Forums - Gaming Discussion - A game series you were reluctant to get into

Sometimes you'll hear about a series of games (or maybe just a standalone game) that your friends/family/etc. tell you about. The series may not interest you at first, but after a while you decide that you might as well try it.

What game(s) was that for you? Did you end up liking/loving it or did you hate it/dislike it anyway?

Mine is SMT: Persona. Persona was a series my friend kept nagging me to play, and I saw it, and I saw him play it and it didn't look all that great to me. Eventually I ended up buying Persona 4: Golden on the Vita and realized that the Persona series is amazing.. and Ive been a big fan ever since



Add me on PSN!: Electric_Flare

Around the Network
Call of Duty... Before Cod 4 came out, I was an RTS whoreee but then I tried Cod and then became a FPS whoreee until mw3 that is

                         

                        Anime: Love Lab                                                                                  The Famous Club Co-Leader of Club Squeezol
                      
Nsfw Anime Thread                                                                            Join our Nsfw Anime Thread!
                      SFW Anime Thread                                                                             Join our Sfw Anime thread!

Castlevania Lords of Shadow. I'm a Castlevania fan, and like most of the fanbase, I disregarded Lords of Shadow to be worth playing simply because it went against the Castlevania timeline. I eventually purchased it when it hit $30 and loved the game. I bought Lords of Shadow Mirror of Fate and Lords of Shadow 2 day one, both of them are also great games. Because of this I'll no longer judge a game on an opinion as baseless as different story continuity, character looks different(Dante on DmC,) not by the same dev, etc. While that stuff can still ruin the game, I'll atleast give the game a chance as long as the story and gameplay seem good.

kuporeviews and other stuff

NeoRatt said:
Sony is now renaming the PlayStation to the RePlayStation...

You can replay PC Indie or PS3 games on it!
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
Call of Duty... Before Cod 4 came out, I was an RTS whoreee but then I tried Cod and then became a FPS whoreee until mw3 that is

I didnt realize you played FPSs to begin with o.o you didnt seem the type



Add me on PSN!: Electric_Flare

The Persona series.

I've had numerous friends tell me how great it was and I should play it - but it took me until the year 2011 to actually try the series :P.

 

I've loved it so much that I've played Persona 1, Persona 2 Innocent Sin and Persona 3 Portable all in a row.



Around the Network

Gears of War.

 

The whole saga was unappealing to me. One day, I went to a friend's house and we did some co-op with it. I was sold then, and I loved the series ever since. They lack a bit of refinement on the story side, but other than that... :P



Sad to say, mine is Animal Crossing.

Global 2014 Hardware Preditions: Ps4- 15.4 M. XOne- 11.2 M

Wii U- 10.9 M. (Made the 29th of April 2014)  

                             

BasilZero said:

The Persona series.

I've had numerous friends tell me how great it was and I should play it - but it took me until the year 2011 to actually try the series :P.

 

I've loved it so much that I've played Persona 1, Persona 2 Innocent Sin and Persona 3 Portable all in a row.


I've had difficulty playing Persona 2: Innocent Sin/the other half of Persona 2. I liked 1, and loved 3 & 4, but the 2 series is.. idk. I like the story but the battle system feels less exciting and the random encounter rate is annoyingly high. Idk probably just me, but I do like it the battle system and encounter rate turn me away from those 2 though x.x



Add me on PSN!: Electric_Flare

StarOcean said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
Call of Duty... Before Cod 4 came out, I was an RTS whoreee but then I tried Cod and then became a FPS whoreee until mw3 that is

I didnt realize you played FPSs to begin with o.o you didnt seem the type

Loll, well, I am mostly into jrpgs now but highschool was all about Fps after grade 9



                         

                        Anime: Love Lab                                                                                  The Famous Club Co-Leader of Club Squeezol
                      
Nsfw Anime Thread                                                                            Join our Nsfw Anime Thread!
                      SFW Anime Thread                                                                             Join our Sfw Anime thread!

Around the Network
StarOcean said:
BasilZero said:

The Persona series.

I've had numerous friends tell me how great it was and I should play it - but it took me until the year 2011 to actually try the series :P.

 

I've loved it so much that I've played Persona 1, Persona 2 Innocent Sin and Persona 3 Portable all in a row.


I've had difficulty playing Persona 2: Innocent Sin/the other half of Persona 2. I liked 1, and loved 3 & 4, but the 2 series is.. idk. I like the story but the battle system feels less exciting and the random encounter rate is annoyingly high. Idk probably just me, but I do like it the battle system and encounter rate turn me away from those 2 though x.x


I do agree, Persona 2 is actually my least liked out of the 3 games I've played :P.

I havent played Eternal Punishment yet but I do plan to do so the PSX version since.....the PSP version never came outside of Japan >__>.