Quantcast
Titanfall Overhyped???

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Titanfall Overhyped???

kupomogli said:
TheSting said:


Wow!! Lol There is a couple of things to shake your head in disagreement at in this post. Since it is all your opinion you are neither fully right or wrong. 

So you liked Mechassault and Perfect Dark Zero?  And by that, I mean.  So you like games that are commonly referred to as bad games by even the Xbox community?


Xbox community does not speak for everyone and neither do reviewers. At all. I loved Mechassault. 1 more thn 2 though. Enjoyed both. Perfect Dark i have never played. 



Around the Network
jlmurph2 said:
Its hilarious that we who have the Alpha have a completely different view than the people who just sit and watch leaked vids. I've said it many times, the people who have played it are excited for it, which gives excitement to the multiplayer fps fans.

Didn't realize that people were so stupid that they can't tell whether they may prefer a game or not based on watching gameplay of it. 

Similar to when I watched a friend play Call of Duty Ghosts online and had no interest in playing it.  Then when I finally did play it, I was right.  It was worse than the other Call of Duty games.  Holy shit!!!! UNBELIEVABLE!!  I can actually make an opinion by watching gameplay footage?  MIND FUCKING BLOWN!!



kupomogli said:

Don't you people know? Being exclusive automatically makes the games 100 times better. Look at the Armored Core franchise. Despite being great games, hardly anyone has every paid to them and the games generally get low scores.

The proof in all this is Mechassault. Despite how poor the game is, especially compared to Armored Core, the game received massive praise as an exclusive and had high review scores all around. With 32 scores it's sitting at an 87 on Metacritic.

Not a mech game, but just want to point out what being exclusive does to ratings. Perfect Dark Zero. Yet another horrible game and with a high review score.  75 scores and it's sitting at an 81.

*edit*

Unless it's a Sony game.  For some reason, review sites don't drop to their knees and virtually felate Sony every time they receive an exclusive.  Except Ni No Kuni.  They had to pick one of the worst Sony games to shower with praise. 

or maybe you prefer worse games and not they? that would be another possibility and the chance is at least the same.

not sure which sony games you mean but uncharted, the last of us, killzone 2, tearaway and other games got good reviews. if you prefer other sony games you just seem to have another taste as they have but how do you know that they are wrong with their opinion?



crissindahouse said:

or maybe you prefer worse games and not they? that would be another possibility and the chance is at least the same.

Check one of my prior responses.  I've heard a lot of Xbox fans commonly refer to Mechassault and Perfect Dark Zero as bad games.  Offline and online.  Aside from the hype during the launches, I've actually never heard someone say these games were good games.   



kupomogli said:
jlmurph2 said:
Its hilarious that we who have the Alpha have a completely different view than the people who just sit and watch leaked vids. I've said it many times, the people who have played it are excited for it, which gives excitement to the multiplayer fps fans.

Didn't realize that people were so stupid that they can't tell whether they may prefer a game or not based on watching gameplay of it. 

Similar to when I watched a friend play Call of Duty Ghosts online and had no interest in playing it.  Then when I finally did play it, I was right.  It was worse than the other Call of Duty games.  Holy shit!!!! UNBELIEVABLE!!  I can actually make an opinion by watching gameplay footage?  MIND FUCKING BLOWN!!

You can have your opinion of a game if you want. My point is that there's no reason to call this game "Overhyped" if the people that ARE enjoying it are the ones hyping it up. You may have judged your friend's Call of Duty online play but did you fairly judge the full game of Titanfall the same way? No, you judged an unfinished build that isn't even a beta and said "Yup, that game sucks"



Around the Network
kupomogli said:
crissindahouse said:

or maybe you prefer worse games and not they? that would be another possibility and the chance is at least the same.

Check one of my prior responses.  I've heard a lot of Xbox fans commonly refer to Mechassault and Perfect Dark Zero as bad games.  Offline and online.  Aside from the hype during the launches, I've actually never heard someone say these games were good games.   

and i hardly know anyone who loves armored core. which of both is now better? is that really a proof of you that mechassault got only better reviews because it's exclusive? and you meant that sony doesn't get good reviews for good games so you think  uncharted, the last of us, killzone 2, god of war III, ico & shadow of the colossus and so on are bad but other games which got bad reviews are so good? which ones?

or do you mean exclusive "sony games" not from first party? 



Sony fans complaining about over hyping?


Wait... What?



It looks good, but people are overhyping it thinking it will be the equivalent of what cod4 was back in the day in terms of innovation and gameplay.



crissindahouse said:

and i hardly know anyone who loves armored core. which of both is now better? is that really a proof of you that mechassault got only better reviews because it's exclusive? and you meant that sony doesn't get good reviews for good games so you think  uncharted, the last of us, killzone 2, god of war III, ico & shadow of the colossus and so on are bad but other games which got bad reviews are so good? which ones?

I didn't say anyone had to love Armored Core, I just made the statement that it's better than Mechassault.  I've played both, but whether you've played them or not, just watch a video and it's quite clear.  I used Armored Core as reference simply because it's a good underrated shooter with robots, and because I was going to point out Mechassault and it's high review score. 

I also never said Sony doesn't get good reviews.  I just said that journalists don't drop to their knees and virtually felate them.  Sony games never seem to get the same free passes for having issues that many other game developers do.  Nintendo releases Wii Sports, a tech demo.  Sony releases Sports Champions 2 which has all the same games as Wii Sports and more, has more control to it, and gets a much lower score.  GTA5 launched with broken online and the online is still poor even though actually working now, but it's Rockstar, let's give them a pass because it's GTA.  Twisted Metal launched much earlier and all of its low review scores are because of how difficult it was to get in games online, even though the online worked well once you got in a room.

Also, it's common that Nintendo portable games get a free pass for not being as good as console games.  Some first party, some third party.  Vita games were brought up in another thread if you remember it because of this.  The exact same games not just portable versions that played worse, were being directly compared to the console version and given a much lower score based on graphics alone.  Just as an example.  IGN scored MLB13 The Show 8.8 on PS3, 7.6 on Vita because the Vita version had worse graphics than the PS3 version. 



Seeing as Microsoft is throwing money at everyone on youtube to promote the X1, they are clearly doing the same with Titanfall. No wonder IGN is trying so hard to downplay the negative feedback with 6on6.

Most people already assumed this, but this puts a stamp on paid reviews also from the bigger gaming yourtube channels.