Quantcast
Is Wii Fit U bombing really hard?

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is Wii Fit U bombing really hard?

Tagged games:

Aielyn said:
Hedra42 said:

@ Aielyn - Is it good? I was thinking of getting it through that deal.

It's fairly good itself. With the Fit Meter, it's very effective. When you choose a target (say, lose 3 kg in 3 months), the game tries to estimate the required number of kilocalories to burn, and gives you a goal per day. You clock up the kilocalories through walking/moving (Fit Meter) and through using Wii Fit U. It keeps track of your current number of days in a row that you've reached the goal. I'm up to 40 days in a row, I think. And the goal isn't trivial, either. To give you a sense of it - if I spend the day at home, I tend to get to about 300 kcal or so. My current goal is 990 kcal.

To get the rest, on days that I'm at home and not otherwise doing much, I go out on a night and walk around the neighbourhood, which has enough hills to help me clock up the calories more quickly (the Fit Meter tracks elevation, and adjusts calories burned accordingly - you burn more when walking uphill). Today I went for a walk for 80 minutes, am currently at 834 kcal, so I'll have to use Wii Fit U to get the rest of the way - it'll probably take about 40 minutes or so.

I used "fairly good" to describe Wii Fit U itself. My only disappointment is that there isn't a large number of new games within it, and a few from the previous versions have been dropped (like the one with the candle, where you need to be as still as possible).

One specific one to mention, because I was really surprised by one of the new modes - "Orienteering". Uses only the Gamepad, no balance board, and you're given Miis to find around Wuhu Island. You move by walking/jogging on the spot... the game detects the movement via the gamepad alone, and works remarkably well.

I'd definitely recommend it if you want something that will help to motivate you to lose weight. Since the Fit Meter does the job of pedometers much more expensive than it, and you get the game for free (right now) using it, it's worth the purchase.

Thanks for that, very useful. I think I might go for it.



Around the Network

Its not even out yet... wtf... the only thing thats out is the free trail version on eshop, the actual retail game is going to be out on January 10th



             

                               Anime: Haruhi                                                                                      Anime: Love Live
                              Nsfw Anime Thread                                                                             Join our Anime Threads!
                             Sfw Anime Thread                                                                                VGC Tutorial Thread

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
Its not even out yet... wtf... the only thing thats out is the free trail version on eshop, the actual retail game is going to be out on January 10th


To people in certain regions yes. To the rest of the World, already out!



RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

MikeRox said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
Its not even out yet... wtf... the only thing thats out is the free trail version on eshop, the actual retail game is going to be out on January 10th


To people in certain regions yes. To the rest of the World, already out!

Really? Wtf... NoA sucks!!!!!



             

                               Anime: Haruhi                                                                                      Anime: Love Live
                              Nsfw Anime Thread                                                                             Join our Anime Threads!
                             Sfw Anime Thread                                                                                VGC Tutorial Thread

HintHRO said:
I'm a big Nintendo fan and enjoying my Wii U a lot, but this is really what they deserve. It's disgusting how they ignore all third party developers and thinking doing exactly the same as previous gen will give them huge sales again. Now Wii Party U, NSMBU and Wii Fit aren't selling the 20 millions they did first, but even doing lower than Sony's new IP's, it's time for Nintendo to do something about this amateurish approach in the console market

Wii Party U and NSMBU are ahead of Knack.



Around the Network
Seece said:
Console wars? wat console wars? I didn't mention the others.

You can come up with multiple scenarios for most things in life, doesn't mean you should. All the evidence is there to suggest GAME simply didn't order in a lot of stock. Deal with it.

"Console wars" doesn't just involve direct mentions of the other consoles. It also involves direct attacks on consoles that aren't your preferred ones.

Only console warriors bring in things like "Wii U is selling poorly" in a discussion about a game. And I'm sorry, but the only evidence we have regarding GAME is the fact that it's sold out. To go from there to "all the evidence" claiming they "didn't order in a lot of stock" is another example of console war attitudes. There is NO evidence of any sort. All we have is "it's in stock in retailer X" and "it's not in stock in retailer Y". This tells us NOTHING.

