Quantcast
Wind Waker HD sold over 1 mil. Wii U @ 5.86 mil

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wind Waker HD sold over 1 mil. Wii U @ 5.86 mil

Figgycal said:
magoghm said:
vgchartz has Wii U software at 19.94m while Nintendo reports 29.37m. Some of it is the difference between shipped and sold to end users, but I assume most of it comes from digital sales. That's a lot of digital sales!

Wii U bundles come with a digital download code. And the rest of that figure is sitting in warehouses and store shelves.

Only Wind Waker HD has a download code as far as I know. The other popular bundle (the one with NSMB U) has a physical copy.



Nintendo and PC gamer

Around the Network
osed125 said:
Figgycal said:
magoghm said:
vgchartz has Wii U software at 19.94m while Nintendo reports 29.37m. Some of it is the difference between shipped and sold to end users, but I assume most of it comes from digital sales. That's a lot of digital sales!

Wii U bundles come with a digital download code. And the rest of that figure is sitting in warehouses and store shelves.

Only Wind Waker HD has a download code as far as I know. The other popular bundle (the one with NSMB U) has a physical copy.

I am wrong then.



I'm gonna get the Zelda/wii u bundle in a few months... won't that be the greatest day ever ^^



I see that we still have more NDS sold to consumers than NDS manufactured by Nintendo lol



Well, at least PS4 and Xbox one hasn't reach the total Wii U sales, they started strong but now sales are going down.



Around the Network
Boutros said:
I see that we still have more NDS sold to consumers than NDS manufactured by Nintendo lol


DS number are at 153.8 on front page, Nintendo has them at 153.98. Or is that number shipped also? I thought the stopped manufacturing DS, no?



jcalamil said:
Well, at least PS4 and Xbox one hasn't reach the total Wii U sales, they started strong but now sales are going down.


Only 1 more month till PS4 does. 



cannonballZ said:
Boutros said:
I see that we still have more NDS sold to consumers than NDS manufactured by Nintendo lol


DS number are at 153.8 on front page, Nintendo has them at 153.98. Or is that number shipped also? I thought the stopped manufacturing DS, no?

Hmm...I was looking at this page myself:

http://www.vgchartz.com/analysis/platform_totals/

Pos Platform North America Europe Japan Rest of World Global
1 PlayStation 2 (PS2) 53.65 55.28 23.18 25.57 157.68
2 Nintendo DS (DS) 57.37 52.07 33.01 12.43 154.88
3 Game Boy (GB) 43.18 40.05 32.47 2.99 118.69


It's like the Vita, I guess. We don't have a lot of consoles sold but the people that own them buy a fair amount of games. In one year, I think my Wii U library is over half as big as my PS3 library in seven years. My Vita library is close, too.



Twitter: @d21lewis  --I'll add you if you add me!!

Boutros said:

Hmm...I was looking at this page myself:

http://www.vgchartz.com/analysis/platform_totals/

Pos Platform North America Europe Japan Rest of World Global
1 PlayStation 2 (PS2) 53.65 55.28 23.18 25.57 157.68
2 Nintendo DS (DS) 57.37 52.07 33.01 12.43 154.88
3 Game Boy (GB) 43.18 40.05 32.47 2.99 118.69


Oh, that's definitely wrong! I see what you mean now.