Quantcast
Do you think Microsoft has pissed off the industry like how Sega did with the Saturn?

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you think Microsoft has pissed off the industry like how Sega did with the Saturn?

Do you think the industry is annoyed with Microsofts inability to stick to a gameplan?

Yes 227 49.78%
 
No 177 38.82%
 
See results 49 10.75%
 
Total:453
RolStoppable said:
Yet another joke thread today.

Regarding your first reason, that would be one for the industry to be mad at Sony. As for your second one, nobody was working on Kinect games, so the removal of mandatory Kinect is a positive thing.


Harmonix and Rare were truly heartbroken when the Kinect was removed.

 

 

 

This concludes our list.



Around the Network

I dont think so.

SEGA dropped a system they could perfectly kept supporting for more years (The saturn). They disappointed publishers and customers.

Microsoft just pissed off the early adopters a bit. Maybe they annoyed a few publishers a bit, but i'm sure they understand that it benefits them more in the long run.



even if MS pissed of the industry who cares? The industry should know its place. For to long have the big 3 publishers had to much influence and the result is the whole industry going down the pooper.

Lets hope EA and Activision one day are bought by better companies or just die.



I assume than when MS negotiates an exclusivity deal, they show or discuss about their sale predictions, about the better profitability offered by DRM, they talk about how Kinect is the DNA of the console. And everything changes. That should be piss a lot the studios.

But what is different with Saturn is that the Xbox One is not gonna die,you can still achieve profitability, and that you can go multi-platform a lot more easily.



kowenicki said:
no

Not entirely true. The developers who are making Kinect only games seem to be the ones who are pissed and rightly so. Other than those select few, every other dev will see the kinect removal as a god send.

It is still scary that they have literally did a 180 degree on everything the console stood for initially



Around the Network
Nem said:

I dont think so.

SEGA dropped a system they could perfectly kept supporting for more years. They disappointed publishers and customers.

Microsoft just pissed off the early adopters a bit. Maybe they annoyed a few publishers a bit, but i'm sure they understand that it benefits them more in the long run.

Except for the fact that the reason they dropped out/discountinued the Dreamcast in the first place was because they couldn't finacially support it anymore.



In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

maverick40 said:
kowenicki said:
no

Not entirely true. The developers who are making Kinect only games seem to be the ones who are pissed and rightly so. Other than those select few, everyone dev will see the kinect removal as a god send.

It is still scary that they have literally did a 180 degree on everything the console stood for initially

Except the name...

Yet..



In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

The Kinect is a secondary device so whatever baclash they got from third party would be small. Sega screwed up their complete relationship with third parties completely for the Saturn and they all ran to Sony.



If Microsoft had stuck with their initial gameplan even a cross section of Xbox gamers would've boycotted them.



Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Nem said:

I dont think so.

SEGA dropped a system they could perfectly kept supporting for more years. They disappointed publishers and customers.

Microsoft just pissed off the early adopters a bit. Maybe they annoyed a few publishers a bit, but i'm sure they understand that it benefits them more in the long run.

Except for the fact that the reason they dropped out/discountinued the Dreamcast in the first place was because they couldn't finacially support it anymore.


Oh sorry... i meant the Saturn, not the dreamcast. The OP alluded to in his point... so i thought it was obvious. I will edit it to make it clear. :)