Quantcast
Carzy Zarx's PC gaming emporium - Catch up on all the latest PC Gaming related news

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx's PC gaming emporium - Catch up on all the latest PC Gaming related news

Zarx changed his avatar again. Thoughts?

Noice 243 62.31%
 
So soon? I just got used to the last one 13 3.33%
 
it sucks 21 5.38%
 
Your cropping skills are lacking 13 3.33%
 
Too noisy, can't tell WTF it even is 11 2.82%
 
Meh 28 7.18%
 
Total:329

Navi isn't going to be a high-end part at this point anyway.
It will be interesting to see what this means for Next Generation consoles if they don't have Next-Generation graphics hardware.

AMD could still surprise though and tack on a few new features to Navi that wows, but I wouldn't hedge bets at this point.



Around the Network
Pemalite said:
Navi isn't going to be a high-end part at this point anyway.
It will be interesting to see what this means for Next Generation consoles if they don't have Next-Generation graphics hardware.

AMD could still surprise though and tack on a few new features to Navi that wows, but I wouldn't hedge bets at this point.

Won't mean much because console development environment is very well optimized on AMD hardware so the Scorpio engine is nearly as good as a GTX 1070 but the same isn't true on PC and then you have reviewers like DF who uses very flawed and outdated benchmarks like Crysis 3 ... 

With AMD, they rely on a community effort (partners and developers) to get the best out of their hardware ... (if developers don't care it pretty much ends in a vicious cycle where their competitor gains more market share and then the said developers go on to optimize for the competitors) 

If AMD isn't going to use their advantage to play dirty such as using features to tank performance on their competitors hardware to gain parity in games then there's not much of a future with them. I'm surprised why AMD haven't tried something as bold as creating their own game engine or making timed exclusive deal for PC game publishers ... 



*** NEW CONTEST ***

HEXUS EPIC GIVEAWAY Day 32: Win a Gigabyte Sabre 17-W8 laptop https://hexus.net/tech/features/laptop/124874-day-32-win-gigabyte-sabre-17-w8-laptop/

This contest is GLOBAL.

Check out the characteristics here, but the main specs are:

  • CPU: 8th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-8750H Processor
  • GPU: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1060 GDDR5 6GB
  • Display: 17.3" Full HD 1920x1080 120Hz 3ms Gaming

The rest aren't fixed (8 or 16GB DDR4 2400, up to 3TB of storage, etc.)



Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

fatslob-:O said:
Pemalite said:
Navi isn't going to be a high-end part at this point anyway.
It will be interesting to see what this means for Next Generation consoles if they don't have Next-Generation graphics hardware.

AMD could still surprise though and tack on a few new features to Navi that wows, but I wouldn't hedge bets at this point.

Won't mean much because console development environment is very well optimized on AMD hardware so the Scorpio engine is nearly as good as a GTX 1070 but the same isn't true on PC and then you have reviewers like DF who uses very flawed and outdated benchmarks like Crysis 3 ... 

With AMD, they rely on a community effort (partners and developers) to get the best out of their hardware ... (if developers don't care it pretty much ends in a vicious cycle where their competitor gains more market share and then the said developers go on to optimize for the competitors) 

If AMD isn't going to use their advantage to play dirty such as using features to tank performance on their competitors hardware to gain parity in games then there's not much of a future with them. I'm surprised why AMD haven't tried something as bold as creating their own game engine or making timed exclusive deal for PC game publishers ... 

They've kind of done that with Capcom on Devil May Cry 5, working with them to optimize their engine to run better on AMD's hardware. It's one of the news I'll post later (because it features a video with a little bit of gameplay).

But in any case, AMD can't really do what you're asking. Creating and giving support for a game engine demands a lot of man power, and making timed exclusives (which I don't even know if it would be able) means getting into a money war with Nvidia, and we know who has more money to buy exclusives.



Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Once again, the news:

SALES & DEALS

Steam's new daily deal is The First Tree, 50% off: https://store.steampowered.com/app/555150/The_First_Tree/

 

SOFTWARE/DRIVERS

-empty-

 

MODS/EMULATORS

-empty-

 

GAMING NEWS

Devil May Cry 5 demo running in 4K on Max Settings with more than 70fps on AMD’s new Radeon VII GPU
https://www.dsogaming.com/news/devil-may-cry-5-running-in-4k-on-max-settings-with-more-than-70fps-on-amds-new-radeon-vii-gpu/
At CES 2019, AMD showcased the PC version of Devil May Cry 5 running on its upcoming AMD Radeon VII graphics card. The demo that AMD showcased was running with more than 70fps in 4K on Max settings.
>> I'm only posting this for the roughly 1 minute of gameplay.

MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries gets a brand new gameplay trailer
https://www.dsogaming.com/videotrailer-news/mechwarrior-5-mercenaries-gets-a-brand-new-gameplay-trailer-2/
Piranha Games has released a brand new gameplay trailer for MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries. MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries will be the first standalone single-player MechWarrior title in development for PC in nearly 15 years.

Tom Clancy’s The Division 2 will skip Steam, will be released on Epic’s Digital Store and UPLAY
https://www.dsogaming.com/news/tom-clancys-the-division-2-will-skip-steam-will-be-released-on-epics-digital-store-and-uplay/
While Ubisoft’s previous titles were not exclusive on UPLAY and found their way on Valve’s store, it appears that – starting with The Division 2 – a select number of its upcoming titles will come out exclusively on Epic’s new digital store and Ubisoft’s own store.
>> You can share your opinion at Raven722's thread on this subject.

Official PC system requirements and PC features revealed for Tom Clancy’s The Division 2
https://www.dsogaming.com/news/official-pc-system-requirements-and-pc-features-revealed-for-tom-clancys-the-division/
Ubisoft has released the official PC system requirements for Tom Clancy’s The Division, and revealed the game’s PC features. According to the French publisher, the PC version of The Division 2 has been one of the main focus of the development team and has been optimized to achieve the best performance possible.

Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Update 1.1.2 available for download, full patch release notes revealed
https://www.dsogaming.com/news/assassins-creed-odyssey-update-1-1-2-available-for-download-full-patch-release-notes-revealed/
Ubisoft has released a new major update for Assassin’s Creed Odyssey. According to the release notes, this patch will update your game’s version to 1.1.2, is 3.3GB in size and adds a Level Scaling Option, two Mercenary Tiers and benefits, Hephaistos’s Workshop and new Mastery Levels.

Fallout 76 January 10th update available for download, full patch release notes revealed
https://www.dsogaming.com/news/fallout-76-january-10th-update-available-for-download-full-patch-release-notes-revealed/
Bethesda has just released a new patch for Fallout 76. According to the release notes, this patch will update your game’s version to 1.0.4.13 and brings several in-game performance improvements, as well as additional stability improvements.

Catherine Classic has been officially announced for the PC [UPDATE: Released]
https://www.dsogaming.com/news/catherine-classic-has-been-officially-announced-for-the-pc/
SEGA and Atlus have officially announced that Catherine Classic is coming to the PC. Unfortunately, though, this version will not feature the additional content that will be coming to consoles via the Full Body version of the game.
UPDATE: The game has been released on Steam!
>> They're bringing the "classic" edition to PC while making an improved one for consoles? I hope SEGA won't complain that the game hasn't sold well...



Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

The news, part two:

Star Trek Online's new update reveals the fate of Discovery's Captain Killy
https://www.pcgamer.com/star-trek-onlines-new-update-reveals-the-fate-of-discoverys-captain-killy/
Star Trek Online has been taking advantage of finally running concurrently with the TV show. Last year saw developer Cryptic launch the Age of Discovery expansion, and on the cusp of the MMO’s nine-year anniversary, a new update will continue to delve into the Discovery universe, as well as introducing the ruthless Captain Killy. Check out the teaser above.

Lovecraft's Untold Stories and its giant penguins get a release date
https://www.pcgamer.com/lovecrafts-untold-stories-and-its-giant-penguins-get-a-release-date/
You can’t walk down the street without tripping over some kind of eldritch horror these days, so Lovecraft’s Untold Stories has an uphill struggle convincing me that there’s anything left to say about the Cthulhu mythos. After a stint in Early Access, the action roguelike is launching on January 31. Check out the official trailer above.

The old Fallout games are now free for Fallout 76 players
https://www.pcgamer.com/the-old-fallout-games-are-now-free-for-fallout-76-players/
Bethesda is preparing two new patches for Fallout 76 this month, with the first due to arrive on January 14. Although details are a bit sparse on what these patches will contain (mostly bug fixes and squashed exploits, according to this week's Inside The Vault post), there is some Fallout goodness you can access right now. If you played Fallout 76 in 2018 (the full release, that is, not just the beta), you can fire up the Bethesda launcher today and get Fallout, Fallout 2, and Fallout Tactics: Brotherhood of Steel, all for free.

