Friday news, the second part and last for this week:
Fortnite has added John Wick and his Bounty LTM
John Wick's one-man war has once again taken him to Fortnite's island, this time accompanied by a new temporary mode, Wick's Bounty, free rewards and a skin and sledgehammer set that you can buy in the shop.
Signs of the Sojourner is a card game with chats instead of battles
Deck-building games typically give you cards that represent weapons or spells or a big orc who wants to smash heads. Sometimes you get a field. Your deck is your arsenal. Not so in Signs of the Sojourner, however, where you must use cards to forge connections with people and develop your personality.
Hearthstone's new solo adventure The Dalaran Heist is now live
The Dalaran Heist, the new solo adventure mode in Hearthstone: Rise of Shadows, is now live for all players. The first part of Hearthstone's first-ever year-long storyline will have players jumping feet-first into the League of E.V.I.L.'s dastardly scheme to swipe the entire floating city of Dalaran.
OtherSide will self-publish System Shock 3 if it has to, but hopes someone else will do it
The ongoing financial troubles at Starbreeze Studios led it to sell the System Shock 3 publishing rights back to developer OtherSide Entertainment earlier this year. But OtherSide isn't terribly interested in jumping into the self-publishing game: Creative director Warren Spector told VGC that the studio is on the lookout for a new dance partner, and there's been "a lot of interest" from potential publishers.
Metro Exodus expansions will tell the tales of a lost colonel and an American survivor
Three months after the release of Metro Exodus, publisher Deep Silver has revealed its plans for a two-part expansion pass that will tell brand-new stories, featuring brand-new characters, in the ruined landscapes far beyond Moscow. The descriptions of the expansions contain some mild spoilers, so for now I'll say only that they both sound pretty cool and then stop, in case you want to avoid any potentially ruined surprises.
Rainbow Six Siege’s next patch reworks its most powerful sniper
As Rainbow Six Siege begins its transition from the burnt skies of Australia to Operation Phantom Sight, Ubisoft has shared its latest Designer Notes for gadget reworks coming in the near future. Most notably, Glaz’s powerful thermal scope will soon be modified to nerf his entry fragging power.
This old BBC video about making the first GTA is a treasure
Over 20 years later, Rockstar has sold more copies of GTA 5 than there are people in the United Kingdom, by quite a long way. This week, the BBC tweeted out a little snippet of archive footage that went behind the making of the original game in 1996. Rory Cellan-Jones visited DMA Design in Dundee, riding high on the success of the Lemmings games, to get the inside scoop on its newest project. In this video (via Ellen Rose on Twitter), you'll see (who I believe is) programmer David Kivlin talking about the premise of the game, then Craig Conner discussing GTA's music. Then you'll see Cellan-Jones meet QA testers Fiona Robertson and Gordon Ross, which the presenter refers to as a 'dream job'.
Bungie is nerfing Destiny 2's most powerful exotics, including Whisper of the Worm and Ace of Spades
Each week Bungie updates players of its shared-world online shooter with the latest info from the development team. Normally it's a fairly sedate affair, peppered with info about forthcoming events, but today's installment was a sandbox balance special, and it's fair to say the fans are far from happy with the changes coming.
The Division 2's first raid, Operation Dark Hours, is now live—without matchmaking
Operation Dark Hours, the first Division 2 raid, is now live. In the Special Report video above, Ubisoft went into detail on the raid, its rewards, checkpointing and more.
The Division 2's first raid was defeated in 5 hours
The Division 2 introduced its very first raid, Operation Dark Hours, yesterday. Five hours later, it had already been conquered. With plenty of time to prepare, there were no doubt lots of agents ready to descend on the airport when it opened its doors, but it was streamer Marcostyle and his POG clan that came out the other end first. It took some doing.
Surviving Mars: Green Planet is live, allowing you to send all geese to Mars
Surviving Mars: Green Planet gives you tools to transform the red, dusty rock into a verdant paradise full of cheerful humans and animals wandering around outside and breathing in the lovely air. I've used this opportunity to provide an important service for humanity: I am taking all the horrible geese from Earth and moving them to Mars.
Activision and EA will both be at E3, but not on the show floor
With a seemingly quiet year ahead, Activision won't have a booth at E3 this year. The publisher won't be skipping it entirely, though that's not unprecedented, and will instead be holding private meetings.
EA, meanwhile, is returning to E3 after skipping it for a few years, but it won't be on the show floor either. The publisher is still hosting its external EA Play event, though this year it won't feature a press conference.
Let's end the news checking what do GOG and Steam have for us:
- The first one is the weekly sale, with 2K Games titles up to 80% off: https://www.gog.com/promo/20190513_weekly_sale
- The Midweek Sale with its strategy games lasts another 30 hours and up to 75% discounts: https://www.gog.com/promo/20190515_midweek_sale
- Publisher Raw Fury puts its games up to 80% off for the next 5 days: https://www.gog.com/promo/20190515_raw_fury
- Surviving Mars is also on sale, up to 66% off for the next 3 days: https://www.gog.com/promo/20190516_launch_promo_surviving_mars_green_planet
- The first of the two weekend deals is a Disney sale, with up to 75% discounts for the next 3 days: https://www.gog.com/promo/20190517_disney
- The second weekend sale, and the last one from GOG, is Cyberpunk and Tech based games, also with up to 75% discounts for the next 3 days: https://www.gog.com/promo/20190517_weekend_sale
- The daily deal is Middle-earth: Shadow of War, 67% off: https://store.steampowered.com/app/356190/Middleearth_Shadow_of_War/
- Dragon Cliff is the other "daily" deal, 50% off until Monday: https://store.steampowered.com/app/758190/Dragon_Cliff/
- The first of the numerous weekend deals is Surviving Mars, that's free to try (again) and 66% off: https://store.steampowered.com/app/464920/Surviving_Mars/
- No Man's Sky is 50% off: https://store.steampowered.com/app/275850/No_Mans_Sky/
- There's a Post Apocalyptic sale: https://store.steampowered.com/sale/post_apocalyptic/
- Dovetail Games celebrates its 10th anniversary putting its games (not only the train one) on sale: https://store.steampowered.com/sale/dovetailgames
- Tripwire Interactive puts its games on sale, up to 75% off: https://store.steampowered.com/sale/tripwire_publisher_sale/
- Bohemia Interactive also has a publisher weekend sale, with up to 80% discounts: https://store.steampowered.com/sale/bohemia_sale/
- And the weeklong deals.
Phew! That's all for this week. Have a happy and gaming weekend.
Please excuse my bad English.
Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070
Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.