Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The 90's Arcade Racer

New video update which shows off some of the in game environments, i think it's looking fantastic. WiiU is going to have quite a pick of games in the racing genre to satisfy racing fans, with this, MK8, Project Cars, All-Star Racing and Fast Racing Neo, here's the link http://n4g.com/news/1403962/the-90s-arcade-racer-new-video-shows-off-the-games-environments



I FEEL ASHAMED I NEVER CONTINUED TO SUPPORT SEGA AND HELPED IN THEIR HARDWARE DEMISE, NINTENDO SAVED ME AND WILL CONTINUE TO SUPPORT A REAL VIDEO GAMES COMPANY!

Around the Network
Had my eye on this for a while, I love the way it recaptures the style of classic arcade racers like Sega Rally.

I'll be buying this, Mario Kart 8, and FAST Racing Neo.

Looks great, reminds me of Super GT.



Recently Completed: Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell for 360 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Destiny: Rise of Iron for X1 (3/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Destiny: Taken King for X1 (3/5) - Street Fighter V (General Story) for PS4 (3/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:

Looks great, reminds me of Super GT.

What is this beauty?

Just looked it up. They never made a console version, is that right? Looks like an awesome game.



I used to have Ridge Racer Revolution on the PS1, i loved that game and it's wacky music lol, wonder what type of music they will go for in this game.

I FEEL ASHAMED I NEVER CONTINUED TO SUPPORT SEGA AND HELPED IN THEIR HARDWARE DEMISE, NINTENDO SAVED ME AND WILL CONTINUE TO SUPPORT A REAL VIDEO GAMES COMPANY!

Veknoid_Outcast said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Looks great, reminds me of Super GT.

...

What is this beauty?

Just looked it up. They never made a console version, is that right? Looks like an awesome game.


Nay, no console port. It would have been an easy port as well considering the arcade machine is basically a Dreamcast.

This game does appear to be almost perfectly emulated. That video is from an emulator.



Recently Completed: Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell for 360 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Destiny: Rise of Iron for X1 (3/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Destiny: Taken King for X1 (3/5) - Street Fighter V (General Story) for PS4 (3/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

How about some music like this in the game lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYcXaoUTBSQ

I FEEL ASHAMED I NEVER CONTINUED TO SUPPORT SEGA AND HELPED IN THEIR HARDWARE DEMISE, NINTENDO SAVED ME AND WILL CONTINUE TO SUPPORT A REAL VIDEO GAMES COMPANY!

I'm gonna be all over this game.

Mr Puggsly said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Looks great, reminds me of Super GT.

...

What is this beauty?

Just looked it up. They never made a console version, is that right? Looks like an awesome game.


Nay, no console port. It would have been an easy port as well considering the arcade machine is basically a Dreamcast.

This game does appear to be almost perfectly emulated. That video is from an emulator.


No, it wasn't. Scud Race was an Model 3, which was a PPC architecture, so it woudln't have been an easy port.

But man, I remeber the 90's... I spend so much money on Daytona USA, Sega Rally and Scud Race back then... Of course I bought the Saturn in the 90's and played the hell out of Daytona and the very good port of Sega Rally!

 

On-Topic: Game looks awesome! Great music, nice environments! Add some songs like Daytona did! :D



Around the Network
walsufnir said:


No, it wasn't. Scud Race was an Model 3, which was a PPC architecture, so it woudln't have been an easy port.

But man, I remeber the 90's... I spend so much money on Daytona USA, Sega Rally and Scud Race back then... Of course I bought the Saturn in the 90's and played the hell out of Daytona and the very good port of Sega Rally!

 

On-Topic: Game looks awesome! Great music, nice environments! Add some songs like Daytona did! :D

Well I'm no expert on the subject, but it appears the Model 3 and Naomi board were pretty similar. Both used RISC arcitecture. The Naomi board and Dreamcast share the same CPU and GPU.

Several Model 3 games were ported to the Dreamcast so it must not have been very difficult to do. Eitherway, Sega put a lot of driving games on the Dreamcast. Maybe they felt other driving games were stronger than Super GT.



Recently Completed: Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell for 360 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Destiny: Rise of Iron for X1 (3/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Destiny: Taken King for X1 (3/5) - Street Fighter V (General Story) for PS4 (3/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)