Quantcast
Spain September 2013 charts - GTA V, FIFA 14, PES 2014

Forums - Sales Discussion - Spain September 2013 charts - GTA V, FIFA 14, PES 2014

think-man said:
Didn't realize spain liked Playstation so much


In terms of marketshare in a market, Spain is by far the most playstation centric country (more than japan) Relatively small market though.  



I'm not really here!

Link: Shipment History Since 1995


Around the Network
HikenNoAce said:
kowenicki said:
Drakester said:
Remember Spain is in Europe and Europe is PlayStation territory so PS3 games will obviously sell better than 360 games, similar to the US when on the most part 360 games outsell PS3 games.


No. Spain is Spain. Playstation utterly dominates there. It dominates less so in the rest of Europe and not at all in the UK (also In Europe)

stop making sweeping generalisations.

Why do you think the PS3 overtook the 360?


Because it sold more globally. Kinda obvious. 



I'm not really here!

Link: Shipment History Since 1995


kowenicki said:
think-man said:
Didn't realize spain liked Playstation so much


In terms of marketshare in a market, Spain is by far the most playstation centric country (more than japan) Relatively small market though.  


Any Idea on how many consoles they have brought this gen?



think-man said:
kowenicki said:
think-man said:
Didn't realize spain liked Playstation so much


In terms of marketshare in a market, Spain is by far the most playstation centric country (more than japan) Relatively small market though.  


Any Idea on how many consoles they have brought this gen?

We used to have the numbers on here, so someone may have the last reported number I guess.  VGC only reports the top 3 countries in Europe now. Those 3 (UK, France, Germany) represent just under half of the European market, which contains dozens of countries. 



I'm not really here!

Link: Shipment History Since 1995


kowenicki said:
think-man said:

Any Idea on how many consoles they have brought this gen?

We used to have the numbers on here, so someone may have the last reported number I guess.  VGC only reports the top 3 countries in Europe now. Those 3 (UK, France, Germany) represent just under half of the European market, which contains dozens of countries. 

Cheers, Numbers are probably super small then, either that or not far behind Germanys numbers.



Around the Network
think-man said:
kowenicki said:
think-man said:

Any Idea on how many consoles they have brought this gen?

We used to have the numbers on here, so someone may have the last reported number I guess.  VGC only reports the top 3 countries in Europe now. Those 3 (UK, France, Germany) represent just under half of the European market, which contains dozens of countries. 

Cheers, Numbers are probably super small then, either that or not far behind Germanys numbers.


From memory, half of Germany? 

UK, France and Germany represent over 50% of lifetime sales for PS3 + 360, to add to what I said above. 



I'm not really here!

Link: Shipment History Since 1995


think-man said:
kowenicki said:
think-man said:
Didn't realize spain liked Playstation so much


In terms of marketshare in a market, Spain is by far the most playstation centric country (more than japan) Relatively small market though.  


Any Idea on how many consoles they have brought this gen?

Spain's market is about 40% that of the UK market if I remember correctly. My guesstimate is that PS3 has sold around 4m.



No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

From what I've seen, in Portugal, although being a very small market, the Playstation is the favorite console by a huge margin. I've never found a 360 in the top selling games featured in stores. Not to mention the shelves for the 360 games are usually waaay smaller.

I wish I could find some sort of sales figures for all the European countries.



i think the gaming habits of a population rly tells us a lot from them minds

and Spain....wellll.......lets say this cuntry is a mess

bluntly, ppl in Spain are stupid for the most part....and i mean rreeeaaaaly stupid

the butthole of Europe...full of poo

thats the end of my analysis

 

User was banned for this post.

yo_john117



DieAppleDie said:
i think the gaming habits of a population rly tells us a lot from them minds

and Spain....wellll.......lets say this cuntry is a mess

bluntly, ppl in Spain are stupid for the most part....and i mean rreeeaaaaly stupid

the butthole of Europe...full of poo

thats the end of my analysis

Thats a tad harsh dont you think? 

They are in a royal mess for sure and it will get much worse but thats not really the public's fault, well.... not entirely.  You dont look a gift horse in the mouth, but there is no such thing as a free lucnh and Spain has been gorging on a free lunch for years, an economic illusion of epic proportions, coupled with horrific local government corruption and systematic tax evasion.  I suppose its a bit of a cheek for the Spanish public to complain now, when they turned a blind eye for so long and reaped the rewards.

56% unemployment for under 24's (27% unemployment as a whole) is brutal and it will lead to major long term issues there. 

I dont see many PS4's and ONE's flying off the shelves there this holiday.



I'm not really here!

Link: Shipment History Since 1995