Quantcast
Eurogamer confirms: Mario Kart 8 is 1080p/60FPS (even in 2-player)

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Eurogamer confirms: Mario Kart 8 is 1080p/60FPS (even in 2-player)

walsufnir said:
pezus said:
walsufnir said:
KylieDog said:
1080p/60fps? Should hope so with that level of graphics.


What is wrong with the level of graphics? How should it be better for a Mario Kart game? It looks really impressive at some stages, you aren't limited in the far view, it runs solid and fluid, it has beautiful art direction.

One way it could be better is adding some AA, for example. 


How do you know that there isn't any present?

I see a lot of jaggies. And when I say "adding" I don't need to assume they have no AA, just that they could have more.



Around the Network
zero129 said:
HintHRO said:

It looks good artistically...but...not...technically :).... is what most Sony fanboys would say. I think this is a way better achievement than Driveclub 1080p/30fps. All racers are supposed to be 60fps and this game still looks gorgeous.

 

Moderated - Kresnik.

Why you got moderated for this i dont understand but yet other fans of other systems can say this was expected as the game is nothing too advanced etc etc yet they are the same fans saying the WiiU is not as a powerful as the PS3 and X360 and here we have another game in 1080P that would not be possible on the X360 or PS3 without major downgrads .

And to the people saying this game doesnt look good needs to get their eyes checked as it looks fucking great and even better that everything is running in 1080P@60FPS and i dont even own a WiiU yet and instead own a PS4 and still think this game looks great .

It's not confirmed to be at 1080p though. See this: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6281230



Kane1389 said:
walsufnir said:

They are not pushing graphics? First people laughed about WiiU even not capable to do PS360-graphics, now MK8 is shown which is in no way possible on PS360 and then people say they are not pushing graphics at all...

wat

There are 4-5 year old PS3 games that are more impressive than MK8. Realism will almost always beat cartoon


From the looks, not from the technical achievement. Older games looking better to you? Nice, thanks for your opinion. Technically? No.



Zero999 said:
painmaster212 said:
Zero999 said:

Already did but why would I need to? the discussion is graphics, wich only have to be seen. MK8 is much more graphically impressive than any ps360 game and that's not a discussion.

As big as a Mario Kart fan i am, there's no way you have played the best offerings of the PS3 and 360 to make a statement like that.  So your saying that it looks better then games like 

 

The Last of Us

Uncharted 2 or 3

Tomb Raider

Gears of War 3

Alan Wake

Halo 4

Beyond Two Souls

If you think those games look better than MK8, you are forced to say they look better than ps4 titles too or else it's hypocrisy.

Sorry, what? So you're basically saying MK8> or = PS4 titles?



Kane1389 said:
zero129 said:
Kane1389 said:

wat

There are 4-5 year old PS3 games that are more impressive than MK8. Realism will almost always beat cartoon

Are them games running in 1080P@60fps? hell the is nothing on 360 or ps3 that comes close to what MK8 is doing -_- .


Yes, because it takes a NASA supercomputer to run a graphical beast that is Mario Kart, with its cartooney textures, bad AA and incredibly simple geometry at 1080p/60fps.

GT5 and 6 are technically way more demaning games than Mario Kart (and yes they are both at 1080p/60fps while pushing realism), which is to be expected since one is a cartooney game and one is a racing sim, but there are actually people out there that think MK8 is technically more impressive...


There is a difference between 1280x1080 and 1920x1080 while both is 1080p... Not sure if MK8 is 1920x1080 but your points are off (cartoony textures is nothing bad or less technical demanding).



Around the Network
walsufnir said:
Kane1389 said:
walsufnir said:

They are not pushing graphics? First people laughed about WiiU even not capable to do PS360-graphics, now MK8 is shown which is in no way possible on PS360 and then people say they are not pushing graphics at all...

wat

There are 4-5 year old PS3 games that are more impressive than MK8. Realism will almost always beat cartoon


From the looks, not from the technical achievement. Older games looking better to you? Nice, thanks for your opinion. Technically? No.

How did you measure that?



DerNebel said:
F0X said:


Where are the 1080p @ 60fps games?

It's more than likely that the 1080p are a mistake on Eurogamers side.


Still no game in that list which is 60fps.



walsufnir said:
DerNebel said:
F0X said:


Where are the 1080p @ 60fps games?

It's more than likely that the 1080p are a mistake on Eurogamers side.


Still no game in that list which is 60fps.

But most of them look better technically so it equals out...



pezus said:
walsufnir said:
Kane1389 said:
walsufnir said:

They are not pushing graphics? First people laughed about WiiU even not capable to do PS360-graphics, now MK8 is shown which is in no way possible on PS360 and then people say they are not pushing graphics at all...

wat

There are 4-5 year old PS3 games that are more impressive than MK8. Realism will almost always beat cartoon


From the looks, not from the technical achievement. Older games looking better to you? Nice, thanks for your opinion. Technically? No.

How did you measure that?


There is nothing to measure, we all use our eyes. But as always, different people see different things. The game seems to keep a rock solid 60fps with a nice art style, a lot of stuff drawn on-screen, particle effects, long distance views with no apparent LOD (which means very good LOD), very lot animated stuff off the tracks and the frame-rate doesn't go down from videos. This *is* technically impressive and all at an hd-resolution (no matter if 720p and 1080p).

My point still stands: This game is not possible on PS360, especially as both are ram-limited in comparison to WiiU.



pezus said:
walsufnir said:
DerNebel said:
F0X said:


Where are the 1080p @ 60fps games?

It's more than likely that the 1080p are a mistake on Eurogamers side.


Still no game in that list which is 60fps.

But most of them look better technically so it equals out...


"Look technically better" Wat? Either it is better or not, judging by art-style is another thing. The games on that list aren't rendered in an hd-resolution, nor are they 60fps. And both facts get equaled out by "looking technically better"... Sorry, but no.