Over 8,000 Elite Dangerous pilots are embarking on an incredible 18-week journey
https://www.pcgamer.com/over-8000-elite-dangerous-pilots-are-embarking-on-an-incredible-18-week-journey/
Thousands of Elite Dangerous players—over 8,000, according to the sign-up sheet—are preparing to embark on another incredible voyage across the Milky Way. The destination is Beagle Point, some 65,279 light years from Earth, past the galactic core, at the very edge of the galaxy. The journey is expected to take 18 weeks, and like last time, casualties are expected.

Update: Destiny 2's new Forge is now open, but the puzzle remains unsolved
https://www.pcgamer.com/streamers-have-been-trying-to-solve-destiny-2s-new-puzzle-for-20-hours-straight/
Update: After more than 27 hours of the Destiny 2 community trying and failing to beat the Niobe Labs puzzle, Bungie has announced that the Bergusia Forge activity, which was previously gated behind completion of the puzzle, will now open at 2pm PST / 5pm EST, even if nobody solves Niobe Labs.
Update 2: The community failed to solve the puzzle by the deadline, and so Bungie has opened the doors to all. Not everyone is happy about it, based on the replies to the tweet, but the puzzle remains available for those determined to take on the challenge, and anyone who manages to solve it will earn a unique Ghost and emblem to signify their accomplishment.

Hours of clicking a Dragonstone led to a four-second-long Elder Scrolls Online tease
https://www.pcgamer.com/the-elder-scrolls-onlines-next-expansion-will-be-revealed-by-clicking-a-dragonstone/
Bethesda is teasing the next expansion to its Elder Scrolls Online MMO with a Twitch stream that will, eventually, culminate in the world premiere of the teaser trailer. It's not much to look at right now, just a Dragonstone that is partially illuminated by magic. But once fully lit, the fun (that is, the trailer) will begin.
Update: After thousands of people spent time clicking on the digital stone in Bethesda's TESO Twitch stream, this is what happened.

Project Winter is a multiplayer co-op survival game with secret murderers
https://www.pcgamer.com/project-winter-is-a-multiplayer-co-op-survival-game-with-secret-murderers/
Co-op survival games, as the name suggests, generally require players to work together in order to avoid the grim specter of death. Project Winter is a little bit different. The cooperative angle is there—eight people have to pull together to gather resources, repair structures, and complete other tasks to stay alive in the midst of a ferocious, freezing snowscape and ultimately make their escape—but two of them are actually conspiring in secret to murder everyone else.

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice will boast a more open-ended world compared to the Souls series
https://www.pcgamer.com/sekiro-shadows-die-twice-will-boast-a-more-open-ended-world-compared-to-the-souls-series/
One of the many bitter pleasures of the original Dark Souls is the ability to traipse right into late game areas from the get go. The series has always been pretty open ended, but according to From Software president Hidetaka Miyazaki, the company's forthcoming Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice will be even more open ended.

Aftercharge gameplay video details its unusual 3v3 asymmetrical action
https://www.pcgamer.com/aftercharge-gameplay-video-details-its-unusual-3v3-asymmetrical-action/
Aftercharge is a 3v3 FPS in which a team of robots, who are invisible, tries to make life miserable for a team of guards, who are invincible. It was announced in mid-2017, and with a full release set for tomorrow, developer Chainsawesome Games has released a narrated gameplay video explaining in detail how it all works, and how you can (hopefully) avoid being terrible at it when you first start playing.

This browser game lets you control real-life robots in a scale model Chernobyl
https://www.pcgamer.com/this-browser-game-lets-you-control-real-life-robots-in-a-scale-model-chernobyl/
Isotopium Chernobyl is a game about driving tanks through Chernobyl, picking up energy items in order to survive. It's a pretty dull concept on paper, but obviously there's a twist: the tanks are real robots, and the Chernobyl depicted in-game is a real scale model, presumably housed in a warehouse somewhere in Ukraine.

World of Warcraft's Stan Lee tribute gives him a job in Stormwind Keep
https://www.pcgamer.com/world-of-warcrafts-stan-lee-tribute-gives-him-a-job-in-stormwind-keep/
Visit Stormwind Keep in World of Warcraft's public test realm and you might come across a new guard wandering around the place, occasionally talking to himself. Stanley is a new resident of Stormwind, and before that, he dabbled in comic books. If his appearance isn't a giveaway, his exclamations of "excelsior" might be. Yes, Stan Lee is now in World of Warcraft.

