Quantcast
Capcom registered a new trademark for Devil May Cry... are you scared?

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Capcom registered a new trademark for Devil May Cry... are you scared?

..

OMG!! I believe in Capcom! 17 18.48%
 
... XB1/PS4 baby! 15 16.30%
 
... iOS confirmed! 6 6.52%
 
... maybe it's for the V... 4 4.35%
 
... Capcom is rehashing a... 17 18.48%
 
... gonna suck anyway.. 22 23.91%
 
... this poll doesn't make sense at all 11 11.96%
 
Total:92
Xen said:
Wright said:
Xen said:
Hopefully it's gonna be a direct sequel to DmC, I loved it.


And why not DMC5?

Because I prefer new Dante and I really want to know what's gonna happen next.

Yes, I am serious.

Me too.  Fresh new gameplay, by far the best storyline in the series.  It was a bit easy on Nephilim mode or below, and the harder modes were kind of a bit bs with some of the enemy set ups, but I still liked it.  It does a lot of things better than DMC1 and 3 and a lot more better than DMC4.  Does maybe one thing worse, and that's enemy placement.  If they can fix that and make the game more difficult on lower difficulties and less bs on remixed difficulties, plus remove the light/dark enemies, then it could be better than DmC3.



Around the Network
Xen said:
Wright said:
Xen said:

For all I care, it could've been about Vanille, I'd still be interested in DmC2 more


Interesting opinion, but one not a lot of people share :P

*looks around thread*

No shit

There there Xen... at least you have your health.



DMC was actually a good game so I wouldn't mind.



JOKA_ said:
The newest DMC from Ninja Theory was fantastic. I don't understand why people shit on it. I would love a sequel to that game!


The ranking systems is broken,  the game doesnt have a lock on feature but it trys to play like past DMC games without having any attributes of the first game, so that's bad,they removed some of the more technical gameplay elements, guns are useless, and the weapon switching thing is  sorta kinda empty in depth. MOving from gameplay the characterization is poor, DMC plot have always been parody. They straight up played this game as " MUH REPUBLICAN BANKERS AND FOX NEWS IS AN EVIL DEMON FAGGET HOE"

 

What Team Ninja did was make a casually fun game out of a poor hack and slash. But hey people find fun with it, but to people who are more used to their hack and slashes, or they play musous will no doubt shit on the game because the characters are terrible, they have no depth, that person called vergil is a complete bastardization of his previous character and Ninja theory took a massive shit on the entire fanbase. Particularly when they demeaned several of the characters pre -release. Like Trish and lady. Yet the make this good for nothing named Kat who doesnt do anything. She's a lame plot device for DAnte with no substance or usage of development to actually push him to give a shit about anything. Then again its a 10 hour game. That runs at 30fps ( THE BIGGEST ISSUE)



You forgot the most logical place for the game to appear:

On Netscape.



Around the Network
Dr.EisDrachenJaeger said:
JOKA_ said:
The newest DMC from Ninja Theory was fantastic. I don't understand why people shit on it. I would love a sequel to that game!


The ranking systems is broken,  the game doesnt have a lock on feature but it trys to play like past DMC games without having any attributes of the first game, so that's bad,they removed some of the more technical gameplay elements, guns are useless, and the weapon switching thing is  sorta kinda empty in depth. MOving from gameplay the characterization is poor, DMC plot have always been parody. They straight up played this game as " MUH REPUBLICAN BANKERS AND FOX NEWS IS AN EVIL DEMON FAGGET HOE"

 

What Team Ninja did was make a casually fun game out of a poor hack and slash. But hey people find fun with it, but to people who are more used to their hack and slashes, or they play musous will no doubt shit on the game because the characters are terrible, they have no depth, that person called vergil is a complete bastardization of his previous character and Ninja theory took a massive shit on the entire fanbase. Particularly when they demeaned several of the characters pre -release. Like Trish and lady. Yet the make this good for nothing named Kat who doesnt do anything. She's a lame plot device for DAnte with no substance or usage of development to actually push him to give a shit about anything. Then again its a 10 hour game. That runs at 30fps ( THE BIGGEST ISSUE)


TLDR version: "Whaa whaa whaa it isn't the old DMC series."

Pretty much the only valid criticism you have is it is 30fps when the series been 6fps, but that is hardly an issue that makes or breaks a game, that sort of thing is what fanboys of consoles argue over to say who has a better port.



