Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What if the Wii U was never called "Wii U"?

Would it sell better?

Absolutely
Not too much
Nope

What if Nintendo decided to choose a different name for their console (Wii U)? Would it be able to sell more than it is right now? To the gaming masses, the name it's self acts like a repelant to many potential buyers and confuses the ever shrinking casual console buyers. What do you think? Could a simple name change turn the tides from the Wii U being "d0omed"? A name like The U, Nintendo Ultra, or maybe acronyms like NU, NWU, or simply U be a good marketing change?



TheLegendaryWolf

Currently Awaiting: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Splatoon 2, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Super Mario Odyssey, Fire Emblem Warriors and Nintendo Switch

Around the Network
Super Wii or Wii 2 would have had better awareness, the concept, games and system is still the same tho.

I kinda feel there was a window for a different name to change the future of WiiU, but that has well and truly passed.

 

It depends on what name they would have given it. I would have liked "Nintendo U" with a red theme instead of blue.

It would have sold a shit ton more unless its something even more retarded like Wii One



             

                               Anime: Haruhi                                                                                      Anime: Love Live
                              Nsfw Anime Thread                                                                             Join our Anime Threads!
                             Sfw Anime Thread                                                                                VGC Tutorial Thread

Nintentacle said:
It depends on what name they would have given it. I would have liked "Nintendo U" with a red theme instead of blue.


Whats wrong with the blue theme?



TheLegendaryWolf

Currently Awaiting: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Splatoon 2, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Super Mario Odyssey, Fire Emblem Warriors and Nintendo Switch

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

It would have sold a shit ton more unless its something even more retarded like Wii One

Or... One Wii!



TheLegendaryWolf said:
Nintentacle said:
It depends on what name they would have given it. I would have liked "Nintendo U" with a red theme instead of blue.


Whats wrong with the blue theme?

Nothing, I just think red would have looked cooler.



Nintentacle said:
TheLegendaryWolf said:
Nintentacle said:
It depends on what name they would have given it. I would have liked "Nintendo U" with a red theme instead of blue.


Whats wrong with the blue theme?

Nothing, I just think red would have looked cooler.

Nowhere near as consumer friendly, very aggressive colour. Just as well you're not in charge!



 

Nintentacle said:
TheLegendaryWolf said:
Nintentacle said:
It depends on what name they would have given it. I would have liked "Nintendo U" with a red theme instead of blue.


Whats wrong with the blue theme?

Nothing, I just think red would have looked cooler.

Hey, maybe next console cycle?



TheLegendaryWolf

Currently Awaiting: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Splatoon 2, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Super Mario Odyssey, Fire Emblem Warriors and Nintendo Switch

Around the Network
What if Wii never existed and Iwata wake up without legs?