Quantcast
Sessler: Nintendo needs to change controller for Wii U to succeed

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sessler: Nintendo needs to change controller for Wii U to succeed

Yeah ditching the Wii Mote was stupid. There is not much they can do now though.



"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Around the Network

they should start selling wiiu with the pro controller not the gametap. and bundle the tab with 10 retrogames so its usefull for people even if they dont like the new gametab dependend games. nintendo has so many sve, childfriendly retrogames, they have to market the tab as a save device where the little brother can play with while the oler kids are playing on the tv. and get some crossplattform action with the old ports, lvl u beat at supermario world open bonus lvl in supermario 3d world, etc.



oniyide said:
curl-6 said:
oniyide said:

you and i have a very different defintion of casual. im talking Just Dance, Wii Sports stuff like none the few games that were on PS1 and 2 played no factor. Those games you listed were more core. 

Casual to me is more a play style; the ability for a game to be easily picked up and played by someone without much background in gaming, the kind of game played at parties by people who don't really game in their own time. Tekken, for example can be very core, but it can also be very casual, with a couple of guys who've never owned a console button mashing their way through a match.

you can say that about just any game. you wont win button mashing in Tekken, unless the opponent himself sucks bad example IMHO. where as say Just Dance you dont even have to actually dance to win.

You can button mash your way to victory in Tekken, I've done it many times. Sure, it won't work if your opponent is an expert, but most players are not experts.



Jumpin said:
Just Dance isn't a casual game, it's a party game.

Casual games are specifically games that have short play sessions of usually 1-5 minutes and long term consequences: Brain Age, Candy Crush Saga, and Clash of Clans are a few good examples.


a dance song lasts five minutes or less. but i like your examples anyway, it makes alot more sense than what curl-6 was talking about.



curl-6 said:
oniyide said:
curl-6 said:
oniyide said:

you and i have a very different defintion of casual. im talking Just Dance, Wii Sports stuff like none the few games that were on PS1 and 2 played no factor. Those games you listed were more core. 

Casual to me is more a play style; the ability for a game to be easily picked up and played by someone without much background in gaming, the kind of game played at parties by people who don't really game in their own time. Tekken, for example can be very core, but it can also be very casual, with a couple of guys who've never owned a console button mashing their way through a match.

you can say that about just any game. you wont win button mashing in Tekken, unless the opponent himself sucks bad example IMHO. where as say Just Dance you dont even have to actually dance to win.

You can button mash your way to victory in Tekken, I've done it many times. Sure, it won't work if your opponent is an expert, but most players are not experts.

 
like i said you've been playing agaisnt crap people. Try that online with anyone who has a decent rank



Around the Network
Anfebious said:
Yeah ditching the Wii Mote was stupid. There is not much they can do now though.


Wii U uses the wii mote. nothing was ditched.



oniyide said:
Anfebious said:
Yeah ditching the Wii Mote was stupid. There is not much they can do now though.


Wii U uses the wii mote. nothing was ditched.

I know it uses the Wii Mote. But it's no longer the main controller, emphasis was put on the gamepad and that is where the error lies.



"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

oniyide said:
curl-6 said:

You can button mash your way to victory in Tekken, I've done it many times. Sure, it won't work if your opponent is an expert, but most players are not experts.

 
like i said you've been playing agaisnt crap people. Try that online with anyone who has a decent rank

There was no online back on the PS1. ;)



Anfebious said:
oniyide said:
Anfebious said:
Yeah ditching the Wii Mote was stupid. There is not much they can do now though.


Wii U uses the wii mote. nothing was ditched.

I know it uses the Wii Mote. But it's no longer the main controller, emphasis was put on the gamepad and that is where the error lies.

that doesnt mean they ditched it that just means they pushed it to the side. Whether its an error is or not is up for debate.



curl-6 said:
oniyide said:
curl-6 said:

You can button mash your way to victory in Tekken, I've done it many times. Sure, it won't work if your opponent is an expert, but most players are not experts.

 
like i said you've been playing agaisnt crap people. Try that online with anyone who has a decent rank

There was no online back on the PS1. ;)

fair enough, to be fair it was alot easier to button mash in the original. you couldnt even move side to side. that crap dont fly in the recent games.