Quantcast
Sony expects to immediately recoup PS4 hardware loss

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony expects to immediately recoup PS4 hardware loss

I'm getting 2 games and recently re-subscribed for 2.5 years to PS Plus (Extra 6 months thanks to the promotion).

Will probably cave in and get an extra controller and new headset lol I'm a sucker for new gadgets :)


 

Around the Network
Pemalite said:
think-man said:
Actually the conversation rate means here in my country we pay an extra $150 US then America so they will be making straight profit from me just from the console purchase.


Yep. Same thing with Australia. They're price gauging our territories, even more than Microsoft is! (Which is strange for a change!)

You're absolutely right but on the other hand I am thankful that in comparison to the PS3 and really all other playstations that were launched in the past, the PS4 is the cheapest at launch.

Still can't get over that $999 price point at a time when the Australian dollar was near its peak hehe





 

With you guys, Sony should just add a Donate button to their webpage.

Ex Graphics Whore.

Augen said:
Well they should make out like a bandit on me. Given I own over 60 PS3 titles in five years of owning that system safe to say PS4 will match that with me getting it near launch.


Bought around 110 games from oct 09 to today... but at least half ar second hand. But most 1st party i bought new.



duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363


TimCliveroller said:
With you guys, Sony should just add a Donate button to their webpage.


I preffer the donating when I get a product in exchange....



duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363


Around the Network
Branko2166 said:
I'm getting 2 games and recently re-subscribed for 2.5 years to PS Plus (Extra 6 months thanks to the promotion).

Will probably cave in and get an extra controller and new headset lol I'm a sucker for new gadgets :)


What is this PSN+ promotion? I got mine in late July and didn't receive extra months I think.



I understand the financial benefits of using off the shelf parts for the PS4, but doesn't that mean they'll have very little legal leverage against emulators and pirates and such? Similar to the troubles Atari had in the 2nd Gen.


8th gen predictions. (made early 2014)
PS4: 60-65m
WiiU: 30-35m
X1: 30-35m
3DS: 80-85m
PSV: 15-20m

novasonic said:
I understand the financial benefits of using off the shelf parts for the PS4, but doesn't that mean they'll have very little legal leverage against emulators and pirates and such? Similar to the troubles Atari had in the 2nd Gen.

nice topic... but since the game give the profit, as long as people buy original games sony will still profit... and even being with stock parts proprietary rights still apply.



duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363


Ps plus will really help Sony make money it's a cash cow for the 360,so it will be a cash cow for sony

VITA 32 GIG CARD.250 GIG SLIM & 160 GIG PHAT PS3

Onibaka said:
Branko2166 said:
I'm getting 2 games and recently re-subscribed for 2.5 years to PS Plus (Extra 6 months thanks to the promotion).

Will probably cave in and get an extra controller and new headset lol I'm a sucker for new gadgets :)


What is this PSN+ promotion? I got mine in late July and didn't receive extra months I think.

Sony ran a promotion where for every 12 months of PSN Plus purchased you would receive an extra 3 months. I purchased 24months and so got an extra 6 months on top.

The offer ran for a short time only. Not sure if it was for PAL territories only or others as well. I purchased it late August.

From memory the offer ended early or mid September so you may have got it just before they made that offer available. Same thing happened to me in 2012 where I renewed just days before they did an identical promotion lol