Quantcast
Vita to be the best-selling handheld in Japan in 2014 ?

Forums - Sales Discussion - Vita to be the best-selling handheld in Japan in 2014 ?

What do you think ?

I couldn't agree more 54 7.75%
 
It'll do good but won't be best-selling 151 21.66%
 
no just no. 262 37.59%
 
Trololol, Nintendomination !! 230 33.00%
 
Total:697

LoL. Vita's a dud. It has a better chance being discontinued than it does outselling the 3DS.



Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:


If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

Around the Network

No.



Click HERE and be happy 

SnowPrince said:
Concluding, i predict 4 - 4.5Mil Vitas sold during 2014.

Am i nuts ? thoughts..

Vita in 2012: 670k

Vita in 2013: 1.14 million to date (Week 51)

Vita in 2014, 4-4.5 million? Really?

I do think you're nuts with that prediction. Especially given that the first game you've listed as evidence of a strong lineup for Japan is "GR2", which I assume is Gravity Rush 2 - a sequel to a game that sold about 90,000 copies in Japan, on the PS Vita. And while Monster Hunter might help the system to sell a little more strongly, the problem arises that the "main" Monster Hunter games are now on 3DS, where it's selling well, and the new Vita game has already been released on Windows, Xbox 360, PS3, and Wii U.

J-Stars Victory VS (I assume that's what you meant) is also on PS3, which has a much higher install base in Japan than the Vita, so it's not likely to drive sales. And as with Gravity Rush, Soul Sacrifice is already on the Vita, and didn't sell nearly enough to result in such a large result in 2014 with the sequel.

I do think Vita will do better in 2014 than 2013. But I see nothing releasing for the system that would come even close to driving sales of the system as high as 4 million units. And the 3DS isn't anywhere near saturation - the Gameboy and the DS each sold around 33 million in Japan, and the PSP sold about 20 million. If 3DS sales are down YOY, it's because, of the top seven 3DS titles in Japan, five were released in 2011 or 2012, and 15 out of the top 20 were released in 2011 or 2012. Meanwhile, we don't know all that much about the 3DS's 2014 lineup, so predicting its performance is difficult... but I don't see it dropping below about 3.5 million, a number that I can't see PSV achieving, given the aforementioned comments on its known lineup.

So unless there's some major unannounced PSV titles that will sell hugely in Japan, I just don't see it being the best-selling handheld for 2014.



This could happen. When you think about it, all f the big hitters have already come out for 3ds,(animal crossing, 3d/2d mario, mario kart, zelda, pokemon etc). Sure the 3ds will get more zelda and pokemon games but they probably won't cause massive hardware sales because most of the fanbases have already gotten a 3ds for those games. I can see the 3ds lineup for the rest of it's lifetime being similar to the ds library.



That's just comical.

Never PS2 nor PSP did one year at 4 millions even in their best years, and now the Vita is going to do it, eventhough it's pretty much dead in Japan?

The Vita is pulling awful numbers for christmas, eventhough it had new models, it had god eater 2 and it had price cut.

Vita is dead and Wii U will probably sell better than it in 2014. Thinking it will beat 3DS is just pure denial or lack of knowledge.



Around the Network
Lawlight said:
tbone51 said:

Im nitpicking? I just said your comment was wrong. If 3DS sales are low than so are WiiU's/Vita's/X1/X360/PS3/PS4 lmao. Your hate towards nintendo shows no stop

If you think 10mil+ in NoA and 10mil+ in Europe are low in less than 3 years your obviously trolling or just delusional


The 3DS can only dream of reaching PS3/360 and later PS4 numbers. Btw, is our Pokemon bet still ongoing or you capitulated already?

im not the guy you betting lol, and tht bet was 12mil lifetime which pokemon is way over 8mil by Dec 22nd. Your going to lose that bet with him. Also 3DS dream of reachng 80mil+??? You keep dreaming that lol



