Quantcast
Official Price Cut announced for XBOX ONE in the UK 399.99

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Official Price Cut announced for XBOX ONE in the UK 399.99

FlamingWeazel said:
selnor1983 said:

Theres going to be so many people backtracking when PS4 isnt killing in visuals from xmas 2014 onwards. Hell apart from some res stuff, its arguably Ryse thats the best looking game till Infamous 2nd son drops.

Again, Ill listen to the developers of the last 6 months thanks.


Still waiting for an explanation how a 40% weaker gpu can be offset by a SDK. Also, please explain why Sony SDK cannot improve as well?? That's what I thought.

As I said. Im referring to why current titles are not 1080p on Xbox One. Its due to poor SDK for proper implementation to ESRAM. Nothing to do with the GPU. And yes Sony will improve  their SDK. But that doesnt stray from the fact MS were behind, especially on using the ESRAM effectively. Every developer has statted the downed res was due to 32 mb ESRAM. The new Tiling technique in the updated SDK has solved this. This was never about GPU.



Around the Network
selnor1983 said:
FlamingWeazel said:
selnor1983 said:

Theres going to be so many people backtracking when PS4 isnt killing in visuals from xmas 2014 onwards. Hell apart from some res stuff, its arguably Ryse thats the best looking game till Infamous 2nd son drops.

Again, Ill listen to the developers of the last 6 months thanks.


Still waiting for an explanation how a 40% weaker gpu can be offset by a SDK. Also, please explain why Sony SDK cannot improve as well?? That's what I thought.

As I said. Im referring to why current titles are not 1080p on Xbox One. Its due to poor SDK for proper implementation to ESRAM. Nothing to do with the GPU. And yes Sony will improve  their SDK. But that doesnt stray from the fact MS were behind, especially on using the ESRAM effectively. Every developer has statted the downed res was due to 32 mb ESRAM. The new Tiling technique in the updated SDK has solved this. This was never about GPU.

The gpu is the single most important processor for graphics in a  system, it has everything to do with it. Saying gpu has nothing to do with it is dilusion. Even if more x1 titles hit 1080p they will have less effects, lower performance, less AA etc... PArity is a myth, it is impossible when one system has 40% more gpu power to push pixlls and shaders.



The spin in this thread is making me dizzy.

This is a desperate move by a company who after making mistake after mistake, are trying to remain relevant in what was once their second strongest market.

No spin can deny these facts.



 

 

        Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

The best quote I've seen this year:

Angelus said: I'm a moron

FlamingWeazel said:
selnor1983 said:
FlamingWeazel said:
selnor1983 said:

Theres going to be so many people backtracking when PS4 isnt killing in visuals from xmas 2014 onwards. Hell apart from some res stuff, its arguably Ryse thats the best looking game till Infamous 2nd son drops.

Again, Ill listen to the developers of the last 6 months thanks.


Still waiting for an explanation how a 40% weaker gpu can be offset by a SDK. Also, please explain why Sony SDK cannot improve as well?? That's what I thought.

As I said. Im referring to why current titles are not 1080p on Xbox One. Its due to poor SDK for proper implementation to ESRAM. Nothing to do with the GPU. And yes Sony will improve  their SDK. But that doesnt stray from the fact MS were behind, especially on using the ESRAM effectively. Every developer has statted the downed res was due to 32 mb ESRAM. The new Tiling technique in the updated SDK has solved this. This was never about GPU.

The gpu is the single most important processor for graphics in a  system, it has everything to do with it. Saying gpu has nothing to do with it is dilusion. Even if more x1 titles hit 1080p they will have less effects, lower performance, less AA etc... PArity is a myth, it is impossible when one system has 40% more gpu power to push pixlls and shaders.

And I didnt say it wouldnt. I am saying why current games arent in 1080p. There probably will be less effects, but it wont be that obvious. It was a memory issue as to why titles on Xbox One werent currently 1080p. That issue is now no more.



sales2099 said:

Again....the entirety of 2006 is a freebie cause PS3/Wii weren't out. So really its August compared to March, 5 month difference.

Come to think of it, this isn't even a global price cut, just a regional one.

Sure I would feel annoyed. But I played the beta and those others have to wait another few weeks. Time is money and I spent my time with a X1 while they didn't and get to save money as a result.


The 360 was on the market and competing primarily with the PS2, NDS and PSP. It had competition on the market, it just had more competition when Wii/PS3 launched. Its similar to the 3DS pricecut from before when the Vita launched.

