Quantcast
PS4 Black Friday Bundle Outsells Xbox One Equivalent Soundly at GameStop; Ranked 2nd and 7th

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 Black Friday Bundle Outsells Xbox One Equivalent Soundly at GameStop; Ranked 2nd and 7th

tuscaniman99 said:
Serious_frusting said:
Its to be expected. The PS4 is vastly more popularthan the xbone.


Not in the US

It sure is possible this gen it will be, at least more popular. Obviously not much MS can do in japan and europe.



Around the Network
Panicnausia said:
tuscaniman99 said:
Serious_frusting said:
Its to be expected. The PS4 is vastly more popularthan the xbone.


Not in the US

It sure is possible this gen it will be, at least more popular. Obviously not much MS can do in japan and europe.

If MS doesn't drop the price then yes PS4 will be more popular. If MS matches the PS4 price then it will lead US by end of 2014 with Titanfall and Halo providing the boost.



tuscaniman99 said:
Panicnausia said:
tuscaniman99 said:
Serious_frusting said:
Its to be expected. The PS4 is vastly more popularthan the xbone.


Not in the US

It sure is possible this gen it will be, at least more popular. Obviously not much MS can do in japan and europe.

If MS doesn't drop the price then yes PS4 will be more popular. If MS matches the PS4 price then it will lead US by end of 2014 with Titanfall and Halo providing the boost.

Debateable. Sony has games coming out 2014 that will also provide a boost.... It takes more then 1-2 games to provide sustained momentum.



Panicnausia said:
tuscaniman99 said:
Panicnausia said:
tuscaniman99 said:
Serious_frusting said:
Its to be expected. The PS4 is vastly more popularthan the xbone.


Not in the US

It sure is possible this gen it will be, at least more popular. Obviously not much MS can do in japan and europe.

If MS doesn't drop the price then yes PS4 will be more popular. If MS matches the PS4 price then it will lead US by end of 2014 with Titanfall and Halo providing the boost.

Debateable. Sony has games coming out 2014 that will also provide a boost.... It takes more then 1-2 games to provide sustained momentum.

Uncharted will provide a boost. Infamous and 1886 will not be console sellers. Titanfall will be huge and so will Halo. If Halo even has half the effect that Halo 3 had on Xbox 360 then it will be a huge boost. Honestly PS4's biggest console seller will probably be Destiny which is a multiplat.



Panicnausia said:
justinian said:
I keep hearing both consoles are sold out in NA yet for some reason they still keep selling. Was the stock magically replenished today?


Stock replenished for black friday...................

But I wonder how much. I went to walmart, gamestop, target and shopko and couldn't find a ps4. Didn't see a xbox one either.



Around the Network
tuscaniman99 said:
Panicnausia said:
tuscaniman99 said:
Panicnausia said:
tuscaniman99 said:
Serious_frusting said:
Its to be expected. The PS4 is vastly more popularthan the xbone.


Not in the US

It sure is possible this gen it will be, at least more popular. Obviously not much MS can do in japan and europe.

If MS doesn't drop the price then yes PS4 will be more popular. If MS matches the PS4 price then it will lead US by end of 2014 with Titanfall and Halo providing the boost.

Debateable. Sony has games coming out 2014 that will also provide a boost.... It takes more then 1-2 games to provide sustained momentum.

Uncharted will provide a boost. Infamous and 1886 will not be console sellers. Titanfall will be huge and so will Halo. If Halo even has half the effect that Halo 3 had on Xbox 360 then it will be a huge boost. Honestly PS4's biggest console seller will probably be Destiny which is a multiplat.

A tonne of people are waiting on Infamous to get a PS4, the hype is big for infamous. I think you will be surprised. Ore-orders are on par with titanfall. Many are content with multiplats anyway, they both have 90% of the same games. Most will run and look btter on PS4.



Panicnausia said:
tuscaniman99 said:
Panicnausia said:
tuscaniman99 said:
Panicnausia said:
tuscaniman99 said:
Serious_frusting said:
Its to be expected. The PS4 is vastly more popularthan the xbone.


Not in the US

It sure is possible this gen it will be, at least more popular. Obviously not much MS can do in japan and europe.

If MS doesn't drop the price then yes PS4 will be more popular. If MS matches the PS4 price then it will lead US by end of 2014 with Titanfall and Halo providing the boost.

Debateable. Sony has games coming out 2014 that will also provide a boost.... It takes more then 1-2 games to provide sustained momentum.

Uncharted will provide a boost. Infamous and 1886 will not be console sellers. Titanfall will be huge and so will Halo. If Halo even has half the effect that Halo 3 had on Xbox 360 then it will be a huge boost. Honestly PS4's biggest console seller will probably be Destiny which is a multiplat.

A tonne of people are waiting on Infamous to get a PS4, the hype is big for infamous. I think you will be surprised. Ore-orders are on par with titanfall. Many are content with multiplats anyway, they both have 90% of the same games. Most will run and look btter on PS4.

Almost every single game ran better on Xbox 360 than PS3 and PS3 still sold a ton of third party software. It will not make that big of a difference. Secondly a lot of people who are waiting for Infamous to buy a PS4 are playstation gamers. 360 gamers aren't jumping ship for Infamous. Titanfall preorders will explode in a month or so. Most likely after they announce a beta next week at VGX. Titanfall is the next COD.



crissindahouse said:

surprising that sony shipped more to gamestop as microsoft did (well, i just think both sold all available units but sony shipped more) when they also have the european launch.

i wonder if sony really just downplayed their real aim and said they expect to ship 5m till end of march to "surprise investors" when they can produce so many units. they obviously knew that they can easily sell so many when they produce so many so that it was only a question of how many they will produce.


Its been known Sony outshipped Microsoft. It's half the reason they aren't shipping in Japan and some other areas first. The highest frontloaded sales come from the west so the west is first priority right now.



kowenicki said:
xbox 360 killin'


Not in my neighborhood at 130 every ps4 ps3 were sold out at my local target GameStop and best buy. There was a couple xbone left but I think they were being held however there was tons on 360s everywhere. Now 360 versions of cod were selling well though. 



jlmurph2 said:
ethomaz said:

jlmurph2 said:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=173358

Two Walmarts store and one of them received more PS4 than Xbone.

Two Walmarts, 24 X1, 11 PS4

The general theme of bf has been ms shipped more than sony.  Most walmarts, targets, and bestbuys seem to have reported this.  Although demand defintely seems to be higher for the ps4, with both consoles still selling out.

 

anyone have thoughts on bf shipments

 

im predicting 2:1 ratio xbone to ps4