Quantcast
Should we be umimpressed with XB1's 1 million sales, or super amazed with PS4 sales?

Forums - Sales Discussion - Should we be umimpressed with XB1's 1 million sales, or super amazed with PS4 sales?

Tagged games:

ItNetPro said:
DialgaMarine said:
Capulous said:
They are the same. If MS decided to launch in NA only, they would still sell over a million. It's all limited by stock for both companies right now.

 I somehow doubt that. You're basically implying that M$ produced an almost identical ammount to Sony overall, but just divided it up a lot more. I'm 99% sure they shipped the same ammount of units throughout the US as Sony, if not more, seeing as that's their strongest region (or used to be...). They just didn't sell more becuase there's less interest in the XBone in that region than the PS4. Just wait for the PS4 to release in the rest of it's regions, and it's going to skyrocket past XBone, even though it's probably done that already.



Ok so this is great news for me! I was able to pick up my PS4 at 12:30AM at my Local Best Buy. Figuring it would be just as easy I showed up at the same Best Buy on Xbox One release night 12:30 and they did not have any Xbox One's left! So then the next morning I called around to 3 GameSops, Looked on website at all the local Best Buys, Walmart, Target and KMart and could not find a single Xbox One left. If you logic is correct then there should be an Xbox One or as U like to call it XBone somewhere sitting on a shelf I can buy. If you would I would appreciate if you could take a look in the Chester County PA area and FIND ONE FOR ME! 

I appreciate your education on how there are more Xbox Ones sitting on shelves waiting to buy. Let me know when you find it somewhere, I will run out to that local store and pick it up.

 At what point in my comment did I say that the XBone didn't sell out anywhere? Did you ever consider that M$ sent fewer XBones out to retailers to match the lower deamnd, and attempt to make it seem like higher demand? My local gamestop was sold out of PS4 after the midnight launch. That same Gamestop still had some late into Friday, but only if one was willing to spend near $1000 for some bundle. 





0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

Around the Network
Dark_Feanor said:
Max King of the Wild said:
Dark_Feanor said:


They don´t have 3mi to sell before Christmass. They probably don´t have 2mi untill next week.

If they waste all PS4 suppply at smaller markets they are screwed.

There is no magic tree ripped with PS4 to pick and a magic supplay chain ready to delivere then to every custumer that wants it.

it is a lot harder and takes more time to plan and deliver for 30 countries than it is for 1. If you think Sony couldnt have just included a crapload more units if they decided to concentrate on 1 market then you are flat out wrong. 


Yes, and that is because countries in South America and  some in Europe will reciave only a small supply of token unities.

And there is the marketing and advertising to go arround also. 

And no, I don´t think Sony could have sold more than 1mi in NA day one. That is the hardcore market. And it was the easy part. IS the Europe hardcore market 1mi also? Will Sony sacrifice NA blackfriday for it?

I have my doubts Sony will sell much more than 500K next friday in Europe.

I said it before: day one is not important. It´s just a marketing tool to get people atention and debate.


You said a post before that Sony could sell 3M if they had stock, and then say they couldn't sell more than 1M... please decide yourself.



duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Dark_Feanor said:
Max King of the Wild said:
thismeintiel said:
The One had a really good launch. It's just going to be completely dwarfed by the PS4 when we get its EU numbers.

To those saying they are the same because MS would have sold 1M if it only launched in NA, that's a silly comparison. If Sony relocated all of their supply to NA, instead of launching in 20+ other countries next week, they probably would have sold ~3M.


This. So much this


They don´t have 3mi to sell before Christmass. They probably don´t have 2mi untill next week.

If they waste all PS4 suppply at smaller markets they are screwed.

There is no magic tree ripped with PS4 to pick and a magic supplay chain ready to delivere then to every custumer that wants it.

Lol, you completely missed the point.  People are acting as if the launches are basically the same, saying that if the One only launched in NA, like the PS4, it would have also sold 1M+ there.  That's a ridiculous statement, since if Sony launched only in NA this year, too, they could have sold ~3M.  I mean, you don't think Sony just made and shipped ~1.5M-2M around the world in the past week, do you?  I hope not.  In truth, EU's PS4s have probably been there for a week or so.