________________________________________________________________

So many fears it's hard to keep track. I'm very afraid. My first fear is a crappy phone game and most likely not in any kind of nearly similar genre. My second fear is a continuation of DMC4 that is just as bland as that entry in the series was. My third fear is a continuation of DMC the reboot.

My uber secret hope is a prequel say DMC 3.5 that details Vergil's time in hell and his growth into Nelo Angelo from the original Devil May Cry. It gives the opportunity for many new weapon types, spectacular horror and gothic like stage design. So long as they don't reuse content as badly as they did in DMC4 and keep the style switching I would be pleased. I would hope for Vita but why want even more impossible than impossible.



DmC failed so hard that I think they are either making a proper reboot of the original games or making a game inside the universe of the original DMC games (precuel, sequel).



KylieDog said:
Dr.EisDrachenJaeger said:
JOKA_ said:
The newest DMC from Ninja Theory was fantastic. I don't understand why people shit on it. I would love a sequel to that game!


The ranking systems is broken,  the game doesnt have a lock on feature but it trys to play like past DMC games without having any attributes of the first game, so that's bad,they removed some of the more technical gameplay elements, guns are useless, and the weapon switching thing is  sorta kinda empty in depth. MOving from gameplay the characterization is poor, DMC plot have always been parody. They straight up played this game as " MUH REPUBLICAN BANKERS AND FOX NEWS IS AN EVIL DEMON FAGGET HOE"

 

What Team Ninja did was make a casually fun game out of a poor hack and slash. But hey people find fun with it, but to people who are more used to their hack and slashes, or they play musous will no doubt shit on the game because the characters are terrible, they have no depth, that person called vergil is a complete bastardization of his previous character and Ninja theory took a massive shit on the entire fanbase. Particularly when they demeaned several of the characters pre -release. Like Trish and lady. Yet the make this good for nothing named Kat who doesnt do anything. She's a lame plot device for DAnte with no substance or usage of development to actually push him to give a shit about anything. Then again its a 10 hour game. That runs at 30fps ( THE BIGGEST ISSUE)


TLDR version: "Whaa whaa whaa it isn't the old DMC series."

Pretty much the only valid criticism you have is it is 30fps when the series been 6fps, but that is hardly an issue that makes or breaks a game, that sort of thing is what fanboys of consoles argue over to say who has a better port.

Dude I said the biggest problem with the game was NInja theory was clearly confused on what kinda game they were trying to make and its a shitty frankenstein between old DMC and this new thing they were trying to make.

I fucking hate that.

Now go "VALID" your arse over there

Only time Ill ever play this game is it heavily modded on PC.

Ninja theory almost made a good game but its fucked over by its endless stream of bad design choices trying to be two things and not succeeding at any one of them, resulting in a piss easy game, with no lock on system. Why the fuck would you have no lock on system with how you designed this game?!



Dr.EisDrachenJaeger said:
Xen said:

For all I care, it could've been about Vanille, I'd still be interested in DmC2 more


YOu like dmc2 and DmC

 

Oh you poor soul

What I mean is, I want a DmC 2

Areym said:
Xen said:
Wright said:
Xen said:
Hopefully it's gonna be a direct sequel to DmC, I loved it.


And why not DMC5?

Because I prefer new Dante and I really want to know what's gonna happen next.

Yes, I am serious.

You aren't the only one, brother. I loved DmC. The new dante is fine by me.

I have never played any of the old DMC games but I don't need to. I am really hoping its a sequel to DmC. I rented the first one and now im playing it again from PS+ but i will buy a brand new copy of the sequel if it comes out.

kupomogli said:
Xen said:
Wright said:
Xen said:
Hopefully it's gonna be a direct sequel to DmC, I loved it.


And why not DMC5?

Because I prefer new Dante and I really want to know what's gonna happen next.

Yes, I am serious.

Me too.  Fresh new gameplay, by far the best storyline in the series.  It was a bit easy on Nephilim mode or below, and the harder modes were kind of a bit bs with some of the enemy set ups, but I still liked it.  It does a lot of things better than DMC1 and 3 and a lot more better than DMC4.  Does maybe one thing worse, and that's enemy placement.  If they can fix that and make the game more difficult on lower difficulties and less bs on remixed difficulties, plus remove the light/dark enemies, then it could be better than DmC3.

Oh, the bolded all day. They just serve to piss you off, even if Arbiter and Aquila were some of my favorite "side" weapons among all DMC games. I finished on Nephilim also. It was mostly manageable, sometimes challenging!

Hell and Hell difficulty, did you play on it? Is it as batshit insane as it sounds?