Epic Games gets an F rating from the Better Business Bureau
https://www.pcgamer.com/epic-games-gets-an-f-rating-from-the-better-business-bureau/
The Better Business Bureau, the American consumer watchdog, has given Epic Games an F rating after it failed to respond to over 200 complaints from the organisation on behalf of customers. 279 complaints have been made over the last three years, all but eight in the last year, and Epic hasn’t responded to 247 of them.
Update: Epic has sent over a statement regarding the Better Business Bureau's F rating. While the BBB says Epic did not respond to its complaints, Epic says the problems were still submitted to the support team.
>> Bodes well for the Epic Store consumers...



Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:

They've kind of done that with Capcom on Devil May Cry 5, working with them to optimize their engine to run better on AMD's hardware. It's one of the news I'll post later (because it features a video with a little bit of gameplay).

But in any case, AMD can't really do what you're asking. Creating and giving support for a game engine demands a lot of man power, and making timed exclusives (which I don't even know if it would be able) means getting into a money war with Nvidia, and we know who has more money to buy exclusives.

They need to get more than just Capcom on board ... 

AMD are doing an especially terrible job with the other Japanese publishers like Square Enix since they won't even create or continue developing their own custom engine and opt in with subpar solution like Unreal Engine 4 ... 

It's not all about the money, it's about the political will to dominate! That is the key difference between AMD and Nvidia. Likewise, Intel has tons of cash but they have nowhere else to seemingly expand or dominate since they want to invite themselves into competition in their current landscape ... 



fatslob-:O said:
JEMC said:

They've kind of done that with Capcom on Devil May Cry 5, working with them to optimize their engine to run better on AMD's hardware. It's one of the news I'll post later (because it features a video with a little bit of gameplay).

But in any case, AMD can't really do what you're asking. Creating and giving support for a game engine demands a lot of man power, and making timed exclusives (which I don't even know if it would be able) means getting into a money war with Nvidia, and we know who has more money to buy exclusives.

They need to get more than just Capcom on board ... 

AMD are doing an especially terrible job with the other Japanese publishers like Square Enix since they won't even create or continue developing their own custom engine and opt in with subpar solution like Unreal Engine 4 ... 

It's not all about the money, it's about the political will to dominate! That is the key difference between AMD and Nvidia. Likewise, Intel has tons of cash but they have nowhere else to seemingly expand or dominate since they want to invite themselves into competition in their current landscape ... 

Square Enix has lots of troubles, and making an engine that works, it's cheap and it's easy to use is, apparently, way beyond their capacity. Going with UE4 was their best, if not only, choice given that Unity still isn't there, and the CryEngine has its own set of problems.



Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

fatslob-:O said:

Won't mean much because console development environment is very well optimized on AMD hardware so the Scorpio engine is nearly as good as a GTX 1070 but the same isn't true on PC and then you have reviewers like DF who uses very flawed and outdated benchmarks like Crysis 3 ...

Eh, My Xbox One X hasn't really done anything that my Radeon RX 580 can't do.
In-fact my 580 is probably doing better... Why? Well. I can dial the settings up at 1440P on the 580, where-as the Xbox One X spends all it's "Optimization special sauce" chasing 4k.

fatslob-:O said:
If AMD isn't going to use their advantage to play dirty such as using features to tank performance on their competitors hardware to gain parity in games then there's not much of a future with them. I'm surprised why AMD haven't tried something as bold as creating their own game engine or making timed exclusive deal for PC game publishers ...

AMD isn't going anywhere.



JEMC said:

Square Enix has lots of troubles, and making an engine that works, it's cheap and it's easy to use is, apparently, way beyond their capacity. Going with UE4 was their best, if not only, choice given that Unity still isn't there, and the CryEngine has its own set of problems.

UE4 has extreme performance design pitfalls that probably still applies optimizations from the last generation since the engine has to work on mobile devices which have comparatively ancient (no bindless, no stateless compute, no multiview, no tiled resources, poor support for cross-lane operations, etc ) functionality to AMD hardware or other desktop hardware including Intel iGPUs. Epic Games do not even care about getting the best performance for consoles anymore since high end UE4 titles struggle a lot them ... 

UE4 is straight up crap in terms of both performance and optimization. The only reason why it succeeded compared to the other public options out there was because it could do high end graphics (Unity couldn't do this), good content creation pipeline (CryEngine was clunky and barely had any documentation in this aspect), and had Japanese documentation altogether ... 

There's literally no good public options out there that aren't publisher specific like Frostbite 3, id Tech 6+, Snowdrop, and the RE Engine so the least AMD could do is handhold a couple of game publishers who are still interested enough in creating high-end games that tanks their hardware like Square Enix ...