Quantcast
Locked: UNITY - Nintendo & Wii U Finish The REVOLUTION

Forums - Gaming Discussion - UNITY - Nintendo & Wii U Finish The REVOLUTION

See sid:
johnlucas said:




The market isn't going to suddenly do a uturn on the bae of a $50 'price cut' and Nintendo core franchises. It never did anything for Gamecube and it won't for WiiU. Face the facts.


I agree with most of ur post but I see people say this alot that cheaper price and Nintendo franchises didnt help Gamecube and wont save Wii U, the same argument could be made for Xbox. The original Xbox had 3rd party support, best online and most multimedia functions yet it didnt do much better than GC. I just wanted to throw that out there.



When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

No not exactly^

Microsoft had no backing, it was just them, this was Nintendo, right after the N64 era, so they had some clout (although they pretty much lost quite a bit of it on the public "3rd party" perception, too much shit was outta their hands when it came to the Gamecube because they simply couldnt get a good foothold in the market because of software droughts towards the end of its life, while the PS2 was using the power of exponential growth, I'd like to say the PS2's growth ratio was similar to how a youtube channel grows in subscribers.

Its because the PS2 got that foothold in the market, even though it wasnt doing so hot at the start. The WiiU had the unfortunate problem of an early drought period.

For the WiiU to not flop it cant have any more software droughts, it needs momentum, Iwata and his crew havent played all their cards yet and they seem dead serious on this, Iwata already came out and said he was going to make those who dont support the WiiU regret it, 2014 is going to get nasty,.



Dr.EisDrachenJaeger said:

No not exactly^

Microsoft had no backing, it was just them, this was Nintendo, right after the N64 era, so they had some clout (although they pretty much lost quite a bit of it on the public "3rd party" perception, too much shit was outta their hands when it came to the Gamecube because they simply couldnt get a good foothold in the market because of software droughts towards the end of its life, while the PS2 was using the power of exponential growth, I'd like to say the PS2's growth ratio was similar to how a youtube channel grows in subscribers.

Its because the PS2 got that foothold in the market, even though it wasnt doing so hot at the start. The WiiU had the unfortunate problem of an early drought period.

For the WiiU to not flop it cant have any more software droughts, it needs momentum, Iwata and his crew havent played all their cards yet and they seem dead serious on this, Iwata already came out and said he was going to make those who dont support the WiiU regret it, 2014 is going to get nasty,.

:O did he? Can you link me please.

I somehow doubt Bethesda and Take Two are worried ....



 

Alright so, I think we can agree the wii u will be hitting its peak soon enough. The biggest release is about to come, Wind Waker. If the bundle fails to sell wii u's then I will have no hope for it, however I think it will do well.

Looking at Pikmin 3 hardware sales went up in both NA/Japan a sizable amount. Why can't the same happen with LoZ which has a few perks being, Bundled with the console, Limited Edition Game Pad, Price Drop, and lets not forget that LoZ is a bigger franchise than Pikmin. I'm going to take a shot at the guessing game and say 150k+ Wii U sold first week when bundle comes out.

You know, this reminds me a lot of 3DS, LoZ remake, price drop, bundle, and competition...

Anyways what are your guys' guesses on Wind Waker sales? Curious to see how this goes since it is so close from release.



hiimnew said:
Alright so, I think we can agree the wii u will be hitting its peak soon enough. The biggest release is about to come, Wind Waker. If the bundle fails to sell wii u's then I will have no hope for it, however I think it will do well.

Looking at Pikmin 3 hardware sales went up in both NA/Japan a sizable amount. Why can't the same happen with LoZ which has a few perks being, Bundled with the console, Limited Edition Game Pad, Price Drop, and lets not forget that LoZ is a bigger franchise than Pikmin. I'm going to take a shot at the guessing game and say 150k+ Wii U sold first week when bundle comes out.

You know, this reminds me a lot of 3DS, LoZ remake, price drop, bundle, and competition...

Anyways what are your guys' guesses on Wind Waker sales? Curious to see how this goes since it is so close from release.


