Quantcast
Microsoft: Xbox One's cloud support will "eliminate unfair advantages" in multiplayer

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft: Xbox One's cloud support will "eliminate unfair advantages" in multiplayer

KylieDog said:
ironmanDX said:
KylieDog said:
Laughing at the idea of a lag switch being used for a racing game.
.


Why? How does it differ from a shooter? People who hate loosing aren't going to stop because of genre. Same goes for cheating.


There is nothing to be gained using it in a racer.

You've never had a lagged opponent on a racer?



Around the Network

P2P is probably the worst thing when it comes to online gaming, bring on the dedicated servers (finally!) so we can get rid of that blight.



ironmanDX said:
KylieDog said:
ironmanDX said:
KylieDog said:
Laughing at the idea of a lag switch being used for a racing game.
.


Why? How does it differ from a shooter? People who hate loosing aren't going to stop because of genre. Same goes for cheating.


There is nothing to be gained using it in a racer.

You've never had a lagged opponent on a racer?


Lagging in a racer would just slow you down.  In shooters that delay allows you more time to shoot people.



________________________________________________________________

"so it kind of eliminates the ability to screw with your router and give the other person an unfair advantage."

why would someone mess with their router to give their opponent an advantage?

anyway cheating can be annoying to cope with when you face someone who's doing it so definitely sounds great



SandyVGina said:
PeterSilenced said:
SandyVGina said:
Are they refering to dedicated servers? If so then no big deal... Resistance, a PS3 launch title, had dedicated server support which allowed 40 player battles with no host advantage... that was in 2006...

You missed the point ,it's not about one game or a couple games having dedicated servers it is about making sure every game has dedicated servers.

 

I did not miss the point... the point is that Sony spent the $$$ on dedicated servers when online play was free... and now Microsoft is using something Sony had in 2006 to brag about there cloud system.

And its not just 1 game or even a couple games; Resistance, Resistance 2, Warhark, Killzone 2, Killzone 3, MAG plus others all had dedicated servers, no host advantage and more than 18 players!

All of those are exclusives,sony bought dedicated servers for them not for their partners,MS's cloud offering covers 3rd party.It's ALL THE GAMES.

Second where do you see MS bragging they are just saying "we fixed this i hope you enjoy" ...

 

 



Around the Network

This is perhaps the biggest draw towards the Xbone. Dedicated server support for every multiplayer game is amazing and is absolutely the right direction to go in, especially for shooters. If PS4 doesn't do the same, I think they are at a disadvantage. We shouldn't have do deal with P2P in next gen.



 

SandyVGina said:
Are they refering to dedicated servers? If so then no big deal... Resistance, a PS3 launch title, had dedicated server support which allowed 40 player battles with no host advantage... that was in 2006...


lol... so dedis arent a big deal? are is it just because ms is doing it its no big deal.  why cant we just get a 'cool' and submit.  



Need for speed and cod ghosts won't have dedicated servers on the xbone. So why do people insist it's all games. Or has it changed now?



yo_john117 said:
P2P is probably the worst thing when it comes to online gaming, bring on the dedicated servers (finally!) so we can get rid of that blight.

I can't entirely agree.  The problem with dedicated servers is that whatever game that is using them will eventually be shut down, after that point you will no longer be able to play multiplayer.  Also, 300,000 virtual servers isn't nearly enough to properly support all the regions that would need them for online multiplayer.  That's the good thing about P2P, multiplayer will always work, and there are plenty of host to choose from that are located locally.  When P2P is implemented properly it should work as good and in many instances better than dedicated servers.

All that said, I do hope that we will see a lot more games using dedicated servers because I think the pros mostly outweight the cons.



Pretty sure COD will not use xb1's dedicated servers, sorry to spoil your party.