1. Never said you're a dumbass..but you Finally after all that hard work you put in found one major acquisition but can't find any other purchases they made. I dunno man..if the hat fits. Small steps pal..keep it up
2. You have issues understanding simple english and logic. Let me break this down for you so even you might understand it. Selling an office building such as that is for two reasons. One, money. Two, expenses...companies do this all the time. Immediate need for cash + long term profitability of the said asset are things that will get considered in such situations.
Not sure why you are so hung up on this. Did you work in the building? lol And wait are you actually surprised a large company has debt? Like no way man... -_- I seriously feel like I'm talking about this with a hopeless case here. You keep repeating normal business practices like something unique. I never said Sony was in a fantastic financial situation. I was laughing at your silly attachment to them selling a building. When they have bought buildings, factories and also invested in other new businesses. bu bu bu dat one building doe lol
3. umm I never said laying people off was a 'good' thing. i said it was something that was needed and overall is good for the long term health of the company. From the top of my head I believe sony has around 150k workers. When restructering happens, lay offs happen. It really sucks for those affected. But this is needed.
4. lol who said just 'vaio'? Sony is in a pretty good condition in most of their divisions. Again look up the financials. See what they are earning in other divisions and then you will understand why Kaz is making the moves he is making. One of Sony's biggest problems is lack of focus. They need to focus on their strengths going forward. Remove the excess useless factors is essential. When a company has many divisions, if one division is unhealthy compared to others, they get cut. Seriously...not a difficult concept to understand
5, see clueless train continues. I bash sony all the time lol I have no emotional investment in the company nor do I have money invested in them. This isn't even about playstation lol this is about the overall company. If it makes you feel better about your clueless posting earlier, go right ahead, imagine that I'm being 'defensive' of sony
your or my love for their products have nothing to do with this. This is a pretty straight forward business situation. I actually entered this thread hoping to discuss the numbers and their impact going forward but sadly walked into a console warfare bs. The overall loss forecast is nicely detailed in the financials notes. Give it a read and I'm not saying this in a snarky way. There are a lot of expenses involved with restructuring. These are great smart steps taken by Kaz and bodes well for the future of the company.
Anywho i'm done with this..gonna finish watching Pacers vs Blazers game and then grab some dinner.
1) Bring me the links buddy, I googled it, nothing comes up. The only HQ they bought in 2013 was their playstation HQ.
2) You've gotta be kidding me right? You're the hopeless case here. You're SERIOUSLY telling me that having more debt then all of their assets+cash combined. That having more debt then Microsoft, Apple, Google, etc which are ALL MUCH MUCH bigger companies then Sony.
Wait, here's a better question, do YOU even know how much debt they have? Seriously, take off those sunglasses and look at the real world. If you're trying to argue with me that Sony overall debt (over 157B$) is normal, name me ONE corporation that has that much debt as of today. One, I beg you. Keep calling me an idiot buddy, you're making yourself look ridiculous here.
3) Again, you failed to address the fact that they've been laying off people constantly for the past couple years. They laid off 10k people in their FY 2012, another 5k people this year and so on.
4) Are we even looking at the same numbers? Sony is healthy? The only divions that i'd call healthy would be their insurrance and gaming divions. Their mobile division is doing decently. They lost billions and billions of dollars over the last 4-5years. Very healthy company indeed.
I can't believe that you're even arguing the fact that sony is healthy or not. Ask anyone, any analysts, any investors, if they think that Sony is healthy.
5) Again, yes, these moves needed to be made for Sony's future. However, I have some difficulty understanding how you can't acknowledge that, had Sony been actually healthy, they could have easily gotten rid of the fat without losing 1B$+. And if Sony was actually healthy, they would be posting umm.... you know?.... profits?
I think it's called take off goggles..not sun glasses lol haven't heard that one before. here's a clue Eisntein...I never said Sony was in a great condition. Let that settle in and blow your mind for a bit. They have been in real trouble with two of their divisions, tax issues etc. Not the first time I have talked about this.
