Quantcast
Global Hardware/US Software April 19th up!

Forums - Latest Charts - Global Hardware/US Software April 19th up!

I have seen that VGchartz fixed March in US. Prepare to do the same for this month...



Around the Network

Horrible week, 8th and 7th gen shouldn't be simultaneously so low, as the old gen fades away, the new one should take off a lot faster. Maybe it's because 7th gen lasted so long, that it has little juice left to keep total sales high waiting for new gen to reach a good baseline after the launch effect fades away. This could hurt the console market overall.
And for portables it's even worse, Sony botched PSV launch, while Ninty, despite having a better selling product, botched the transition to it from the previous gen in the same way it did it with Wii U, although luckily not in the same measure, and 3DS is selling a lot less than its true potential.
Luckily PC gaming is in one of its best selling periods ever, despite low PC HW sales, this should be enough to save the market for a while, hoping 8th gen can really take off meanwhile.



Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")

A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.

TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!

        

So when come the next sales ?



Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

 PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

 

what is wrong with the numbers PS4 on 7.2m and leading the way seems good to me

titanfall doing well 2m +overall



  

I smell like the dark forest of Dwemereth in the morning mist                                                   fanboy til i'm bankrupt

Still no numbers, weird, maybe they take their time to not make the same mistake



Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

 PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

 

Around the Network
Barenziah said:
what is wrong with the numbers PS4 on 7.2m and leading the way seems good to me

titanfall doing well 2m +overall


PS4 has actually the only right numbers, what's wrong is the overall market numbers, 7th gen dying too quickly before the majority of 8th gen be able to really take off. The most striking example  is Ninty, 3DS+DS is still a lot below DS alone, not only at its peak, but also during its comfortable and slow decline after the peak, but before 3DS announcement, and Wii U + Wii is doing even worse. PSV + PSP is dong awfully too. PS4 + PS3 is doing very good and XBOne + XB360 more than decently (also considering XB360 is older than PS3 and Wii), but they alone can't stop the overall market decline if 3DS, Wii U and PSV don't better a lot.
Luckily PC gaming SW is thriving despite low HW sales, otherwise the situation would further worsen, from worrying to desperate for gaming outside of phones and tablets, PC + consoles could end up losing many big multiplat production. But PC could actually jump ship because it doesn't rely on royalties and it can run an Android subsystem (console HW could too, but it would kill their business model), and this would further accelerate consoles decline.
So, even if PS4 goes wonderfully, being part of the console market and relying on big multiplat games too, it can't be tranquil.



Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")

A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.

TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!

        

Alby_da_Wolf said:
Barenziah said:
what is wrong with the numbers PS4 on 7.2m and leading the way seems good to me

titanfall doing well 2m +overall


PS4 has actually the only right numbers, what's wrong is the overall market numbers, 7th gen dying too quickly before the majority of 8th gen be able to really take off. The most striking example  is Ninty, 3DS+DS is still a lot below DS alone, not only at its peak, but also during its comfortable and slow decline after the peak, but before 3DS announcement, and Wii U + Wii is doing even worse. PSV + PSP is dong awfully too. PS4 + PS3 is doing very good and XBOne + XB360 more than decently (also considering XB360 is older than PS3 and Wii), but they alone can't stop the overall market decline if 3DS, Wii U and PSV don't better a lot.
Luckily PC gaming SW is thriving despite low HW sales, otherwise the situation would further worsen, from worrying to desperate for gaming outside of phones and tablets, PC + consoles could end up losing many big multiplat production. But PC could actually jump ship because it doesn't rely on royalties and it can run an Android subsystem (console HW could too, but it would kill their business model), and this would further accelerate consoles decline.
So, even if PS4 goes wonderfully, being part of the console market and relying on big multiplat games too, it can't be tranquil.

well yes Gen 7 was mighty and the DS was a monster,tablets & phones will obliterate the casual market,console gaming may be on the downslide but there has always been a gaming market and it isn't going anywhere just yet



  

I smell like the dark forest of Dwemereth in the morning mist                                                   fanboy til i'm bankrupt

Barenziah said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:
Barenziah said:
what is wrong with the numbers PS4 on 7.2m and leading the way seems good to me

titanfall doing well 2m +overall


PS4 has actually the only right numbers, what's wrong is the overall market numbers, 7th gen dying too quickly before the majority of 8th gen be able to really take off.

[...]

 

well yes Gen 7 was mighty and the DS was a monster,tablets & phones will obliterate the casual market,console gaming may be on the downslide but there has always been a gaming market and it isn't going anywhere just yet

I hope your optimism be well placed, but just to play safe Ninty and Sony should do their best for 3DS, Wii U and PSV too!
And if Ouya isn't enough, let's just hope other alternative consoles take as many Android users as possible to the right side of gaming (although about this we can be sure that many gamers use both consoles and/or PC and smartphones and tablets, so they can tell what dedicated platforms bring to gaming that tablets and phones cannot).



Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")

A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.

TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!

        

Alby_da_Wolf said:
Barenziah said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:
Barenziah said:
what is wrong with the numbers PS4 on 7.2m and leading the way seems good to me

titanfall doing well 2m +overall


PS4 has actually the only right numbers, what's wrong is the overall market numbers, 7th gen dying too quickly before the majority of 8th gen be able to really take off.

[...]

 

well yes Gen 7 was mighty and the DS was a monster,tablets & phones will obliterate the casual market,console gaming may be on the downslide but there has always been a gaming market and it isn't going anywhere just yet

I hope your optimism be well placed, but just to play safe Ninty and Sony should do their best for 3DS, Wii U and PSV too!
And if Ouya isn't enough, let's just hope other alternative consoles take as many Android users as possible to the right side of gaming (although about this we can be sure that many gamers use both consoles and/or PC and smartphones and tablets, so they can tell what dedicated platforms bring to gaming that tablets and phones cannot).


it is hard not to imagine that tablets will take over from consoles in most ways even smart TV's in a few years

i guess console gaming will be for teh big open world/racers online/co-op/multiplayer type experiences back to a  niche console market that needs a bit of power 



  

I smell like the dark forest of Dwemereth in the morning mist                                                   fanboy til i'm bankrupt

Next week (26th April) numbers are available to view on the Comparison Graph.