New Dynasty Warriors Gundam drops cel-shaded graphics.
Shin Gundam Musou is in development for PlayStation 3 and PS Vita, the latest issue of Weekly Famitsu reveals.
The PlayStation 3 version will cost 7,980 yen and the PS Vita version 6,980 yen when it releases on December 19 in Japan.
The game brings back realistic-style visuals after Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3‘s cel-shaded graphics. It also revives Official Mode, where you can relive the original stories of Gundam SEED, Unicorn, and other series. There’s also an original storyline available through the game’s Ultimate Mode.
In battle, you can use Combination Bursts to summon battleships. Weapons like Beam Sabers and Beam Rifles are available, and are loaded with strengthening components. You can also control a giant Mobile Armor suit.
The game will include the largest amount of Mobile Suits in the series yet—over 100. The following mecha have been confirmed to appear:
- RX-78-2 Gundam (Mobile Suit Gundam)
- MS-065 Char’s Zak (Mobile Suit Gundam)
- MSN-02 Zeong (Mobile Suit Gundam)
- MSZ-006 Z Gundam (Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam)
- AMX-004 Qubeley (Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam)
- RX-93 v Gundam (Mobile Suit Gundam: Char’s Counterattack)
- MSN-04 Sazabi (Mobile Suit Gundam: Char’s Counterattack)
- GN-0000 + GNR-010 00 Raiser (Mobile Suit Gundam 00)
- Concept-X 6-1-2 Turn X (Turn A Gundam)
- RX-0 Unicorn Gundam (Gundam Unicorn))
- MSN-065 Sinanju (Gundam Unicorn))
- NZ-666 Kshatriya (Gundam Unicorn))
- RX-0 Banshee (Gundam Unicorn))
- GAT-X105 Strike Gundam (Mobile Suit Gundam Seed)
- GAT-X303 Aegis Gundam (Mobile Suit Gundam Seed)
- ZGMF-X20A Strike Freedom Gundam (Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Destiny)
- ZGMF-X19A Infinite Justice Gundam (Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Destiny)
- ZGMF-X425 Destiny Gundam (Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Destiny)
Development is currently 80 percent complete.