Quantcast
Official Price Cut announced for XBOX ONE in the UK 399.99

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Official Price Cut announced for XBOX ONE in the UK 399.99

Sardauk said:
Blah blah blah gpu, blah blah blah desperate moves....

I'm in with this bundle !!


See. LOL. This move will work. It will sell Xbox Ones. Lots of people are jumping at this.



Around the Network
selnor1983 said:


The GPU in BF4, Ghosts, Tomb Raider etc isnt down to GPU. The reason is a the developers have told you. The SDK being behind and specifically the ESRAM size. This month We have new SDK that allows developers to cleverly tile the information, COMFORTABLY allowing the developers to do 1080p native. Now in the future as devs use more effects, PS4 will probably have more effects. But it wont be any more noticeable than the difference between PS2 and Xbox games.

The ESRAM is small, but fast. And the new Tiling technique will allow it to have much more relevant data than before. My guess is it was meant for launch games but thats what the developers say MS were behind.


The devs never said any such thing, also you cannot expect devs to come out and say, hey we are selling our game on X1 but the gpu is weak..

 

Every game comes  down to the GPU the x1 gpu will struggle even more to push 1080p which IS very GPU dependant., It is obviosu you know little about the heardware. This will get worse as next gen engines get more demanding.



selnor1983 said:
Sardauk said:
Blah blah blah gpu, blah blah blah desperate moves....

I'm in with this bundle !!


See. LOL. This move will work. It will sell Xbox Ones. Lots of people are jumping at this.


It will sell a few, but not near the extent you think, and it will still get outsold weekly by ther ps4.



Price cut on in the UK..... OK, wake up and smell the coffee folks. If MS did a world wide Price cut, it may not work, .... SO they r using UK as a test market. If it works, u will see it everywhere, they will be able to sell the potential losses on each console to the MS Brass and work on install base for the future.

If it fails and Sony contiues it UK dominance, then nothing ventured, nothing gained.



FlamingWeazel said:
selnor1983 said:
Sardauk said:
Blah blah blah gpu, blah blah blah desperate moves....

I'm in with this bundle !!


See. LOL. This move will work. It will sell Xbox Ones. Lots of people are jumping at this.


It will sell a few, but not near the extent you think, and it will still get outsold weekly by ther ps4.

Who caaaares ? We will be playing Titanfall ! You guys enjoy Cod Ghost....whatever... 



 

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

Around the Network
Sardauk said:
FlamingWeazel said:
selnor1983 said:
Sardauk said:
Blah blah blah gpu, blah blah blah desperate moves....

I'm in with this bundle !!


See. LOL. This move will work. It will sell Xbox Ones. Lots of people are jumping at this.


It will sell a few, but not near the extent you think, and it will still get outsold weekly by ther ps4.

Who caaaares ? We will be playing Titanfall ! You guys enjoy Cod Ghost....whatever... 

Yes because COD is the only game on and coming to ps4 right? Who cares? You know this is a sales site right?



Cutting the price this early smacks of desperation. They have tonnes of unsold consoles in all the territories with very little demand and while cutting the price might help I can't see it correcting the issue. Sony won't need to cut the price for a while due to the backlog of orders for the console.

is this the last role of the dice for msft and the xboxone? In my opinion they would be better of ditching this console - come back in a couple of years out of cycle and release a new one.



FlamingWeazel said:
Sardauk said:

Who caaaares ? We will be playing Titanfall ! You guys enjoy Cod Ghost....whatever... 

Yes because COD is the only game on and coming to ps4 right? Who cares? You know this is a sales site right?

Well as was told to me by many-a-PS3 fan: You can't play sales. :P

Sales are great but games are better.



___________

Carl2291 said:
sales2099 said:

Again....the entirety of 2006 is a freebie cause PS3/Wii weren't out. So really its August compared to March, 5 month difference.

Come to think of it, this isn't even a global price cut, just a regional one.

Sure I would feel annoyed. But I played the beta and those others have to wait another few weeks. Time is money and I spent my time with a X1 while they didn't and get to save money as a result.


The 360 was on the market and competing primarily with the PS2, NDS and PSP. It had competition on the market, it just had more competition when Wii/PS3 launched. Its similar to the 3DS pricecut from before when the Vita launched.

The difference is, Nintendo offered something to disgruntled 3DS early adopters. Im curious to see if Microsoft offer something to people in the same way.

Like MS (and us fans) cared about 360 competing against last gen hardware and handhelds.

This is a region specific, limited-time offer. Not a global price cut. When the bundle is done being made, all that is left is the launch price X1's.



___________

sales2099 said:
FlamingWeazel said:
Sardauk said:
 

Who caaaares ? We will be playing Titanfall ! You guys enjoy Cod Ghost....whatever... 

Yes because COD is the only game on and coming to ps4 right? Who cares? You know this is a sales site right?

Well as was told to me by many-a-PS3 fan: You can't play sales. :P

Sales are great but games are better.

Relevant how? Many ps3 fans does not equal every ps fan on the planet.  Playstation has games, sony's first party and a more steady stream of content since launch over x1, see Outlast, Daylight, contrast, on top of AAA games like infamous, The show. MS has titanfall then nothing until fall.