DonFerrari said:
Dark_Feanor said:
Max King of the Wild said:
Dark_Feanor said:


They don´t have 3mi to sell before Christmass. They probably don´t have 2mi untill next week.

If they waste all PS4 suppply at smaller markets they are screwed.

There is no magic tree ripped with PS4 to pick and a magic supplay chain ready to delivere then to every custumer that wants it.

it is a lot harder and takes more time to plan and deliver for 30 countries than it is for 1. If you think Sony couldnt have just included a crapload more units if they decided to concentrate on 1 market then you are flat out wrong. 


Yes, and that is because countries in South America and  some in Europe will reciave only a small supply of token unities.

And there is the marketing and advertising to go arround also. 

And no, I don´t think Sony could have sold more than 1mi in NA day one. That is the hardcore market. And it was the easy part. IS the Europe hardcore market 1mi also? Will Sony sacrifice NA blackfriday for it?

I have my doubts Sony will sell much more than 500K next friday in Europe.

I said it before: day one is not important. It´s just a marketing tool to get people atention and debate.


You said a post before that Sony could sell 3M if they had stock, and then say they couldn't sell more than 1M... please decide yourself.


IF they had 3mi they would sell 3mi in two or three weeks.

I think a safe number is 2mi (2,5mi if you are realy optmistic) and Sony has to feed the NA market for BF and prepare fo Christmass WW.

So, how much is left fo Europe day one?

I don´t recall if Sony estimative of 5mi until March takes into account the Japanease launch. Any way, I´m using the Michael Pachter model of 1mi units for month, production starting in september.

1mi day one NA 

1mi day one EU  

1,5mi hollydays NA 

1,5mi hollydays EU 

500k Japan 

1mi rest of the world hollydays

So, unless Sony is underestimating their potential, that´s the reason why I belive Sony won´t give "second tier" countries that many units as some here belive.

That is what we will have.

1mi day on NA

700k day one EU

1,2mi hollydays NA

800mi hollydays EU

500k Japan day one

300k rest of the world



Dark_Feanor said:
DonFerrari said:
Dark_Feanor said:
Max King of the Wild said:
Dark_Feanor said:


They don´t have 3mi to sell before Christmass. They probably don´t have 2mi untill next week.

If they waste all PS4 suppply at smaller markets they are screwed.

There is no magic tree ripped with PS4 to pick and a magic supplay chain ready to delivere then to every custumer that wants it.

it is a lot harder and takes more time to plan and deliver for 30 countries than it is for 1. If you think Sony couldnt have just included a crapload more units if they decided to concentrate on 1 market then you are flat out wrong. 


Yes, and that is because countries in South America and  some in Europe will reciave only a small supply of token unities.

And there is the marketing and advertising to go arround also. 

And no, I don´t think Sony could have sold more than 1mi in NA day one. That is the hardcore market. And it was the easy part. IS the Europe hardcore market 1mi also? Will Sony sacrifice NA blackfriday for it?

I have my doubts Sony will sell much more than 500K next friday in Europe.

I said it before: day one is not important. It´s just a marketing tool to get people atention and debate.


You said a post before that Sony could sell 3M if they had stock, and then say they couldn't sell more than 1M... please decide yourself.


IF they had 3mi they would sell 3mi in two or three weeks.

I think a safe number is 2mi (2,5mi if you are realy optmistic) and Sony has to feed the NA market for BF and prepare fo Christmass WW.

So, how much is left fo Europe day one?

I don´t recall if Sony estimative of 5mi until March takes into account the Japanease launch. Any way, I´m using the Michael Pachter model of 1mi units for month, production starting in september.

1mi day one NA 

1mi day one EU  

1,5mi hollydays NA 

1,5mi hollydays EU 

500k Japan 

1mi rest of the world hollydays

So, unless Sony is underestimating their potential, that´s the reason why I belive Sony won´t give "second tier" countries that many units as some here belive.

That is what we will have.

1mi day on NA

700k day one EU

1,2mi hollydays NA

800mi hollydays EU

500k Japan day one

300k rest of the world

About second tier country you are right (I don't see them sending more than 10k here for launch or more than 50k for the first year mainly because of the price)... And I believe they were being conservative on their figures... it will be between 5 to 10M by March (probably more like 7M)... And I kind of agree with the general fell of your numbers... but still there is some confusion between your suposition about 1M to 3M launch in NA alone (WW would be possible to do it), 3M day one could be farfetched (maybe mainly because of store capacites) but not impossible... But certainly they wouldn't take more than 1 Month to sell everything (maybe in BF they could sell all of it).

