Quantcast
Locked: NintenDomination - Sorry VGC, But Your Thread Is In Another Castle

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NintenDomination - Sorry VGC, But Your Thread Is In Another Castle

Rate Conegamer's Reign

10 81 70.43%
 
9 4 3.48%
 
8 2 1.74%
 
7 3 2.61%
 
6 0 0.00%
 
5 1 0.87%
 
4 0 0.00%
 
3 0 0.00%
 
2 1 0.87%
 
1 8 6.96%
 
Total:100

Downloaded Miiverse for the 3DS in the morning (took me about 30 seconds, it was so fast). Didn't get to try it yet as I don't have wi-fi on my workplace, gonna give it a go later.



Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network

Updated to the EU version of the update. Linked my accounts, seems to be running smoothly so far on Miiverse. Looking good there, but the eShop won't open for some reason. Either that or it's taking an awful long time...

Then again, my update took like 5 minutes because Internetz and all that. So maybe that has something to do with it?



 

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Conegamer said:
Updated to the EU version of the update. Linked my accounts, seems to be running smoothly so far on Miiverse. Looking good there, but the eShop won't open for some reason. Either that or it's taking an awful long time...

Then again, my update took like 5 minutes because Internetz and all that. So maybe that has something to do with it?

What's your connection speed?. The eShop usually takes 20 seconds to open on my 35 MB wi-fi (room speed).



Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
Conegamer said:
Updated to the EU version of the update. Linked my accounts, seems to be running smoothly so far on Miiverse. Looking good there, but the eShop won't open for some reason. Either that or it's taking an awful long time...

Then again, my update took like 5 minutes because Internetz and all that. So maybe that has something to do with it?

What's your connection speed?. The eShop usually takes 20 seconds to open on my 35 MB wi-fi (room speed).

It's around 25MBPS, so it should be fine. It usually opens in about half a minute, but not since this update. 



 

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Conegamer said:
lestatdark said:
Conegamer said:
Updated to the EU version of the update. Linked my accounts, seems to be running smoothly so far on Miiverse. Looking good there, but the eShop won't open for some reason. Either that or it's taking an awful long time...

Then again, my update took like 5 minutes because Internetz and all that. So maybe that has something to do with it?

What's your connection speed?. The eShop usually takes 20 seconds to open on my 35 MB wi-fi (room speed).

It's around 25MBPS, so it should be fine. It usually opens in about half a minute, but not since this update. 

Odd, gonna give it a try once I get home to see if I'm also suffering from those long opening times as well.



Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network

I'll soon update my 3DS as well! I've been waiting a long time for this.



I did the update this morning! Sadly the eshop was down or something because it gave ma an error each time i wanted to log to the 3Ds eshop.

Anyway it's about damn time that they put the Club Nintendo rewards.



"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Two similar answer in poll to skew results, what a stupid poll.



What does Miiverse do? No more friend codes?



    The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

I'd say Nintendo are out of touch with the market, and are out of touch with how to market themselves, so I went for the top option--despite the fact that Nintendo providing a genuine alternative being one reason why I buy and enjoy their hardware.

Nintendo of America had the right idea in turning up to VGX, but turned up with the wrong footage and game to promote. I don't know if that's their fault, or if Nintendo Japan only authorised Reggie to show something from Donkey Kong, rather than giving them permission to show new footage of another game. It has to be said though, that VGX was by and large a disaster for gaming in general: a moronic festival of all things dudebro, it's definitely not reflective of what gaming is now. So while DK was absolutely the wrong title, Nintendo had the right idea in that they need to promote their products more--but I also don't rate VGX as a venue for videogame advertisement.

In broader terms, the initial struggle of 3DS, and the continuing severe struggle for Wii U, answer the question for us: Nintendo are absolutely out of touch because their home console is not finding an audience. The market just isn't interested, and that's a sure sign that Nintendo are out of touch in that respect. I don't think VGX is the epitome of this as some people do; the epitome is surely the simple fact that Nintendo have wasted an entire year with Wii U.