Quantcast
Target sends back dozens of X1's

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Target sends back dozens of X1's

Sensationlist title for the unavoidable flaming that I'm about to get from some people (even though I was 100% correct about Ps4/X1 launch) that wont be bothered to read the rest.

So my Target sent back about 30 X1's yesterday. This is called a "sweep." and it sits on the trailer to go back to the distribution center. From there they redistribute the consoles to other stores (or send it back to the manufacturer). Now, I haven't been paying attention to other districts like I was at launch time so I cant tell you how wide spread it it is but it was a few stores in the largest suburbs of Chicago. 

Flame shield activate.



Around the Network

Maybe it's just your Target. In that case to relocate them makes sense. Demand will be different base on location although I would consider Chicago to be a high demand area.



justinian said:

Maybe it's just your Target. In that case to relocate them makes sense. Demand will be different base on location although I would consider Chicago to be a high demand area.


Multiple stores and Chicago is. Now, even if Target sends it back to the manufacturer they would just redistribute it too. Its not all bad news (which is why the disclaimer is at the begining of the post) because the ones sent back will get somewhere else. However, it is bad news in the sense that this sweep is used for items that didnt meet expected sales. Let me give you another example, a year or two ago (maybe three) Target recieved close to 50 of those gaming chairs with speakers in them to sell dirt cheap on BF. We barely sold any and after Christmas we sent them back.



Max King of the Wild said:

Sensationlist title for the unavoidable flaming that I'm about to get from some people (even though I was 100% correct about Ps4/X1 launch) that wont be bothered to read the rest.


You were 100% right that the sales are 1 to 1 in US? Or were the Black Friday thing?

And how many your store still has? How many has it recieved weekly? How many were sold?



Retail is having a hard time to sell the quantity of Xbone shipped by MS... it is not target alone... Gamestop have a full inventary of Xbone not sold too... they are trying to market to sell these units.

Proper pic to your OP.



Around the Network

Dark_Feanor said:

You were 100% right that the sales are 1 to 1 in US? Or were the Black Friday thing?

And how many your store still has? How many has it recieved weekly? How many were sold?

He (and me if you care) was right about Xbone 600-700k at launch in US... he hinted that in a thread... 1 million PS4 at launch too.

So far the ratio he had at target showed for US.



My Gamestop has been receiving XO's from other stores to sell due to us being a much busier store...I imagine there sales will pick up quite a bit coming Feb. with tax returns. Specially if the PS4 stays short on stock. Also considering the PS4 will launch in Japan on Feb I can't imagine there being enough to meet demand then either and people may get tired of waiting for them to be in stock.



Make it So.

OmegaRed421 said:
My Gamestop has been receiving XO's from other stores to sell due to us being a much busier store...I imagine there sales will pick up quite a bit coming Feb. with tax returns. Specially if the PS4 stays short on stock. Also considering the PS4 will launch in Japan on Feb I can't imagine there being enough to meet demand then either and people may get tired of waiting for them to be in stock.

Sony is producing about 250k units of PS4 per week... so that's what they have to sent to EU and US but they need to make some inventory to Japan launch (500k?).

So my guesses are that they are shipping something like 150k per week to US and 100k per week to EU until the last week of January because the production of the last week of January and the first week of February will be sent to Japan only (these 500k I guessed before).

In easy terms I guess US and EU will have two weeks without supply from Sony in February... after these two weeks they will receive again 150k in US and 100k in EU with Japan receving now.

Two weeks after Japan launch the situation will be like:

US: 100k per week
EU: 100k per week
JP: 50k per week

Of couser that can change if one of the regions have less demand but I think that won't happen before end of March.

Question... is Gamestop receiving PS4 units to sell (at least for the preorders)? I know Target and Amazon are receiving some batchs but I don't know how the Sony contract with Retail works (maybe they priorise some retais).

Thanks for the info BTW

PS. I expect Sony to ship ~7m units until end of March WW.



It wouldn't surprise me. I see more One's sitting around than any other system, even Wii U. The only one sold out is PS4.





 "I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions