Quantcast
So yeah, I think Remedy will beg Microsoft to put Quantum Break on PC

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - So yeah, I think Remedy will beg Microsoft to put Quantum Break on PC

Tagged games:

Do you think Quantum Break will make it to PC

Yes indeedly-doodely. Yeseeriee bob! 47 41.96%
 
F*** that! Don't you kno... 50 44.64%
 
PC gamer party!!!! Hell y... 15 13.39%
 
Total:112

Not sure about that... Alan wake is a remedy owned IP while QB is owned by MS... That time around the decision will be MS's only... And will all depend on what they want to do with the franchise/concept and how well it sells... But in any case waiting 2 years for such a game to be ported is not worth the wait for me even with twice the graphic quality it wouldn't make up for the wait... It's like watching a hyped tv show 2 years after the finale when nobody cares about it...



Around the Network

I dont know why it would be such a hurdle, titanfall will be on pc. Unless the corporate bureaucracy is causing the headaches with red tape and 1000 worthless meetings.



 

JEMC said:
Puppyroach said:
Aren't MS treating PC as one of their platforms, besides, console and smartphone? MS, Sony and Nintendo makes the most revenue from software, not hardware. Therefore MS has the added benefit of having PC as one of their primary platforms as well. They haven't had the focus on PC that they should have had the last couple of years, but I feel this has changed with W8. More XBox games in PC please! :)

That's the problem, that they don't. Microsoft sees the PC as a competitor of consoles and won't launch its exclusives for it.

Just think about it: Gears of War was an Xbox360 and PC game. What happened with the rest? Only Xbox360. Forza? Halo 3, ODST, Wars, Anniversary, Reach and 4? Crackdown 1 and 2? Rare games or the Japanese RPGs they bought? Etc.

Agreed, but I think this has started to change with W8, seeing as they have based X1 partially on W8, released a Halo game (albeit an arcade experience) on W8 before X360 or X1.

MS has always had a big presence on PC, but I think they have chosen to have different games on different platforms before. This is probably changing now, although far from all games will be on both platforms.



Mr Puggsly said:
pokoko said:
Well, the situation with Alan Wake was a big black-eye for Remedy. A LOT of fans were pissed off over that. It was one of my most anticipated games but then, bam, "sorry, it's not coming to PC after all." It did eventually but, you know, I never did pick it up.


MS took the blame for that.

In the end, more people probably played it on the PC than Xbox.


The real issue for a game like Alan Wake was piracy. It was the most pirated Xbox 360 game of the year 2010, which is just sad.


1.14 million illegal downloads in 8 months + 1.24 million retail sales according to VGC + x.x million digital versions of Alan Wake, which was bundled.

 

 

Anyway, it MIGHT happen, but I would not be that sure. I read this stuff for Titanfall and the PS4 before.
This time MS owns the Quantum Break IP and not Remedy and IF it is on PC, it will be for Microsoft Windows anyway.



There once was a great sig here, but it got killed.

A moment of silence would be appreciated.

Offcourse it will. Just not on PS4, which is all MS (and Xbox fans) care about.

We can have a game that is X1, 360, PC, WiiU, and we will still treat it with the respect a exclusive normally gets from fans.

Make Quantum Break sell for a year on X1 and when the sales dip off, sell even more on PC. It is win-win.



___________

Older and wiser. Still bias and proud though ;)

Around the Network
Puppyroach said:
Aren't MS treating PC as one of their platforms, besides, console and smartphone? MS, Sony and Nintendo makes the most revenue from software, not hardware. Therefore MS has the added benefit of having PC as one of their primary platforms as well. They haven't had the focus on PC that they should have had the last couple of years, but I feel this has changed with W8. More XBox games in PC please! :)


Once they found out they couldn't swindle PC gamers with WIndows Live its like they haven't given two shits what PC gamers think to tell you the truth. They like to wrap the games they publish around their online services. Windows Live failed early seventh gen.



endimion said:
Not sure about that... Alan wake is a remedy owned IP while QB is owned by MS... That time around the decision will be MS's only... And will all depend on what they want to do with the franchise/concept and how well it sells... But in any case waiting 2 years for such a game to be ported is not worth the wait for me even with twice the graphic quality it wouldn't make up for the wait... It's like watching a hyped tv show 2 years after the finale when nobody cares about it...


I dunno bro, a lot of people like Netflix and having shows prepared on demand these days. Acting like Quantum Break will be the end all be all is pretty crazy. Remedy never really pushes the envelope that far. Hopefully they do, but I doubt anything they do will stop it from being able to get integrated to PC.



sales2099 said:
Offcourse it will. Just not on PS4, which is all MS (and Xbox fans) care about.

We can have a game that is X1, 360, PC, WiiU, and we will still treat it with the respect a exclusive normally gets from fans.

Make Quantum Break sell for a year on X1 and when the sales dip off, sell even more on PC. It is win-win.


LOL at least you admit it. 



S.T.A.G.E. said:
sales2099 said:
Offcourse it will. Just not on PS4, which is all MS (and Xbox fans) care about.

We can have a game that is X1, 360, PC, WiiU, and we will still treat it with the respect a exclusive normally gets from fans.

Make Quantum Break sell for a year on X1 and when the sales dip off, sell even more on PC. It is win-win.


LOL at least you admit it. 

It just makes sense



___________

Older and wiser. Still bias and proud though ;)

If the scenerio was like previous gen then we might have seen quantum break in pc. But they are quite serious about the exclusive war. So I dont think quantum break will come to pc.