Quantcast
Digital Foundry vs. Gran Turismo 6

Forums - Sony Discussion - Digital Foundry vs. Gran Turismo 6

Tagged games:

torok said:
Man, Forza defense force already derailed the thread?

Pretty much.



I am the Playstation Avenger.

   

Around the Network
adriane23 said:
torok said:
Man, Forza defense force already derailed the thread?

Pretty much.


The worst part is that is basically an informative thread, just what says in a DF article. 



selnor1983 said:
ethomaz said:

selnor1983 said:

Im not after a war. If you want genuine convo on forza vs gt. PM me.

I'm not fighting... I'm only explaining to you.


No Im not saying you are. But if we start comparing Forza with GT in here, its gonna blow up to shit. Not necessarily me and you, but others will wade on in and there goes the thread.

If genuine discussion is what you want we can do this outside this thread, or make a specific Forza 5 vs GT6 thread.


i dont understand why comparisons to FM5 are offlimits, the OP clearly posted a quote from the artical that made a comparison.

OP GT has always been one of my fav series but this gen i think they just lost touch, i spent about80hrs or so on GT5 and didnt really give GT6 a chance, judging by the sales alot of people share my opinion.Hopefully the next gen title will be up to thier standards.



2008ProchargedGT said:
selnor1983 said:

No Im not saying you are. But if we start comparing Forza with GT in here, its gonna blow up to shit. Not necessarily me and you, but others will wade on in and there goes the thread.

If genuine discussion is what you want we can do this outside this thread, or make a specific Forza 5 vs GT6 thread.


i dont understand why comparisons to FM5 are offlimits, the OP clearly posted a quote from the artical that made a comparison.

OP GT has always been one of my fav series but this gen i think they just lost touch, i spent about80hrs or so on GT5 and didnt really give GT6 a chance, judging by the sales alot of people share my opinion.Hopefully the next gen title will be up to thier standards.

Who says they're off-limits, it just often results in bans of the usual suspects.

OP didn't make a comparison, but yes Forza was indeed mentioned in that article. Quick 'Forza' search
we're seeing state-of-the-art features that aren't even present in the next-gen Forza Motorsport 5.
In either mode (720p/1080p), texture filtering is used well enough to avoid losing significant texture detail at steep angles - unlike the competing Forza 5.
Polyphony Digital insists on updating all reflections and mirrors at the same rate as the game itself. Games such as Forza 5 actually decouple these elements and display them at a variable frame-rate

Where did PD lose touch for you? I've spend more time on GT5 this gen than on any other GT. There was just so much to do, plus the newness of playing GT online. GT6 now feels small in comparison. I finished career mode, all gold, under 60 hours, together with the seasonal events. The new tracks are great, and day/night/weather on many more tracks is awesome, yet GT5 felt grander. I'm missing Rally and F1 from career mode. Moon buggy is nice but over way too soon. No real endurance races, no custom tracks (yet), no procedurally generated rally tracks. No xp progression and small payouts make the online less atractive as well. A lot of people simply hang out in tune and cruise rooms, not bothering with racing :/



SvennoJ said:
2008ProchargedGT said:
selnor1983 said:

No Im not saying you are. But if we start comparing Forza with GT in here, its gonna blow up to shit. Not necessarily me and you, but others will wade on in and there goes the thread.

If genuine discussion is what you want we can do this outside this thread, or make a specific Forza 5 vs GT6 thread.


i dont understand why comparisons to FM5 are offlimits, the OP clearly posted a quote from the artical that made a comparison.

OP GT has always been one of my fav series but this gen i think they just lost touch, i spent about80hrs or so on GT5 and didnt really give GT6 a chance, judging by the sales alot of people share my opinion.Hopefully the next gen title will be up to thier standards.

Who says they're off-limits, it just often results in bans of the usual suspects.

OP didn't make a comparison, but yes Forza was indeed mentioned in that article. Quick 'Forza' search
we're seeing state-of-the-art features that aren't even present in the next-gen Forza Motorsport 5.
In either mode (720p/1080p), texture filtering is used well enough to avoid losing significant texture detail at steep angles - unlike the competing Forza 5.
Polyphony Digital insists on updating all reflections and mirrors at the same rate as the game itself. Games such as Forza 5 actually decouple these elements and display them at a variable frame-rate

Where did PD lose touch for you? I've spend more time on GT5 this gen than on any other GT. There was just so much to do, plus the newness of playing GT online. GT6 now feels small in comparison. I finished career mode, all gold, under 60 hours, together with the seasonal events. The new tracks are great, and day/night/weather on many more tracks is awesome, yet GT5 felt grander. I'm missing Rally and F1 from career mode. Moon buggy is nice but over way too soon. No real endurance races, no custom tracks (yet), no procedurally generated rally tracks. No xp progression and small payouts make the online less atractive as well. A lot of people simply hang out in tune and cruise rooms, not bothering with racing :/

its hard to say really i just dont get the same feeling when i play thier latest installments. I was a GT 3 and 4 nut played them nonstop till my PS2 died. Heck they even got my started in my real car hobby, the new ones seem so rushed which is ironic because 5 took forever to release. Myabe i just over hyped them myself and was let down.



Around the Network
2008ProchargedGT said:
SvennoJ said:

Where did PD lose touch for you? I've spend more time on GT5 this gen than on any other GT. There was just so much to do, plus the newness of playing GT online. GT6 now feels small in comparison. I finished career mode, all gold, under 60 hours, together with the seasonal events. The new tracks are great, and day/night/weather on many more tracks is awesome, yet GT5 felt grander. I'm missing Rally and F1 from career mode. Moon buggy is nice but over way too soon. No real endurance races, no custom tracks (yet), no procedurally generated rally tracks. No xp progression and small payouts make the online less atractive as well. A lot of people simply hang out in tune and cruise rooms, not bothering with racing :/

its hard to say really i just dont get the same feeling when i play thier latest installments. I was a GT 3 and 4 nut played them nonstop till my PS2 died. Heck they even got my started in my real car hobby, the new ones seem so rushed which is ironic because 5 took forever to release. Myabe i just over hyped them myself and was let down.

I kinda have the same feeling with GT6 atm. GT5 was the first GT I actually finished and spend more time on than all the previous ones combined. GT6 is not recreating that feverish addiction that GT5 had. Let's hope GT7 brings it back.



Can't wait for GT7, while GT6 was good it desperately needed better hardware. It feels like the game is using everything it could from the PS3. I hope they improve the AI and the damage to cars.



Polyphony should have aimed for PS4, it's clear that even at the end of the generation, the PS3 simply can't handle their vision of a modern Gran Turismo.



Nsanity said:
walsufnir said:

Why did they even bother with 1080P?


Because Sony games are smooth even with variable framerate.



walsufnir said:
Nsanity said:
walsufnir said:

Why did they even bother with 1080P?


Because Sony games are smooth even with variable framerate.

They should have just went with a sub-HD resolution, because even at 720P the game still has problems.