Quantcast
Official PlayStation E3 2014 - YouTube link for those who missed it

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official PlayStation E3 2014 - YouTube link for those who missed it

Scisca said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

I said it earlier in the chat on this thread: Best E3 Thread (unshamless plug)

that tv/movies were toxic. The should've announced that stuff pre-e3, Vita, Vita TV, PS Now, Morpheus all that stuff was good but the 20 minutes really cut the momentum and seemed to drag on forever.


The movie thing was redundant, but I guess they were expecting MS to show their Quantum Break/Halo series or whatever they are doing there.

On the other hand, I think you don't understand just how important it is for Sony to get the message about PS Now across to all gamers. That's of paramount importance for Sony, as is the fact that they are introducing a $99 console that takes advantage of it. Announcing this pre-e3 wouldn't make such an impact. This is the future of Playstation, it deserves its place on the central stage.

A conference isn't an action movie. It shows their offer, their products and they delivered well. Having seen it I feel completely informed about pretty much everything coming to Playstation. Something I feel MS failed to do.

I should've used a semi colon, I basically feel that everything but TV/Movies was good and they need a much better charaismatic speaker for the dull parts. I also agree about MS, it felt that they were  to scared to fuck up this time around and just showed games. Good, but not spectacular, the sheer amount of CGI and Multiplats proved that they didn't actually have enough exclusive gameplay to fill those 90 minutes so the CGI and multiplats acted as filler, they completely ignored the kinect price drop or anything new happening with the system itself though.



In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Around the Network

For those who missed it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozo1EYAjkNM



Scisca said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

I said it earlier in the chat on this thread: Best E3 Thread (unshamless plug)

that tv/movies were toxic. The should've announced that stuff pre-e3, Vita, Vita TV, PS Now, Morpheus all that stuff was good but the 20 minutes really cut the momentum and seemed to drag on forever.


The movie thing was redundant, but I guess they were expecting MS to show their Quantum Break/Halo series or whatever they are doing there.

On the other hand, I think you don't understand just how important it is for Sony to get the message about PS Now across to all gamers. That's of paramount importance for Sony, as is the fact that they are introducing a $99 console that takes advantage of it. Announcing this pre-e3 wouldn't make such an impact. This is the future of Playstation, it deserves its place on the central stage.

A conference isn't an action movie. It shows their offer, their products and they delivered well. Having seen it I feel completely informed about pretty much everything coming to Playstation. Something I feel MS failed to do.

wait, so microsoft do a conference last year wherein they explain the features their system will have, which is greatly linked to TV and sports (not our thing perhaps, but a huge market), and they get anally reamed for near a full year, so they come back the following year with GAMES GAMES GAMES - which we all demanded of them - and you still say they fail?  

I'm a sony guy as much as the rest of you, but that's plain old double standards.  



I got it all, baby! 

PS4, Switch, WiiU, XBO, PC
Vita, 3DS, Android

Top 3 this generation: 
Bloodborne, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Dark Souls III

Someone quote me at some point. Oh well.

Wow @ Runa's list of games post!



    The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

spurgeonryan said:
Someone quote me at some point. Oh well.

Wow @ Runa's list of games post!

Wrote it as the conference was happening.  wanted to do the same with the other conferences too but Work kept me from doing so.  Sony's was the only one I watched live. 



I got it all, baby! 

PS4, Switch, WiiU, XBO, PC
Vita, 3DS, Android

Top 3 this generation: 
Bloodborne, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Dark Souls III

Around the Network
Runa216 said:

wait, so microsoft do a conference last year wherein they explain the features their system will have, which is greatly linked to TV and sports (not our thing perhaps, but a huge market), and they get anally reamed for near a full year, so they come back the following year with GAMES GAMES GAMES - which we all demanded of them - and you still say they fail?  

I'm a sony guy as much as the rest of you, but that's plain old double standards.  


Nah. There are no double standards here. I am really interested in how they plan to "merge" a tv series and console game. The announced they want to do it with Halo and Quantum Break and I would like to see what they are up to. I'm not excited about it, but I'm interested if they can do it in an interesting way. For me MS needs to do something new, something extra if they want to take on Sony, cause they don't stand a chance in a fight with regular games vs. Sony's first party studios.

Of course it can't be their main focus, but they should have mentioned it (unless the idea is canned). Though on the other hand, they obviously shouldn't go into giving us some stupid numbers like Sony did at one point. Nobody cares about these numbers. The only number they could give is the number of consoles sold, say it's the fastest selling console ever and go on with games and services.



Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.