1) I never called you an idiot either lol Is this some kind of scenario where you are calling yourself names? hahaha I didn't call you an idiot nor did I call you a dumbass, both of which you are accusing me of ....I'm not gonna get into you self confidence issues here man, that's all on you
2) I already addressed the layoffs..they were needed. No financial analyst in their right mind would say other wise. It sucks for those who lost the jobs but sony should have done this even earlier. There is no 'so on'. lol they should gotten rid of them or even more even before this. better late than never.
3) health of a company depends on their future outlook. Yes they are healhty. Imaging, movies, gaming, music and financials will all do good for them going forward. And yes I went over the financials on the day they released. Even discussed them a bit on gaf.
4) You have caught some feelings over sony and people calling you out on your dumb comments. Not my fault. It's a business. You need to be objective in understanding the numbers. I care not for sony as a company at all. you are so clueless that you actually think a 'healthy' company if were to get rid of a large section of their business + spin off another as a subsidiary won't involve large expenses....hilarious
Anywho for the last time I'm done wasting time with you..you are too emotionally invested in the sony vs nintendo nonsense I think ..shame
You once again fail to grasp at any points that I was trying to make. You failed to discuss the fact that their debt is higher then MS, Apple, google, etc even while being a much smaller corporation. Maybe because you can't really argue that? How about, go argue Moody as to why Sony deserves not to be downgraded as junk for their stock.
1) It's called reading along the lines buddy. Let's say I tell you that you're clueless or you can't read properly or you can't search for shit, then yea, it's basically saying that you're an idiot. Again, it is hilarious how you keep saying that they bought a few HQs in their fiscal year 2013 when there hasn't been a single report on any except the playstation HQ. (1 =/= "a few" by the way)
2) PLEASE copy/paste where I stated that layoffs weren't necessary. I beg you. Layoffs were indeed necessery due to the horrific position they were in (and still are, although things are getting slowly better).
3) Indeed, the health of a company relies on the present and the future. And I can't see a positive future for Sony unfortunetly. They are getting hammered in every department that they are in except gaming and their financial business. But unfortunetly, gaming is a very small part of Sony and their financial businness is not enough to carry all of their other failing divisions.
4) Again, you seems to like pulling shit out of your ass, do you? WHERE, I repeat, WHERE did I argue that spinning off their tv division and selling their PC business wouldn't involve huge expenses. Please, AGAIN, copy/paste. I said, HAD they been ACTUALLY HEALTHY, they would of been able to spin their tv business and sell their PC division without incurring a loss. You know, it's possible to have bigger profits then you're expenses. Google are spending billions left and right on companies that create robots, yet they are still posting profits. You know why? Because their profits are BIGGER then their expenses. Sony did the right move, but that doesn't excuse the huge loss.
And Hahahahaha, oh boy, that last sentence is just the cherry on the sundae, WHERE did I mention nintendo in our discussion. Please, again, copy/paste. And please link me to these threads where I got called out on my "stupid" posts? It is hilarious how offensive you are along the lines and you then just deny it by saying "I didn't say X" yet you said Y which basically means the same damn thing as X. And it is hilarious that you brought Nintendo in this discussion because I never defend them like so many fanboys on this website. I only argue when people are talking againsts facts, which in this case, you are. And while were at it, I play more oftenly on my xbox360/PC then my Nintendo system since you seemed so convinced that I am a Nintendo fanboy.
And just for the heck of it, why do you believe I have some strong feelings against Sony. This has to be one of the most dumbest things i've ever head. Discussing a 1.1B$ loss is not having a strong feeling against a company. And to my knowledge, I've never posted any comments against Sony. Please provide me with these "stupid" comments that I've made and name me a few people that called me out on my "stupid" comments.
I'm sorry that you're too sensitive of a person to discuss a few facts about Sony without getting overly defensive. I will keep that in mind before starting any other discussions in the future with you. I'll keep in mind that I shouldn't say anything negative about Sony.