Quantcast
Does Sony win every generation by default?

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Does Sony win every generation by default?

Jay520 said:
In fact, it does not even matter if it wasn't obvious to him. I said it was obvious, not obvious to him . Your statement was obvious because it was a tautology. Which means it's objectively painfully obvious regardless of what phantom thought.

You said it was obvious, I told you it wasn't to phantom.

Okay Mr. Tautology?



Around the Network
padib said:
Jay520 said:
In fact, it does not even matter if it wasn't obvious to him. I said it was obvious, not obvious to him . Your statement was obvious because it was a tautology. Which means it's objectively painfully obvious regardless of what phantom thought.

You said it was obvious, I told you it wasn't to phantom.

Okay Mr. Tautology?

tautology was the wrong word.

A statement does not have to be obvious to every moron in order for it to be obvious.



GoldenGamer said:
The PS is always the most complete system.I LOL@ anyone who has never owned at least one.That is just the facts.

Yes, I agree with you. Playstation is the only one who has diversity in everything which is others lacking.



GAMING is not about spending hours to pass/waste our time just for fun,

its a Feeling/Experience about a VIRTUAL WORLD we can never be in real, and realizing some of our dreams (also creating new ones).

So, Feel Emotions, Experience Adventure/Action, Challenge Game, Solve puzzles and Have fun.

PlayStation is about all-round "New experiences" using new IP's to provide great diversity for everyone.

Xbox is always about Online and Shooting.

Nintendo is always about Fun games and milking IP's.

Jay520 said:
padib said:
Jay520 said:
In fact, it does not even matter if it wasn't obvious to him. I said it was obvious, not obvious to him . Your statement was obvious because it was a tautology. Which means it's objectively painfully obvious regardless of what phantom thought.

You said it was obvious, I told you it wasn't to phantom.

Okay Mr. Tautology?

tautology was the wrong word.

An statement does not have to be obvious to every moron in order for it to be obvious.

Oh, I see what you did there. You tempted me to agree with you because you know what I think of phantom. Sly boy. :P

As for the point, well, let's rewind back to the first reply you gave me.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/reply.php?id=183683&quote=6340124

Kapi didn't find it obvious, but you said it was obvious, in a reply I made to kapi.

Sometimes you are allowed to be wrong. It's ok



padib said:

Kapi didn't find it obvious, but you said it was obvious, in a reply I made to kapi.


I already talked about Kapi. Here is his post again, since you must have forgotten:

"Nope that is definitely an opinion. To call them best selling would be a fact but calling them greatest is highly subjective and so only an opinion."

He explicitly states that Nintendo are the best selling software publishers. He agrees with this fact. It is obvious to him.

He disagrees with your interpretation of "greatest."

His post doesn't matter anyway because - like I just said - a claim does not have to be obvious to everyone in order for it to be obvious.



Around the Network
Jay520 said:
padib said:

Kapi didn't find it obvious, but you said it was obvious, in a reply I made to kapi.


I already talked about Kapi. Here is his post again, since you must have forgotten:

"Nope that is definitely an opinion. To call them best selling would be a fact but calling them greatest is highly subjective and so only an opinion."

He explicitly states that Nintendo are the best selling software publishers. He agrees with this fact. It is obvious to him.

He disagrees with your interpretation of "greatest."

His post doesn't matter anyway because - like I just said - a claim does not have to be obvious to everyone in order for it to be obvious.

I lose.

And I agree with your statement that a claim doesn't have to be obvious to everyone in order for it to be obvious, however the smart to moron ratio is something that neither you nor I can know.

Due to that, I feel the responsibility to post it.

Moreover, that fact is important for the topic, as obvious as it may be to some of us. The reason is that Nintendo have the power to sell their consoles all by themselves, they truly are unrivaled. That affects who wins by default in my opinion. The initial fact may be obvious, but its implications may not be. (So much so that I'm having to clarify the purpose of my original post here.)



Fusioncode said:
spemanig said:
Fusioncode said:

Unlike Microsoft they have strong presence in all three major regions. Unlike Nintendo they have solid 3rd party support. Both Nintendo and Microsoft have a handicap that Sony lacks. So as long as neither of them throws a curveball like the Wii, or Sony doesn't make major mistakes like with the PS3, does Sony just automatically win?


They don't have a strong presence in Japan anymore. 

It hasn't even been out 6 months in Japan. The PS3 didn't have a particularly strong launch either. Let's wait and see what happens once some of the major 3rd party titles hit. 


The PS4 honestly didn't have all that spectucular a launch lineup either.



I think Nintendo won last gen so no not every generation.



The Legend of Zelda: Darkness U

Probably but as long as they don't get arrogant again



Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Yup. Sony won the 7th gen by default thanks to the power of Giant Enemy Crabs!



                
       ---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---