Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sonic Lost World For Wii U And 3DS Shipped 640k Worldwide As Of December 31st

Looks as though Sonic Lost World didn’t perform quite as badly as some expected, despite a few low scores from a number of review publications out there. Sega says that Sonic Lost World for both the Wii U and the Nintendo 3DS shipped 640,000 units combined worldwide as of December 31st. Sega claims that sales were low due to the harsh market environment

http://mynintendonews.com/2014/02/07/sonic-lost-world-for-wii-u-and-3ds-shipped-640k-worldwide-as-of-december-31st/



Nintendo and PC gamer

Around the Network
I wonder how many of those are sitting on shelves @.@

sundin13 said:
I wonder how many of those are sitting on shelves @.@

If we trust VGC it should be ~180k copies on shelves. So I think is safe to say the game in undertracked by at least 100k nvm  



Nintendo and PC gamer

There must be a lot of copies still sitting on shelves... This game deserves more sales .-(.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

According to leaked NPD figures, the game is actually overtracked on VGC...

http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?505772-NPD-Sonic-Lost-World-LTD-for-Wii-U-and-3DS-leaked

Around the Network
sundin13 said:
According to leaked NPD figures, the game is actually overtracked on VGC...

http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?505772-NPD-Sonic-Lost-World-LTD-for-Wii-U-and-3DS-leaked


The comments on that forum are very harsh... It seems people really hate Lost World xD.



"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Anfebious said:
sundin13 said:
According to leaked NPD figures, the game is actually overtracked on VGC...

http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?505772-NPD-Sonic-Lost-World-LTD-for-Wii-U-and-3DS-leaked


The comments on that forum are very harsh... It seems people really hate Lost World xD.


yeah, I'm very curious how it would've sold if it was actually a good game...hopefully Sonic Boom will show us how a good sonic game sells ^.^



sundin13 said:
Anfebious said:
sundin13 said:
According to leaked NPD figures, the game is actually overtracked on VGC...

http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?505772-NPD-Sonic-Lost-World-LTD-for-Wii-U-and-3DS-leaked


The comments on that forum are very harsh... It seems people really hate Lost World xD.


yeah, I'm very curious how it would've sold if it was actually a good game...hopefully Sonic Boom will show us how a good sonic game sells ^.^

Lost World wasn't a bad game at all!



"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

"SALES LOW DUE TO HARSH MAARKET" = no sales were low because the game sucked and was a huge disappointment.

PSN: Saugeen-Uwo     Feel free to add me (put Vg Chartz as MSG)!

Nintendo Network ID: Saugeen-Uwo

Me Getting the Big Boss Emblem!: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8blJhM6PZ4

Around the Network
Shipped? ouch

___________

System defining games (over 70 on metacritic) not on the other. IMO these are the system sellers that matter. No amount of PS4 selling can take this away.

2013: Forza 5, Dead Rising 3, Killer Instinct > Killzone Shadowfall

2014: Titanfall, Sunset Overdrive, Project Spark, Forza Horizon 2, Master Chief Collection > Infamous SF, Drive Club, Little Big Planet 3, Last of Us (IMO lacking in content compared to MCC).