Quantcast
Digital Foundry: Next-Gen Face-Off: Thief

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Digital Foundry: Next-Gen Face-Off: Thief

Normchacho said:
Justagamer said:
Aerys said:
Justagamer said:
Aerys said:
Justagamer said:
Too_Talls said:

 

 

 



Not every situation is the same,you're too manichean and childish in your logic, instead of whining about sony fans , you should attack their legitimate arguments (if you can).

 

 

Facts are :

 

- X1 has a better texture filtering

- PS4 version has a better resolution so less aliasing

- PS4 version has a better framerate

- PS4 version  has pom


Facts are: you're acting like a defensive child. Stop. 

Fact: DF didn't say what you wanted to hear, so you call me a child every time you respond, when it is in fact you acting like a childish fan. Get over yourself. And trying to use big words won't hide how childish and defensive you are being. Fact.

fact: DF came to a conclusion. You didn't like it. That's why you keep coming at me, like a child would..... 

Ultimately, although it's an analisys, it's also an opinion, one you obviously are finding very difficult to accept.

So, you were saying?

You're really going to sit here and call him a child while attacking him instead of taking part in the debate and actually talking  about the points he brought up? You sir are the child.


The only point brought up is that he, and a few others here, can't accept what they came up with. My point is: GET OVER IT! See? Very simple really. And when he calls me a child, it's not attacking, I use it against him the same way, and that attacking? Please.... The ones upset over this are the childish ones. If that upsets you, well, I can live with that. DF themselves said what he highlights. So what's the points he made? They say the resolution on ps4 is higher, the frame rate is slightly better. But in their OPiNION, probably due to using ancient tri-linear filtering, the x1 version, in their OPINION, looks superior. I can accept opinions, if that's childish, then what's that make you and he? In that case, I'm completely ok with being childish, considering the other option.....



Around the Network
Normchacho said:
Justagamer said:
Normchacho said:
GribbleGrunger said:
Very odd conclusion:


I just saw this in the video, what the hell is that?


Well, if you pause this right when it pops out, you'll notice it looks exactly like the ps4 version. Which means the x1 version is actually using enhanced shadows up close compared to the ps4, at least judging by this small clip. Look at it, it's there for anyone who wants to see it.


what? Ooook I guess...I wouldn't really call them enchanced just because it's darker...but you do what you've gotta do.


It's just that it seems like lod management. Usually that means if it taking something away it's because it's less graphically intensive. But, like lucidium said though, it's probably just loading up the graphics still at that point. I don't know. Just an observation. Look I don't have an x1, don't plan on getting one until it's cheap and they drop that pos kinect. I have a ps4, I'm being completely neutral here. I'm not just going to jump up and proclaim ps4 every time. I saw a clip, with zero context, and made a judgement. No biggy. People are way too emotionally invested in this whole thing..... Just accept their opinion, because that's what it is at the end of the day, and move on... I personally like the lens of truth analysis more myself, but I find DF interesting all the same....



You guys who are so upset by the DF analysis, you should make your own analysis video, so you can accept that one.... And finally move on.



Who cares it's thief lol, Some games are going to look better on X1 and some are going to look better on PS4. As long as FF15 and KH3 look better on PS4 (which they will) then that's all I care about.



Justagamer said:
Aerys said:
Justagamer said:
Aerys said:
Justagamer said:
Too_Talls said:

DF gave the nod to the bone? noo00 they are fanboys, throw out everything they ever said including all the favorable ps4 comparisons.

Some are sure picky with what they choose to support.


Exactly. If they can't be trusted here, then don't use their word for anything. Well said too talls.

Or both of you could see that from a less childish way, they just made a mistake ( not like if it was their first), because of rushed  comparison about a game nobody care.

Point is, Sony fans would have used this as a point of gloating. What's more childish? Gloating when it suits your needs, or crying foul when it does not? You can't have both! If they're trustworthy one way, then don't claim them to be untrustworthy the other. Simple, not childish. 

Not every situation is the same,you're too manichean and childish in your logic, instead of whining about sony fans , you should attack their legitimate arguments (if you can).

 

 

Facts are :

 

- X1 has a better texture filtering

- PS4 version has a better resolution so less aliasing

- PS4 version has a better framerate

- PS4 version  has pom


Facts are: you're acting like a defensive child. Stop. 

Fact: DF didn't say what you wanted to hear, so you call me a child every time you respond, when it is in fact you acting like a childish fan. Get over yourself. And trying to use big words won't hide how childish and defensive you are being. Fact.

fact: DF came to a conclusion. You didn't like it. That's why you keep coming at me, like a child would..... 

Ultimately, although it's an analisys, it's also an opinion, one you obviously are finding very difficult to accept.

So, you were saying?

Thank you to show i'm right. ( and lol if  "manichean " is a big word for you, sorry to hear that, i'll try to use easier words. )

You're just throwing personal attacks against everyone bringing good arguments because you're not able to do the same ( me, i had some arguments at least, even if you didnt deserve more than what you bring since your first post on this thread), we can easily see you're just upset against sony fans  , so you should follow your own advice and stop acting like a child and bring real argument on the subject instead of settle your accounts here with sony fans, or just stop talking if you cant do that, it would be better for everyone, you're bringing nothing good to this thread except your hate and irrelevant talk.




Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

 PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

 

Around the Network
Justagamer said:
You guys who are so upset by the DF analysis, you should make your own analysis video, so you can accept that one.... And finally move on.

You can never criticize a game without being a game developer yourself. Don't say anything bad about a movie unless you're a film maker. 



Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Aerys said:
Justagamer said:
Aerys said:
Justagamer said:
Aerys said:
Justagamer said:
Too_Talls said:

DF gave the nod to the bone? noo00 they are fanboys, throw out everything they ever said including all the favorable ps4 comparisons.

Some are sure picky with what they choose to support.


Exactly. If they can't be trusted here, then don't use their word for anything. Well said too talls.

Or both of you could see that from a less childish way, they just made a mistake ( not like if it was their first), because of rushed  comparison about a game nobody care.

Point is, Sony fans would have used this as a point of gloating. What's more childish? Gloating when it suits your needs, or crying foul when it does not? You can't have both! If they're trustworthy one way, then don't claim them to be untrustworthy the other. Simple, not childish. 

Not every situation is the same,you're too manichean and childish in your logic, instead of whining about sony fans , you should attack their legitimate arguments (if you can).

 

 

Facts are :

 

- X1 has a better texture filtering

- PS4 version has a better resolution so less aliasing

- PS4 version has a better framerate

- PS4 version  has pom


Facts are: you're acting like a defensive child. Stop. 

Fact: DF didn't say what you wanted to hear, so you call me a child every time you respond, when it is in fact you acting like a childish fan. Get over yourself. And trying to use big words won't hide how childish and defensive you are being. Fact.

fact: DF came to a conclusion. You didn't like it. That's why you keep coming at me, like a child would..... 

Ultimately, although it's an analisys, it's also an opinion, one you obviously are finding very difficult to accept.

So, you were saying?

Thank you to show i'm right about you.

I'm the only one bringing facts and arguments here while you're just throwing personal attacks against everyone bringing good arguments because you're not able to to the same , so you should take your own advice and stop acting like a child and bring real argument on the subject or just stop talking.

 

PS : and lol if  "manichean " is a big word for you, sorry to hear that, i'll try to use easier words.


The only fact is that you cannot accept their conclusion. Sorry. All of your facts mean nothing, this entire thread is about what DF said, not you. Their opinion is the x1 over ps4, that's the only fact here. And yes, please use smaller words, it's too hard for me to understand! Thanks! Now, if you can just learn to accept DF's opinion, your blood pressure might drop a bit. Here's another idea for you, make your own analysis, so that you can state YOUR opinion as fact.... Because your opinion is fact, right? 



First of all it's Thief. Thief...

Second- Both versions are pretty bad



Justagamer said:
Normchacho said:
Justagamer said:
Aerys said:
Justagamer said:
Aerys said:
Justagamer said:




You're really going to sit here and call him a child while attacking him instead of taking part in the debate and actually talking  about the points he brought up? You sir are the child.


The only point brought up is that he, and a few others here, can't accept what they came up with. My point is: GET OVER IT! See? Very simple really. And when he calls me a child, it's not attacking, I use it against him the same way, and that attacking? Please.... The ones upset over this are the childish ones. If that upsets you, well, I can live with that. DF themselves said what he highlights. So what's the points he made? They say the resolution on ps4 is higher, the frame rate is slightly better. But in their OPiNION, probably due to using ancient tri-linear filtering, the x1 version, in their OPINION, looks superior. I can accept opinions, if that's childish, then what's that make you and he? In that case, I'm completely ok with being childish, considering the other option.....

That's not true at all. It's not that they don't accept Digital Foundrys conclusion because they like the PS4. They don't accept it because there are some notable innacuracies/ omnisions from there analasys. Mainly people have an issue with them talking about the texture pop in (the banner gif) even slowing it down in the gif to make it more noticable but then didn't mention anything about the lighting pop in on the Xbox One version that happens just moments after. They also talk about the Xbox One version having POM which it clearly doesn't have.

If the results were cut and dry and they came to the same conclusion it wouldn't be a big deal. It's just a crappy game that nobody wants that runs crappy on both consoles. The issue is that DF seem to have gotten this one wrong. They've done it before, and I'm sure they'll do it again. It happens.

Edit: You're right, it wasn't any better for him (or even me really) to call you a child.



Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Fusioncode said:
Justagamer said:
You guys who are so upset by the DF analysis, you should make your own analysis video, so you can accept that one.... And finally move on.

You can never criticize a game without being a game developer yourself. Don't say anything bad about a movie unless you're a film maker. 


This isn't about criticizing a game here, so what are you even talking about? This is a criticism of the digitalfoundry analysis, remember? I'm just saying instead of being upset and chastising DF for an opinion, just accept it it for what it is! It's an opinion, that's all. So I don't know what you're going on about, but whatever, carry on!