The difference is, Nintendo offered something to disgruntled 3DS early adopters. Im curious to see if Microsoft offer something to people in the same way.



Around the Network
selnor1983 said:
FlamingWeazel said:
selnor1983 said:
FlamingWeazel said:
selnor1983 said:

Theres going to be so many people backtracking when PS4 isnt killing in visuals from xmas 2014 onwards. Hell apart from some res stuff, its arguably Ryse thats the best looking game till Infamous 2nd son drops.

Again, Ill listen to the developers of the last 6 months thanks.


Still waiting for an explanation how a 40% weaker gpu can be offset by a SDK. Also, please explain why Sony SDK cannot improve as well?? That's what I thought.

As I said. Im referring to why current titles are not 1080p on Xbox One. Its due to poor SDK for proper implementation to ESRAM. Nothing to do with the GPU. And yes Sony will improve  their SDK. But that doesnt stray from the fact MS were behind, especially on using the ESRAM effectively. Every developer has statted the downed res was due to 32 mb ESRAM. The new Tiling technique in the updated SDK has solved this. This was never about GPU.

The gpu is the single most important processor for graphics in a  system, it has everything to do with it. Saying gpu has nothing to do with it is dilusion. Even if more x1 titles hit 1080p they will have less effects, lower performance, less AA etc... PArity is a myth, it is impossible when one system has 40% more gpu power to push pixlls and shaders.

And I didnt say it wouldnt. I am saying why current games arent in 1080p. There probably will be less effects, but it wont be that obvious. It was a memory issue as to why titles on Xbox One werent currently 1080p. That issue is now no more.

No it isn't the gpu is a bigger issue and esram is too cumbersome and small.



Wow... i guess they are willing to take losses or is this a local thing to make sure they have one more market aside from the US? Either way seems like an experiment.

 

I'm guessing those early adopters are burning about now.



wick said:
The spin in this thread is making me dizzy.

This is a desperate move by a company who after making mistake after mistake, are trying to remain relevant in what was once their second strongest market.

No spin can deny these facts.


I dont think anybody is trying to deny this.



FlamingWeazel said:
selnor1983 said:
FlamingWeazel said:
selnor1983 said:
FlamingWeazel said:
selnor1983 said:

Theres going to be so many people backtracking when PS4 isnt killing in visuals from xmas 2014 onwards. Hell apart from some res stuff, its arguably Ryse thats the best looking game till Infamous 2nd son drops.

Again, Ill listen to the developers of the last 6 months thanks.


Still waiting for an explanation how a 40% weaker gpu can be offset by a SDK. Also, please explain why Sony SDK cannot improve as well?? That's what I thought.

As I said. Im referring to why current titles are not 1080p on Xbox One. Its due to poor SDK for proper implementation to ESRAM. Nothing to do with the GPU. And yes Sony will improve  their SDK. But that doesnt stray from the fact MS were behind, especially on using the ESRAM effectively. Every developer has statted the downed res was due to 32 mb ESRAM. The new Tiling technique in the updated SDK has solved this. This was never about GPU.

The gpu is the single most important processor for graphics in a  system, it has everything to do with it. Saying gpu has nothing to do with it is dilusion. Even if more x1 titles hit 1080p they will have less effects, lower performance, less AA etc... PArity is a myth, it is impossible when one system has 40% more gpu power to push pixlls and shaders.

And I didnt say it wouldnt. I am saying why current games arent in 1080p. There probably will be less effects, but it wont be that obvious. It was a memory issue as to why titles on Xbox One werent currently 1080p. That issue is now no more.

No it isn't the gpu is a bigger issue and esram is too cumbersome and small.


The GPU in BF4, Ghosts, Tomb Raider etc isnt down to GPU. The reason is a the developers have told you. The SDK being behind and specifically the ESRAM size. This month We have new SDK that allows developers to cleverly tile the information, COMFORTABLY allowing the developers to do 1080p native. Now in the future as devs use more effects, PS4 will probably have more effects. But it wont be any more noticeable than the difference between PS2 and Xbox games.

The ESRAM is small, but fast. And the new Tiling technique will allow it to have much more relevant data than before. My guess is it was meant for launch games but thats what the developers say MS were behind.



Blah blah blah gpu, blah blah blah desperate moves....

I'm in with this bundle !!

Sorry for the day one buyers/fans: I never understand why people are willing to pay more for a console with a very limited games catalogue.



 

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.