Quantcast
So I went to Best Buy yesterday....

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So I went to Best Buy yesterday....

So? Xbox One is selling just fine, so what's the problem? With that many in stock, more XBO's can be sold than PS4's. Based on how it's sold so far, that has been a good thing for consumers.

I know some PSfans that have nothing better to do go through these types of dramatic exercises to try to elevate the delusional superiority of their allegiance to a company and the flood the internet with their masturbatory gloating, but I have a better idea for you: go enjoy your purchase instead of doing things like this. It's a desperate, sad look on you and frankly contributes nothing positive to any constructive discussion about our pasttime.

TLDR: be better than this.



Around the Network

J_Allard said:

So, rental confirmed.

Also, lol @ "best next gen exclusive" being Resogun. Is that based entirely off of Metacritic? The game is being offered free for PS+ subscribers and was reviewed as such.

Resogun is amazing... I can't wait for DLC... it is together with Dead Rising 3 the best launch exclusives last year.



maybe they got 100 XB1 sold 30+ of them and 10 PS4 all sold out... so XB1 still selling more... 



Aerys said:
It's easy to find Xbox One here in France


Easy to find XB1 in the UK too. Impossible to find PS4 in stores.



J_Allard said:
leo-j said:
The fact Microsoft is able to sell 3.9 million in two months, with a 500 dollar console, and sony couldn't even sell half of that with the ps3 at 599, shows how strong the Xbox brand has become


I didn't know the PS3 launch was that worse. Really puts things into even more accurate perspective.


Why use such BS arguments that just kill your credibility? With inflation the PS3 would cost over $695 today ($200 more than XB1).

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10/15/the-real-cost-of-gaming-inflation-time-and-purchasing-power

 

It released a year later than the competition and had a piss ass difficult architecture.



Around the Network
Mike_L said:
J_Allard said:
leo-j said:
The fact Microsoft is able to sell 3.9 million in two months, with a 500 dollar console, and sony couldn't even sell half of that with the ps3 at 599, shows how strong the Xbox brand has become


I didn't know the PS3 launch was that worse. Really puts things into even more accurate perspective.


Why use such BS arguments that just kill your credibility? With inflation the PS3 would cost over $695 today ($200 more than XB1).

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10/15/the-real-cost-of-gaming-inflation-time-and-purchasing-power

 

It released a year later than the competition and had a piss ass difficult architecture.

Very true.  I also doubt Sony would have been able to make 3.9M consoles within a few months.  Using more off the shelf parts has really helped with production this gen. 

Also, there's the fact that the Xbox One will not reach 95M, but the PS3 will.  Like the Wii U before it, the Xbox One had a great launch, but without support from EU and Japan, I can't see it selling more than 60M, if that.



J_Allard said:
Captain_Tom said:
Nsanity said:

Are the games for keeps or rental?


You keep them and all your data for as long as you have PS+.  The second you have it again, you can start right where you left off.  Please stop this "Doesn't own BS."  If I wanted to keep a game forever, I would have bought it at launch.  But I missed Vanguish for example a while ago, and I got to play through it and keep its trophies for free.

So, rental confirmed.

Also, lol @ "best next gen exclusive" being Resogun. Is that based entirely off of Metacritic? The game is being offered free for PS+ subscribers and was reviewed as such.

A true rental would mean you would have to give the game back after a certain amount of time.  With PS+, as long as you are a member, you keep them forever.  Of course, with all the great games, not sure why you would stop subscribing.  Even if you did for a few years, and then became a member again, you get those games right back.  You should also be thanking Sony for PS+.  Without it, there would be no GWG.



I actually went to my local bestbuy yesterday and found a stack similar to the one you have in the op. It was around 25 X1 and I asked if they had any PS4's because I couldn't find any in display and they said they sold out yesterday.



thismeintiel said:
Mike_L said:
J_Allard said:
leo-j said:
The fact Microsoft is able to sell 3.9 million in two months, with a 500 dollar console, and sony couldn't even sell half of that with the ps3 at 599, shows how strong the Xbox brand has become


I didn't know the PS3 launch was that worse. Really puts things into even more accurate perspective.


Why use such BS arguments that just kill your credibility? With inflation the PS3 would cost over $695 today ($200 more than XB1).

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10/15/the-real-cost-of-gaming-inflation-time-and-purchasing-power

 

It released a year later than the competition and had a piss ass difficult architecture.

Very true.  I also doubt Sony would have been able to make 3.9M consoles within a few months.  Using more off the shelf parts has really helped with production this gen. 

Also, there's the fact that the Xbox One will not reach 95M, but the PS3 will.  Like the Wii U before it, the Xbox One had a great launch, but without support from EU and Japan, I can't see it selling more than 60M, if that.

Now that you mention it, it´s sad this 8th gen will, by the look of things, be a gen of contraction, with probably only one console having a shot at matching or exceeding its predecessor.

3DS, Vita and Wii U will all sell far less than their predecessors.

PS4 and X1 are still up in the air..with the X1 having perhaps a worse performance in Japan and Europe than the 360 did, there´s a chance only the PS4 matches (or surpasses) its predecessor.

As time goes on, the developing markets (Brazil, Eastern Europe, Russia, etc..) will become more and more important, and might make up for things in Japan, home console wise.

So far, it does seem like this gen will see a contraction.No need to go all apocalyptic, like some have been trumpeting "console gaming is dead".I hope both PS4 and X1 at least match their predecessors, because the other three surely won´t.



Darth Tigris said:
So? Xbox One is selling just fine, so what's the problem? With that many in stock, more XBO's can be sold than PS4's. Based on how it's sold so far, that has been a good thing for consumers.

I know some PSfans that have nothing better to do go through these types of dramatic exercises to try to elevate the delusional superiority of their allegiance to a company and the flood the internet with their masturbatory gloating, but I have a better idea for you: go enjoy your purchase instead of doing things like this. It's a desperate, sad look on you and frankly contributes nothing positive to any constructive discussion about our pasttime.

TLDR: be better than this.

The problem is NPD, because according to them the Xbox One was the best selling console last month, but the pictures that people have been take say otherwise.