Quantcast
Final Fantasy X Soundtrack: Original vs Remaster. Which one do you prefer?

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy X Soundtrack: Original vs Remaster. Which one do you prefer?

Tagged games:

Which version do you prefer?

Original. Never mess with the classic!! 11 50.00%
 
Remastered. Get with the times!! 3 13.64%
 
Both are awesome. Go Square! 7 31.82%
 
Both suck. 1 4.55%
 
Total:22

So yesterday, I was doing some homework, and decided to put on the FFX remastered soundtrack to get myself a little hyped for the HD release. 

There were only a few tracks where I thought it sounded better than the original like Tidus' theme for example. It sounds more soothing especially without the harmonica section.

Original:

Remaster:

However, there were also a few tracks in which I greatly preferred the original; I liked the other sound instead of the violin.

Original:

Remaster:

Overall, I thought they did a great job with it, and there really wasn't any track where I thought they completely ruined it. They didn't stray too far from the original unlike the Persona remake which completely ruined its atmosphere. If I have to choose one, I'll definitely go with the remastered.

What are your thoughts on the remastered soundtrack?



Around the Network

I'm not going to get the game until I get a confirmation that even the original soundtrack is in the game... So I can't really comment that much. However, judging by the tracks I've heard, I prefer the original by far. The remastered soundtrack sounds way too busy and doesn't have a clear identity like the original did. Maybe I'm wrong and the rest of the tracks sound better but this is just my impression.

So, is the original soundtrack in the game or is the remastered one the only one?



Not gonna hear a second of the remastered tracks before I hear them in the actual games.

None of you should ruin the surprise for yourselves, either.



Zkuq said:
I'm not going to get the game until I get a confirmation that even the original soundtrack is in the game... So I can't really comment that much. However, judging by the tracks I've heard, I prefer the original by far. The remastered soundtrack sounds way too busy and doesn't have a clear identity like the original did. Maybe I'm wrong and the rest of the tracks sound better but this is just my impression.

So, is the original soundtrack in the game or is the remastered one the only one?

Only the remastered one from what I've heard. Atlus did the same thing with the Persona 1 remake, but they gave us an option between the original & new soundtrack for Persona 2. Hopefully Square follows suit with XII.



Mirson said:
Zkuq said:
I'm not going to get the game until I get a confirmation that even the original soundtrack is in the game... So I can't really comment that much. However, judging by the tracks I've heard, I prefer the original by far. The remastered soundtrack sounds way too busy and doesn't have a clear identity like the original did. Maybe I'm wrong and the rest of the tracks sound better but this is just my impression.

So, is the original soundtrack in the game or is the remastered one the only one?

Only the remastered one from what I've heard. Atlus did the same thing with the Persona 1 remake, but they gave us an option between the original & new soundtrack for Persona 2. Hopefully Square follows suit with XII.

That's too bad... For varying reasons, I've always got near the end in FFX but never finished it and I'd really like to finish it in something that's as close to the original form as possible, and I think the original soundtrack was a huge part in that. The new one just doesn't seem to impress me. If I could have the choice between old and new, I'd probably play with new too but only after playing it with the original. As it is, doesn't seem like I'm getting the HD version though. A shame, considering I have practically no way of playing the game right now even though I'd really like to. :/

And really, they screwed up the battle theme which ought to be by far the most common track in the game. For that erason, that alone would make me seriously reconsider getting the game, even if they left everything else unchanged or managed to improve even. I just listened to some of the other tracks and not all the new tracks are bad; I still prefer the originals though. I don't really hear improvements either so I'm guessing they went to fix things that weren't broken in the first place just for the sake of fixing and doing something new.



Around the Network

Original.

I've heard some samples of the remake and not a big fan but I think there may be some tracks that I havent heard that may sound better than the originals.



    

Basil's YouTube Channel


                    

Zkuq said:
Mirson said:

Only the remastered one from what I've heard. Atlus did the same thing with the Persona 1 remake, but they gave us an option between the original & new soundtrack for Persona 2. Hopefully Square follows suit with XII.

That's too bad... For varying reasons, I've always got near the end in FFX but never finished it and I'd really like to finish it in something that's as close to the original form as possible, and I think the original soundtrack was a huge part in that. The new one just doesn't seem to impress me. If I could have the choice between old and new, I'd probably play with new too but only after playing it with the original. As it is, doesn't seem like I'm getting the HD version though. A shame, considering I have practically no way of playing the game right now even though I'd really like to. :/

And really, they screwed up the battle theme which ought to be by far the most common track in the game. For that erason, that alone would make me seriously reconsider getting the game, even if they left everything else unchanged or managed to improve even. I just listened to some of the other tracks and not all the new tracks are bad; I still prefer the originals though. I don't really hear improvements either so I'm guessing they went to fix things that weren't broken in the first place just for the sake of fixing and doing something new.

I'm not a fan of the guitar additions on the battle theme, but I'm also not a fan of the original battle theme as its kind of bland. It's funny because I always thought the original theme needed more stuff added, but after hearing the remaster, it just sounds too much going on. I'll get accustomed to the new battle theme.

You should get the game though; the ending alone is worth it.



Mirson said:

I'm not a fan of the guitar additions on the battle theme, but I'm also not a fan of the original battle theme as its kind of bland. It's funny because I always thought the original theme needed more stuff added, but after hearing the remaster, it just sounds too much going on. I'll get accustomed to the new battle theme.

You should get the game though; the ending alone is worth it.

I didn't like the original too much either but at least it wasn't annoying... I think the new one is. But yeah, I might just end up getting the game anyway but definitely not new. I'll have to wait and see how things are going to turn out in my local eBay-like online thingy.



I won't know until I hear "To Zanarkand".

It is the song I remember most.



I won't spoil it for myself though as I intend to play this game again. I loved Blitzball.



iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

    

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Sounds like they just used a different synthesizer but left the notes intact. Shouldn't be a problem.