Quantcast
Nintendo gamers shouldn't care about specs anymore

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo gamers shouldn't care about specs anymore

How about it is it all about Nintendo games and not about speculate specs?

Hell yeah I'm with you i... 103 44.98%
 
Nah I love arguing with a... 20 8.73%
 
It's about the games...b... 54 23.58%
 
quality over quantity thu... 51 22.27%
 
Total:228
curl-6 said:
FrancisNobleman said:
Anyone remembers a Wii game that had big monsters like Shadow of the Colossus, and visuals similar to Okami/Yoshis Island (snes) ?

I think it was a japanese only release, but I've been trying to hunt down that game for ages now and can't remember its name.

3D or 2D?

After scavenging through countless japanese names for wii releases I finally found it.

Look at this beauty, Ougan no Kizuna, Nintendo published Wii exclusive:

 

Such an obscure and great looking game. Can somebody get this on dolphin just for the sake of some 1080p shots ?



Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Kane1389 said:
curl-6 said:
Kane1389 said:

Yes,  and metroid is by no stretch of imgaination technically or graphically impressive by the general 7th gen standard

It is very graphically impressive. Not in terms of shaders and all that crap, but in terms of the visual impact, artistic design, how pleasing it is to the eye.


''shader and all that crap'' LOL, you mean the technical specs of the game, aka the graphics, which is the theme of this thread? 

Sorry,if the game doesnt have good ''shaders and all that crap'' than it cant be considered a graphically impressive game.

This is graphically impressive

 

This isn't

 

That top game isn't impressive at all, it looks dull and bland. The bottom one, Muramasa, looks vastly superior.

Graphics = visuals, not just tech. Great tech is irrelevant if the end product doesn't look good. Metroid Prime 3 looks better than most 360 games, hence it is more  impressive.

Actually it is literally 100 times more impressive thn Muramasa in just about every possible technical aspect. Polygons, animations, lighting, textures, shaders, literally everything. Your bias is extremly strong in this one.

Graphics are strictily about visual technical aspects of the game. What you are referring to are aesthetics, which are subjective, pointless to debate about, and are not what this thread is about.



Play4Fun said:
Kane1389 said:
 


''shader and all that crap'' LOL, you mean the technical specs of the game, aka the graphics, which is the theme of this thread? 

Sorry,if the game doesnt have good ''shaders and all that crap'' than it cant be considered a graphically impressive game.

This is graphically impressive

 

This isn't

 


It's okay, man. You're just one of those people incapable of seeing how something could be impressive because all you can appreciate is the technicality of graphics and and how much hardware power it needs to run.


Which is all that matters when discussing graphics. This isnt about art style or aesthetics



se7en7thre3 said:
That's bull IMO. As a Nintendo first fan, I want the ultimate console : exclusives and top notch 3rd party multiplats. I want flexibility in my buying options. I do not want to be FORCED into buying other consoles, because of their superior multiplats. If I want to buy in for MSony's exclusives, I may or may not do so. Nintendo not competing spec wise, forces consumers to put down big money for a competing console, and the multiplat games. That money could be going into Ninty's pocket. But they are not confident enough in competing with the big boys, apparently.

IMO, the only way Ninty competes in specs again, is if one of MS/Sony bows out the console business. Honestly, even if Wii U fails, ninty is too stubborn to realize their flaw, and will just try a different approach (possibly a gaming tablet)


This man tells it like it is !



FrancisNobleman said:
Anyone remembers a Wii game that had big monsters like Shadow of the Colossus, and visuals similar to Okami/Yoshis Island (snes) ?

I think it was a japanese only release, but I've been trying to hunt down that game for ages now and can't remember its name.

Zangeki no Reginleiv (1st party published, Sandlot developed)

Or Ougon no Kizuna (Falcom, i think)

Oops, you ninja'd me



Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network
fps_d0minat0r said:
graphics do matter, its the difference between having a game running on your system or not.

If a next next next gen game launched for extremely high end PC's, I wouldnt be able to play it (luckily no-one makes those games)
If a game is made for PC/PS3/360, the wii and handhelds are not going to get them (not a respectable version anyway)
however if a game is made for low end hardware, all the more powerful devices can still play them.

it comes down to how much you want to spend and where the developers are and most people are spending on the high end consoles and thats where most the developers are too.

Graphics matter to a certain extent. I dont think it matters for XB1, its still getting the same games as the slightly more powerful ps4, just a lower resolution. wii U however wont be getting the same game so it should be worried.

for handhelds, theoretically vita can have any 3ds game but 3ds cant have every vita game.

This.



This thread remains me I need to play RE2 and SMB3.



Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile


Kane1389 said:
curl-6 said:
Kane1389 said:
curl-6 said:
Kane1389 said:

Yes,  and metroid is by no stretch of imgaination technically or graphically impressive by the general 7th gen standard

It is very graphically impressive. Not in terms of shaders and all that crap, but in terms of the visual impact, artistic design, how pleasing it is to the eye.


''shader and all that crap'' LOL, you mean the technical specs of the game, aka the graphics, which is the theme of this thread? 

Sorry,if the game doesnt have good ''shaders and all that crap'' than it cant be considered a graphically impressive game.

This is graphically impressive

 

This isn't

 

That top game isn't impressive at all, it looks dull and bland. The bottom one, Muramasa, looks vastly superior.

Graphics = visuals, not just tech. Great tech is irrelevant if the end product doesn't look good. Metroid Prime 3 looks better than most 360 games, hence it is more  impressive.

Actually it is literally 100 times more impressive thn Muramasa in just about every possible technical aspect. Polygons, animations, lighting, textures, shaders, literally everything. Your bias is extremly strong in this one.

Graphics are strictily about visual technical aspects of the game. What you are referring to are aesthetics, which are subjective, pointless to debate about, and are not what this thread is about.


Wrong...graphics to me has always been about how visually pleasing a game looks.  It involves both technical and aesthetics and therefore graphics as a whole is subjective, and pointless to debate about!!!  This thread is about how Nintendo fans should not care about the technical aspects(specs) of how a game's graphics came to fruition but instead look at the whole picture!!! Nintendo fans should just enjoy the visuals the Wii U and 3DS are able to produce as they are able to have beautiful HD graphics now (regardless of type of shadows, negligible amt of aliasing, polys, as the whole picture matters).  With this final post I have on this site I will post some Wii U games that I think (and hopefully many console fans think as well if they let their bias go) look good regardless if Wii U had the specs of a Dreamcast or whatever.  I don't care how they got it just as long as they got it!!!  I am glad to see that more than 90% of the over 200 polled are with me in terms of games mean more than any specs console have!!! To all the gamers out there I hope you enjoy all the beautiful games your Wii U, X1, PS4 has to offer and stop worshipping their specs.





MohammadBadir said:

3.Diminishing Returns, this photo sums up what i'm getting at pretty well:

combine this with the fact that the jump in power is smaller.


God I hate this image it's so fucking disingenuous.

 



@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!