And I think they have/had 2M~2.5M ready by the time of the NA launch but decided to ship around 1M (maybe your 800k) to europe and the rest would be decided for after launch analysis (but they will mostly certain replenish NA for BF).



duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Around the Network

We should be impressed with both companies. They have delivered more consoles to the customers than any launch prior. They have different business plans and so far are executing them succesfully.



 

My Real Redneck friends


DialgaMarine said:
Capulous said:
They are the same. If MS decided to launch in NA only, they would still sell over a million. It's all limited by stock for both companies right now.

 I somehow doubt that. You're basically implying that M$ produced an almost identical ammount to Sony overall, but just divided it up a lot more. I'm 99% sure they shipped the same ammount of units throughout the US as Sony, if not more, seeing as that's their strongest region (or used to be...). They just didn't sell more becuase there's less interest in the XBone in that region than the PS4. Just wait for the PS4 to release in the rest of it's regions, and it's going to skyrocket past XBone, even though it's probably done that already.

I'm sure you doubt it; how do you explain the difficulty of finding an Xbox One console now?  If it is as you say, there should be over a hundred thousand on shelves and in stock. The PS has always had a stronger brand recognition and following due to it being around longer. It sells better overall in Europe and in Japan; it is expected to lead worldwide. However, launch numbers are supply constrained.



Capulous said:
DialgaMarine said:
Capulous said:
They are the same. If MS decided to launch in NA only, they would still sell over a million. It's all limited by stock for both companies right now.

 I somehow doubt that. You're basically implying that M$ produced an almost identical ammount to Sony overall, but just divided it up a lot more. I'm 99% sure they shipped the same ammount of units throughout the US as Sony, if not more, seeing as that's their strongest region (or used to be...). They just didn't sell more becuase there's less interest in the XBone in that region than the PS4. Just wait for the PS4 to release in the rest of it's regions, and it's going to skyrocket past XBone, even though it's probably done that already.

I'm sure you doubt it; how do you explain the difficulty of finding an Xbox One console now?  If it is as you say, there should be over a hundred thousand on shelves and in stock. The PS has always had a stronger brand recognition and following due to it being around longer. It sells better overall in Europe and in Japan; it is expected to lead worldwide. However, launch numbers are supply constrained.

BS, Major nelson and MS have SAID there is plenty of x1 stock available....Here most stores have multiple consoels still. MS split up their lauynch because they knew they could not match sony in NA, so they launched in 13 countries to try to make it sound like they are in as much demand.. MS sold 500-600K max and never sold out in NA.....The damand is NOT has highe for x1.

 

Fact is, if Sony launched in the same number of countries, they would have sold a lot more then MS.

 

Also wrong about PS beng around longer being relevant. Nintendo has been around way longer then both, yet wii-u is not selling much at all... Business is what have you done for me lately type of deal. Sony keeps PS relevant and strong.



Should we be umimpressed with XB1's 1 million sales, or super amazed with PS4 sales?

Don't see why we have to pick one.



I wish you were right my friend however your information is wrong. I tried again today and not a single Xbox One anywhere to be found. Hate to burst your bubble but when I went to pick up my PS4 at the Chester County, PA Best Buy at 12:30AM release night the crowed that had pre-ordered already left and there were only a few of us in the store. The store had an entire palet full of extra PS4s that were not pre-ordered right behind the customer service desk. When I arrived same time on Xbox One release there was also nobody left in the store and the crowed left. Only diff was there were no extra Xbox Ones for sale other then pre-orders. Now I'm not saying one sold better then the other or XB1 for the win. I'm simply statng my personal experiance. I assume the Best Buy simply had a higher alocation of PS4 for sale over and above their pre-orders then MS allocated. I'm also not saying that PS4s are in stock around where I live and Xbox One is not. I did not ask any of the stores if they had PS4s in stock today since I already got mne on release night. Just that THERE ARE NO XBOX ONES sitting around in any stores in my area for purchase. If you do find some anywhere in Chester County PA area please don't hesitate to post here so I can run down there and pick it up.

John