Quantcast
Would you kill an innocent person for $25 million?

Forums - General Discussion - Would you kill an innocent person for $25 million?

Tagged games:

xKakashi209x said:
Mythmaker1 said:
xKakashi209x said:
What if you killed the innocent person and invested that money to save more countless lives?

And who is to say that person wasn't a philanthropist with $50 million? Or was on the verge of curing cancer? In order for the act to be justified, you would have to be sure that you could accomplish more alone than the both of you could if you hadn't killed him. Without a crystal ball, you can't put a price on a person's life. It's also a slippery slope: how much is one person's life worth? 

Myself, no. Golden rule and all that.


How do you know that the other lives you saved wont be the next person to cure cancer? So you believe in that one life equals the majority?


do you believe that you are the one who should have the power to make that decision?



Around the Network
bananaking21 said:
xKakashi209x said:
Mythmaker1 said:
xKakashi209x said:
What if you killed the innocent person and invested that money to save more countless lives?

And who is to say that person wasn't a philanthropist with $50 million? Or was on the verge of curing cancer? In order for the act to be justified, you would have to be sure that you could accomplish more alone than the both of you could if you hadn't killed him. Without a crystal ball, you can't put a price on a person's life. It's also a slippery slope: how much is one person's life worth? 

Myself, no. Golden rule and all that.


How do you know that the other lives you saved wont be the next person to cure cancer? So you believe in that one life equals the majority?


do you believe that you are the one who should have the power to make that decision?


If you are willing to do it you got to accept the consequences that come with it. No one has that right but decisions like that are made on a daily bases. If you were left with no other option but to save one person or a group. Would you just ignore both the individual and the group? 



xKakashi209x said:
bananaking21 said:
xKakashi209x said:
Mythmaker1 said:
xKakashi209x said:
What if you killed the innocent person and invested that money to save more countless lives?

And who is to say that person wasn't a philanthropist with $50 million? Or was on the verge of curing cancer? In order for the act to be justified, you would have to be sure that you could accomplish more alone than the both of you could if you hadn't killed him. Without a crystal ball, you can't put a price on a person's life. It's also a slippery slope: how much is one person's life worth? 

Myself, no. Golden rule and all that.


How do you know that the other lives you saved wont be the next person to cure cancer? So you believe in that one life equals the majority?


do you believe that you are the one who should have the power to make that decision?


If you are willing to do it you got to accept the consequences that come with it. No one has that right but decisions like that are made on a daily bases. If you were left with no other option but to save one person or a group. Would you just ignore both the individual and the group? 

but you arent saving a group, you are killing a person with the promise of trying to save lifes. you are killing a person so you can try and save lives. how do you know it will work? also why should you kill a person to try save others? because you could gain the money? why shouldnt the person who has the money try to save those lives? why not try raise the money in other ways instead of murder? 





are they paying up front?



Talal said:
I will permaban myself if the game releases in 2014.

in reference to KH3 release date

Around the Network

...assuming that the government was going to do absolutely nothing with said $25 million if I rejected the offer...

It's certainly an interesting question. You'd almost automatically be saving far more lives right off the bat than you'd be sacrificing. Contact a few hospitals and find some patients that need some sort of life saving treatment but can't afford it. It wouldn't take long before you saved dozens of people.

On the other hand, it's obviously incredibly immoral to take life from someone simply because someone else could use it. That's borderlining on socialist policy right there.

In the end, no, I don't think I could. It's never my place to decide who lives or dies, and it's certainly not within my realm of authority to take life from an innocent person in the hopes of saving more people with the rewards from taking said life. Perhaps someone with more socialist leanings could do something like that, but as a believer in Libertarian policies, no.



papamudd said:
are they paying up front?

After you kill the dude or dudette, you'll get your money in a huge suitcase delivered to you at your home by the President.



is the president liberal, conservative, or third party...?



Talal said:
I will permaban myself if the game releases in 2014.

in reference to KH3 release date

xKakashi209x said:
Mythmaker1 said:
xKakashi209x said:
What if you killed the innocent person and invested that money to save more countless lives?

And who is to say that person wasn't a philanthropist with $50 million? Or was on the verge of curing cancer? In order for the act to be justified, you would have to be sure that you could accomplish more alone than the both of you could if you hadn't killed him. Without a crystal ball, you can't put a price on a person's life. It's also a slippery slope: how much is one person's life worth? 

Myself, no. Golden rule and all that.


How do you know that the other lives you saved wont be the next person to cure cancer? So you believe in that one life equals the majority?

You don't know, and that's the point. Every individual has incredible potential, and to cut short one life's potential on the basis that you might be able to accomplish that much more is a gamble. Which means you can't make an informed decisions as to whether what you are doing is justified.

There's also the flip-side. Would you let someone kill you if it meant $25 million would be invested in saving lives?



I believe in honesty, civility, generosity, practicality, and impartiality.

If that's what my country needs me to do, I'll do it.



Recently Completed
Crackdown 3
for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)