Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies Launch Thread

Phoenix Wright is back!

If only this box existed

4 years after the last Ace Attorney game hit US shores, 6 years after the last game starring a defense attorney, and a whopping 9 years since the last game starring Phoenix Wright, everyone's favorite defense attorney is now back in action.

Game releases tonight at midnight on 3DS eShop. Early reviews have been positive, with Eurogamer Italy giving it a 90. The game also scored well in Japan, where it received a 37/40 from Famitsu (two 10s, one 9, and one 8), and Kotaku saying that anyone who liked Ace Attorney would like the game as well (despite some complaints about Phoenix's story arc).

So to help everyone board the hype train, here's some trailers, some objections, and a great promo by Capcom to win a Phoenix Wright figure.

English Trailer 1

Japanese Trailer(with English Subs)

English Trailer 2

English Trailer 3(Demo Trailer)

Link to all major character voiced Objections

Phoenix's Objection

Apollo's Objection

Athena's Objection

Blackquill's Objection

Klavier's new Objection is so bad I don't want to link it.

And lastly, a competition of sorts to win a Phoenix Wright figure (which I have myself, and it's amazing). Check the details.

======

So what do you guys think? Predictions for this game? Uncontainable hype? Let's hear it for Phoenix Wright's return.



Around the Network
I just hope the e-shop enables the buy at midnight. I will be trying in half an hour. :) Hopefully it works.

I hope so too. If not, then tomorrow will work as well; I've only got one class on Thursdays, so a whole day to download and get started.



I really gotta get into the Ace Attorney series, especially since the games are so cheap on amazon.  Anyway is this the Ace Attorney game I've been hearing about that is only digital?



KingdomHeartsFan said:

I really gotta get into the Ace Attorney series, especially since the games are so cheap on amazon.  Anyway is this the Ace Attorney game I've been hearing about that is only digital?

This title is eShop only, yes. I personally would have loved a physical version, but it's certainly no dealbreaker for me, especially if it's $10 cheaper than most 3DS titles. 



Around the Network

I'm so hyped for this I forgot to put my 3DS to recharge. Battery's dead.



I wish 3DS supported pre-loading

Hardcore=elitist casuals

Prediction: PS4 will be more powerful and cheaper than XBOX ONE

Booo at nintendo. Its past midnight here and we still cant get the game.

Nem said:
Booo at nintendo. Its past midnight here and we still cant get the game.


Damn. There's just one hour left here to be 24th and I guess the game won't be up. They'll be looking at America's time-zones.



Around the Network
Wright said:
Nem said:
Booo at nintendo. Its past midnight here and we still cant get the game.


Damn. There's just one hour left here to be 24th and I guess the game won't be up. They'll be looking at America's time-zones.

Sorry guys, looks like we're holding you back. :p