The fact of the matter is, you didn't provide anything specific to support the claim that GAME ordered only a small amount of stock of it, and yet you still insist that no other scenario is worthy of consideration. This makes you either ignorant, an anti-fanboy, or a troll. Take your pick. Note the difference with MikeRox's posts, where he at least provides some level of justification for his thinking that doesn't amount to "Wii U sucks".

 

User was warned for this post.

yo_john117



Aielyn said:
Seece said:
Console wars? wat console wars? I didn't mention the others.

You can come up with multiple scenarios for most things in life, doesn't mean you should. All the evidence is there to suggest GAME simply didn't order in a lot of stock. Deal with it.

"Console wars" doesn't just involve direct mentions of the other consoles. It also involves direct attacks on consoles that aren't your preferred ones.

Only console warriors bring in things like "Wii U is selling poorly" in a discussion about a game. And I'm sorry, but the only evidence we have regarding GAME is the fact that it's sold out. To go from there to "all the evidence" claiming they "didn't order in a lot of stock" is another example of console war attitudes. There is NO evidence of any sort. All we have is "it's in stock in retailer X" and "it's not in stock in retailer Y". This tells us NOTHING.

The fact of the matter is, you didn't provide anything specific to support the claim that GAME ordered only a small amount of stock of it, and yet you still insist that no other scenario is worthy of consideration. This makes you either ignorant, an anti-fanboy, or a troll. Take your pick. Note the difference with MikeRox's posts, where he at least provides some level of justification for his thinking that doesn't amount to "Wii U sucks".

My point on Nintendo having to take back WiiU stock from Europe is console warrior?? Er no. It's painting a very accurate picture of demand and how retailers would be approaching all things WiiU with caution.

It's not my fault you can't hack that so you auto jump to 'console warrior' BS (bannable, well done.)

That was very specific. GAME had to send WiiU stock back, they will be very cautious over ordering anything WiiU until they see a real sustainable uptick.

You just can't hack the obvious here, I never said WiiU sucks, I said it has obvious doubt in the eyes of retailers. If you can't handle it, your problem.

I suggest you go read the rules if you wanna stick around.




 

MikeRox said:
GAME only hold 4.4% of the UK retail market for videogames now. You're also just looking at the website which frequently runs out of stock of products.

Just Dance 4, Wonderful 101, Wii Party U, Assassin's Creed 4, Lego City Undercover etc are also all sold out online. Along with a large number of Vita games (inc most Vita hardware bundles).

I think low stock rather than mega sales is the reason.

I can't comment too much on GAME's website and how it runs. Being Australian, I have little experience with it. Perhaps you're right on that front. Or perhaps Wii U gamers are tending to go to GAME moreso than other gamers. I honestly cannot comment to any significant degree on it.

What I can say is that JB HiFi in Australia typically keep quite a decent amount of stock, tend to be one of the more preferred retailers with regards to gaming, and are sold out of it in almost all stores. I suppose I'm somewhat extrapolating from that result in suggesting other explanations.



Seece said:
My point on Nintendo having to take back WiiU stock from Europe is console warrior?? Er no. It's painting a very accurate picture of demand and how retailers would be approaching all things WiiU with caution.

Fact: Wii U is now selling in Europe (whether it's healthy level or not, remaining retailers aren't shipping consoles back any more). What happened more than three months is COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT, except to console warriors.

Also note that the return shipments were from retailers that were ceasing sales of the Wii U entirely. This cannot explain the sales at retailers that still carry the system.

But all of that is besides the point. The Wii U stock movement is irrelevant to Wii Fit U sales. You brought it into the discussion for no other reason than because you want to invoke the console war arguments. Now, if you have nothing substantial to contribute to the discussion, kindly leave the discussion.



Here in NZ we still have the original stock on the shelves, haven't sent out any restock yet.

Seems to be bombing.