video games entirely or desperate for attention.

also, to say there is unique except the MMO aspects is also disingenuous as that is a massive shift in gameplay we're never seen the likes of before except in journey.

You do know there has been the odd innovation in gaming over the last 30-40 years right?


i'm not claiming this is the only innovation or even the biggest if that's what you are getting at.  

The way you worded your sentence implies you think the biggest shift in gameplay ever seen was in Journey, and that Destiny is second only to that...

obvously the something like the introduction of 3d is one of the biggest ever....

...but i still think the silent matchmaking will be massive.  like in the introductiom of the cover mechanism for shooters or regenerating health bars i think this is one of those things that will forever change how games are developed and in the future any game that doesn't support it will feel cheap and not AAA. 



kitler53 said:
Daisuke72 said:
kitler53 said:
Daisuke72 said:
kitler53 said:
about it looking like trash. your either extremely jaded and should quit video games entirely or desperate for attention.

also, to say there is unique except the MMO aspects is also disingenuous as that is a massive shift in gameplay we're never seen the likes of before except in journey.


Okay, what's this massive shift in gameplay we've never seen before? Cause honestly I've yet to see anything from this game. It looks boring, boring games = trash. 


have you played journey?


Yes, are you refferring to the feature when people join your game? 

 

If so, wow how revolutionary and innovative. Doesn't change the fact the gameplay looks exactly like Borderlands, as well as the art style, and it lacks any character or soul imo.


you could have said the same about online multiplayer when it was first introduced.  halo online plays no different from a halo lan party afterall...

 

the silent matchmaking system will break down the barrer between single and multiplayer. no more waiting in lobbies and watching (what feels) like houe long load times.  just pure gameplay. 

and to the best of my knowlede boarderlands never let you shift between first and third person perspectives. 

and i think the art looks amazing. 

...but if you want to hate on everything that isn't entirely original i'll warn you,  you are going to be a sad person. there are no original ideas and the things you thought were original aren't.  you were just too inexperienced to see the prior arts.  if your that jaded just quit. 

If you have to tell journalists what sets your game apart from an established IP, you can't be that original, now can you?

http://www.edge-online.com/news/bungie-on-what-destiny-does-better-than-borderlands

 

And that feature will hardly be revolutionary, and you mentioned ONE original thing about the game, I guess that makes it boring gameplay okay cause you no longer have to wait in lobbies to experience it. Seriously, I have yet to see one dazzling reception from journalists, and I have yet to see any compelling gameplay, if the press isn't all over it like they are over any good game, then I have no reason to believe this game will be good.

 

Hell the vast majority of game changing games get great previews, use titanfall for example. It got great previews from the press and the gameplay was always exciting, meanwhile Destiny isn't and the gameplay looks boring as hell, and many are calling it underwhelming, obviously the game isn't going to be that good, and from what I've seen, it looks trash. But that's just my opinion.



Around the Network

I can't say that I've been blown away so far by the videos for Destiny either, but I'm certainly not going to jump on to a forum and start whining about a game that's still months away from release, especially considering I haven't played it yet.
Also, for the guy complaining that Destiny looks like a cross between this game and that game and this game over here, gaming evolves by how certain titles change the 'way' we play, not by changing how good something is to look at. That always comes afterwards.
Name one successful title for me that had a significant impact on gaming culture and development simply because of how it looked, because I definitely can't think of one.
Not one.
Gameplay always, always comes first, even for you.
So if Destiny looks derivative or uninspired graphically, if it plays like a beast, then it is one.
And since none of us have actually played it yet, you'd be better off reserving judgment.



It has Peter Dinklage's voice in the game. What more could you want?



 

My Real Redneck friends


Sevengen said:

I can't say that I've been blown away so far by the videos for Destiny either, but I'm certainly not going to jump on to a forum and start whining about a game that's still months away from release, especially considering I haven't played it yet.
Also, for the guy complaining that Destiny looks like a cross between this game and that game and this game over here, gaming evolves by how certain titles change the 'way' we play, not by changing how good something is to look at. That always comes afterwards.
Name one successful title for me that had a significant impact on gaming culture and development simply because of how it looked, because I definitely can't think of one.
Not one.
Gameplay always, always comes first, even for you.
So if Destiny looks derivative or uninspired graphically, if it plays like a beast, then it is one.
And since none of us have actually played it yet, you'd be better off reserving judgment.


except the gameplay looks exactly likes borderlands the press has yet to rave over the gameplay.

 

here's an example of what I mean.

 

"Co-op shooters aren’t exactly a brand new thing in the video game world. From what we saw, Bungie’s Destiny looked a little more like Gearbox Software’s destiny, if they had a bigger bankroll."



I lost my hype for this game when they said you'd reach max level in a couple hours



Destiny looks boring. This gen has been a huge disappointment when it comes to none Nintendo games. That's would be fine for me if Nintendo's release schedule wasn't up it's own ass.

Killzone was mediocre. Rise was bad. Infamous was mediocre. Titanfall was mediocre. Watch_Dogs is mediocre. Ground Zeroes exists. Theif was disappointing. Wolfenstein was as generic as it was always going to be, but at least that game wasn't trying to be more grand than it knew it was. Everything else is delayed. It's not just Destiny. Pretty much everything looks like trash.



Well, this is new.

Read.