Playstationfan12 said:
This could happen. When you think about it, all f the big hitters have already come out for 3ds,(animal crossing, 3d/2d mario, mario kart, zelda, pokemon etc). Sure the 3ds will get more zelda and pokemon games but they probably won't cause massive hardware sales because most of the fanbases have already gotten a 3ds for those games. I can see the 3ds lineup for the rest of it's lifetime being similar to the ds library.


even though your right (massive hitters came out), there are still tons of games to keep 3DS afloat for another 3-4 years. Its nt going to sell less than 3mil in 2014. 3DS still sells great even without the MH4/PokemonXY/AC massive boost. Vita this year had lots of major factors in sales this year...

1.Major Price Drop with huge IP releases in March to coincide with it! (SS/PS/etc)

2. Huge Sellers (not MH/DQ but still big games)

3. Cheaper Model Release (Vita 2000)

4. Vita TV (which they combine for total sales for vita)

5. Vita wont have all these except maybe a price drop (a small one) in 2014

Vita had its huge year already and couldn't manage 1.5mil. Its not passing 3mil in fact 2.5mil is a stretch! (even with great games such as GR2)

3DS brought out software this year, it hasn't gotten a price cut since its first year (2011) and it doesn't have the 2DS release yet! 3DS wont go down by 50% Year to Year. the lowest it will have is 3mil.

Vita has no chance to beat 3DS in the next 2 years unless nintendo just kills it off (which wont happen)

3DS has games next year. Lots of big games. SSB/Kirby/DQ (terry land 2)/CX/Fossil Fighters/PersonaQ/Mario Party/etc.

Also PDZ+LoZ will carry momentum into 2014 as PDZ+LoZ released right before 2014. vita has GE2 which doesn't even sell 15k a weekduring hoolidays so there is no momentum as shown for Vita (well FFX can so theres tht)



Aielyn said:

I do think Vita will do better in 2014 than 2013. But I see nothing releasing for the system that would come even close to driving sales of the system as high as 4 million units. And the 3DS isn't anywhere near saturation - the Gameboy and the DS each sold around 33 million in Japan, and the PSP sold about 20 million. If 3DS sales are down YOY, it's because, of the top seven 3DS titles in Japan, five were released in 2011 or 2012, and 15 out of the top 20 were released in 2011 or 2012. Meanwhile, we don't know all that much about the 3DS's 2014 lineup, so predicting its performance is difficult... but I don't see it dropping below about 3.5 million, a number that I can't see PSV achieving, given the aforementioned comments on its known lineup.

So unless there's some major unannounced PSV titles that will sell hugely in Japan, I just don't see it being the best-selling handheld for 2014.

I wasn't following Console sales before, but how did PSP manage to sell those 20M ? and why can't vita do samen when 3DS is going on the same pace as DS ?



It should do amazing in Japan, but it's hard to say if it will beat 3DS overall. It should be very close though



Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

SnowPrince said:
Aielyn said:

I do think Vita will do better in 2014 than 2013. But I see nothing releasing for the system that would come even close to driving sales of the system as high as 4 million units. And the 3DS isn't anywhere near saturation - the Gameboy and the DS each sold around 33 million in Japan, and the PSP sold about 20 million. If 3DS sales are down YOY, it's because, of the top seven 3DS titles in Japan, five were released in 2011 or 2012, and 15 out of the top 20 were released in 2011 or 2012. Meanwhile, we don't know all that much about the 3DS's 2014 lineup, so predicting its performance is difficult... but I don't see it dropping below about 3.5 million, a number that I can't see PSV achieving, given the aforementioned comments on its known lineup.

So unless there's some major unannounced PSV titles that will sell hugely in Japan, I just don't see it being the best-selling handheld for 2014.

I wasn't following Console sales before, but how did PSP manage to sell those 20M ? and why can't vita do samen when 3DS is going on the same pace as DS ?

smartphones killed VITA. PSP launched at a time when it wa a pretty handy portable media player compared to anything else outthere. Now smartphones do all that.