Quantcast
Miguel Cabrera and the Tigers agree on a new 10 year deal worth 292MIL

Forums - Sports Discussion - Miguel Cabrera and the Tigers agree on a new 10 year deal worth 292MIL

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2008632-miguel-cabrera-and-tigers-agree-on-7-year-contract-extension-latest-updates

 

That's a lot of video games ...............



Around the Network

300 million for a baseball player?



    The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

What's even more astonishing is that they're people out there that can afford this

#broke4life



I'm surprised another 10 year deal happened. You'd think some of these owners and teams would learn. Cabrera is 30 years old and he'll be 40 when his contract ends. He should have gotten something like a 6, maybe 8, year deal at max. Trout is probably the only player in the MLB that deserves a 10 year contract.



Well, people pay 60 bucks to their pay tv so that they can see one fight of a boxer. No wonder there is so much money in sports if the fans are that crazy. Not that it is a problem for some but there are enough who don't have enough money for their family but to see sports for hundreds of bucks^^



Around the Network

They'll probably try to ship his ass out in a few years, a la Prince Fielder.



noname2200 said:
They'll probably try to ship his ass out in a few years, a la Prince Fielder.

Miguel is a much better player than Fielder though....



outlawauron said:
noname2200 said:
They'll probably try to ship his ass out in a few years, a la Prince Fielder.

Miguel is a much better player than Fielder though....

True, but he's getting older and is not exactly in great shape. I can see him being worth the money for the next 4-5 years, but 7? Let alone 10? I'm just not seeing it.



TheGoldenBoy said:

I'm surprised another 10 year deal happened. You'd think some of these owners and teams would learn. Cabrera is 30 years old and he'll be 40 when his contract ends. He should have gotten something like a 6, maybe 8, year deal at max. Trout is probably the only player in the MLB that deserves a 10 year contract.


I cant even start thinking about how much Trout will get in the open market. 35-40MIL a year is not out of the question. The dude is only 22 and already the best in the game. 



manny10032 said:
TheGoldenBoy said:

I'm surprised another 10 year deal happened. You'd think some of these owners and teams would learn. Cabrera is 30 years old and he'll be 40 when his contract ends. He should have gotten something like a 6, maybe 8, year deal at max. Trout is probably the only player in the MLB that deserves a 10 year contract.

I cant even start thinking about how much Trout will get in the open market. 35-40MIL a year is not out of the question. The dude is only 22 and already the best in the game. 

I think his contract ends next year. It'll be interesting to see how much the Angels pay him and if it sets the MLB record.