No they didn't, sales were flat in NA for August.



 

Around the Network
hiimnew said:
Alright so, I think we can agree the wii u will be hitting its peak soon enough. The biggest release is about to come, Wind Waker. If the bundle fails to sell wii u's then I will have no hope for it, however I think it will do well.

Looking at Pikmin 3 hardware sales went up in both NA/Japan a sizable amount. Why can't the same happen with LoZ which has a few perks being, Bundled with the console, Limited Edition Game Pad, Price Drop, and lets not forget that LoZ is a bigger franchise than Pikmin. I'm going to take a shot at the guessing game and say 150k+ Wii U sold first week when bundle comes out.

You know, this reminds me a lot of 3DS, LoZ remake, price drop, bundle, and competition...

Anyways what are your guys' guesses on Wind Waker sales? Curious to see how this goes since it is so close from release.

I am not going to try to predict what an HD remake of a Zelda title that had mixed opinions when it was released, is going to have on the sale of the Wii U.  What I do know is, saleswise, Elder Scrolls is a bigger IP with gamers at this point, in regards to meme generation and sales.  Zelda is still a storied franchise and know, but the buzz is not on the same level as Elder Scrolls.



I'm impressed this thread is still going, as it seemed to me to just be a case of argumentum verbosium. If johnlucas has a valid argument it would be more interesting if put concisely, as it wouldn't require searching through all that text for his actual point.



PSN: Osc89

NNID: Oscar89

Wind Waker HD may just outsell the first game or at least match it at 2.4 million



Osc89 said:
I'm impressed this thread is still going, as it seemed to me to just be a case of argumentum verbosium. If johnlucas has a valid argument it would be more interesting if put concisely, as it wouldn't require searching through all that text for his actual point.

I agree, right now it seems to be based on situations that happened 20 years ago? It's ridiculous really. No actual analysis or in depth predictions. I asked him for US figures for the holidays (so we can accurately guage how far out he'll be) but nothing so far.



 

Sure, Ill go find the shareholders meeting transcript for you.

These guys say a lot of things, If you compile the factual information from everyone in the industry it gives you a pretty clear outlook on where they are at the moment ( Sony,MS,Nintendo,Phones,PC,Valve,ect) and where they might head if events play out in certain manner ( I have 4-5 scenarious bouncing in my head right now)

Especially when you take a look at the facts that JL has compiled together

Although most of them need more modification than the way he's using them to back up his viewpont

Amazon could make a difference but I have a feeling microconsoles may not have any lasting growth.

I dont like Virtual reality, but I think it might be something Microsoft may use to sell people on Kinect.

Pikmin 3 helped keep sales above 10k for 5 weeks in japan, before the Vita had a bump.  US had a minor bump.

Then Jojo came out the following week, two weeks later everyone was simply "screw Jojo"

 

The way I see it, their is no point to being a fanboy, if Nintendo is truly the vanguard of the industry, they will prove it with time despite their mistakes and get the respect they "deserve".  They dont need me white knighting or defending them on message boards. Wont do anything for me or them. NIntendo's success is always on them and what it is they do, nobody else, when they've done everything they can and played all their cards, they'll be fine. They cant manage their resources improperly from this point on either. They need momentum and they're getting serious, Iwata's boldness is telling me this, he tied his salary to the success of Nintendo after all, and he did cut his paycheck 50% in the 3DS nacent state. He's committed.  The way most people argue over this stuff its clear that they dont have all the facts

Same goes for Sony and MS

 

 

@Seece,  I suspect JL isnt answering you because the WiiU in his words will "mirror" the 3DS. As you can see the 3DS, is able to approach DS numbers because its doing very well in Japan and quite a bit lower everywhere else

The most important territory for the WiiU is  Japan despites the better numbers in the US. Nintendo also keeps undershipping things hindering their retail presence in smaller places, thats no good. (It seems very sporadic, like the mall/bestbuy/gamestop has great allocation in my area but its pure crap in the next city over)