Quantcast
The future of gaming!

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The future of gaming!

Tagged games:

Anfebious said:
kowenicki said:
 

streaming is playing a game remotely, the game is hosted in the cloud.  Your device just renders the image and all the work is done by the cloud based server.

Oh then what is the point of a Console? Can't you stream on PC and on your phone? If that is the case then we wouldn't need a new console... The future of gaming could be no more consoles althogether. We would just use a Pc or a phone to play games!

I know.  I am agreeing with you!! lol

Which is why I said in my first post "will we even see a next gen of consoles?"  my point was that we arguably wont need them.



I'm not really here!

Link: Shipment History Since 1995


Around the Network
kowenicki said:

I know.  I am agreeing with you!! lol

Which is why I said in my first post "will we even see a next gen of consoles?"  my point was that we arguably wont need them.


Oh sorry I didn't get it... xD

I think it could be a possible future but I woudl miss the consoles a lot... I really like my 3DS or my PS 3 and Wii u



"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

the future is virtual reality



The console makers might make their own gaming phones. I could see myself buying a nintendo phone.



teh cloud



NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

 My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

Around the Network
_crazy_man_ said:
teh cloud


i think you are trying to be funny...

but get used to it... it will happen.

(if not I apologise)



I'm not really here!

Link: Shipment History Since 1995


kowenicki said:
_crazy_man_ said:
teh cloud


i think you are trying to be funny...

but get used to it... it will happen.

(if not I apologise)

I know its the future, im just using its modern term ;p



NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

 My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

Oh I hope not. Consoles show dedication to gaming while most other forms ars gaming on the side.

It's like tv and theaters. TVs can play movies just fine, but the death of the theater would be the death of the industry.



As long as MS, Nintendo and Sony exist we will have new generations of consoles. They will just change. We'll never see a device which has all the games on it. Not in a long time anyway. That's still something I would like to see. Imagine being able to buy ANY game on a single device and then keep playing that game on your phone, tablet, laptop, TV, hologram etc.. That is truly the stuff of dreams.



Anfebious said:
kowenicki said:
 

I know.  I am agreeing with you!! lol

Which is why I said in my first post "will we even see a next gen of consoles?"  my point was that we arguably wont need them.


Oh sorry I didn't get it... xD

I think it could be a possible future but I woudl miss the consoles a lot... I really like my 3DS or my PS 3 and Wii u

The purpose of consoles are so a company can make there own profit. Do you think all these developers would want to compete on the same device? Another reason consoles will continue to exist is pricing and peripherals like kinect or the gamepad. People can't always afford a high end PC required for gaming and PC's are often used by family making them unreliable. So consoles will continue to exist.