Quantcast
Thank you to Sony Fanboys/girls, loyal Xbox gamers, and Nintendo & the overall gaming community

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Thank you to Sony Fanboys/girls, loyal Xbox gamers, and Nintendo & the overall gaming community

Without DRM the xbox becomes an option later on in the generation for me to get for it's exclusive library. Awesome.



Around the Network
PeterSilenced said:

If only microsoft advertised the advantages of family sharing and having your profile library available to you everywhere you go then the internet would see what in words werent enough to having people saying "this is innovation".
Now thanks to the gaming community those features are out and one of the reasons for purchasing an xbox instead of ps4 is also out of the window .
Thanks fanboys around the world your whining , bitching and overall lack of perspective is one of the biggest drawbacks of the industry,now gamestop will surely be making better games,steam like deals and continue to provide what they do best,exclusive pre-order incentives.
here's to gamestop.here´'s to more of the same.here's to the fanboys.hurray...

#dealwithit

*runs aways before the dagger hits*




ironmanDX said:
Thank you? No. I'm happy for the guys that otherwise would have missed out but they cost me money.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5456781

That whole friends becoming family and sharing online games would have been cut after the first few months.  Why would any 3rd party company agree to such policies if that would cut their sales by a decent amount?  I believe it was just some made up bs to try and get people to still like the DRM/used game policy they were trying to introduce.  I don't think that would have ever happened because anyone can see the potential abuse of such system. 

So now you just need to have friends in real life to borrow/exchange discs. 



NightDragon83 said:

The no mandatory camera is the only actual advantage I see there... good luck finding a bare-bones $399 SKU at launch that isn't automatically bundled with other crap.

The "better PR" point is completely up for debate because up until about 2-3 years ago Sony was getting their asses handed to them in the PR department.  This little DRM snafu has only been going on for a few weeks now, and will be all but forgotten at launch... Sony is still smarting from the nightmare that was "five hundred and ninety-nine US dollarz".

Supply is also something that's debatable because Sony has to deal with supply for 3 major regions, while M$ only really has to deal with two since the Japanese are too xenophobic to buy a videogame console not made by a Japanese company, and which doesn't feature a healthy library of JRPGs, remakes of old JRPGs, dating sims, and JRPGs.

Yea well, they're usually bundled with a game, so that's kinda pointless point to argue (you're gonna get a system without a game?) and if you answer is I'm not interested in any of these launch game, why the hell are you even buying the system? Wait for a game you want to come out you faboy :P

But regardless, MS is still more expensive no matter how you wanna spin it.

With respect to PR, Sony has been getting positive press even before the DRM fiasco, their policy with indie devs was picked up my multiple sites for example, but really the more important thing with respect to PR is that MS turn the ship around in time to rescue their launch; 5 months is a lot of time.

Overall I think the only people displeased by this news are diehard fanboys. If not for the 360, The PS3 would never have achieved one third of the things it did. Sony was dragged kicking and screaming into standardised online gaming and it took them a really long time to come up with a value-added proposition that could equal and even improve upon Xbox-Live. Consumer need both platform to be alive and healthy to keep corporation honest.




NightDragon83 said:
thismeintiel said:
NightDragon83 said:
I'd also like to personally thank the Sony fans for kindly pointing out to M$ the boneheaded decisions they made, and allowed them to make the necessary corrections before the console was even launched.... thereby eliminating 2 of the 3 advantages that their beloved PS4 had over the X1 heading into launch (the other being price, on which I will bet M$ will also do some adjusting as well prior to launch).

What was that old saying about not interrupting your enemy when they are making a mistake again?

Well, now when the PS4 wins, Sony fans won't have to hear MS fans excuses.  "But it was the DRM and used games policy that didn't allow the One to sell to its full potential."  So, it'll be a fair fight from the beginning. 

Of course, Sony still has price, better PR, no mandatory camera, and better supply going in its favor.

The no mandatory camera is the only actual advantage I see there... good luck finding a bare-bones $399 SKU at launch that isn't automatically bundled with other crap.

The "better PR" point is completely up for debate because up until about 2-3 years ago Sony was getting their asses handed to them in the PR department.  This little DRM snafu has only been going on for a few weeks now, and will be all but forgotten at launch... Sony is still smarting from the nightmare that was "five hundred and ninety-nine US dollarz".

Supply is also something that's debatable because Sony has to deal with supply for 3 major regions, while M$ only really has to deal with two since the Japanese are too xenophobic to buy a videogame console not made by a Japanese company, and which doesn't feature a healthy library of JRPGs, remakes of old JRPGs, dating sims, and JRPGs.

They still have the $399 SKU for preorder.  But, you are right.  The PS4 will most likely be sold out not too long after launch.  Including the other SKUs that come with "other crap."  Though, I wouldn't call the Watch Dogs game that comes with my bundle crap.

Lol, still smarting?  Is this 2007/08?  If Sony is still smarting from that, how have they been able to pass the 360, and just continue to grow that gap?  Sorry, but the DRM is likely to stick with MS for at least a year or two.  I'm sure they have betrayed many gmaers trust.  Trust that they will have to work very hard to reclaim.

And supply isn't debatable.  It's pretty much a fact (a rumor that has been backed up by several reliable sources), that MS is having yeild problems with their APU, which is going to lead to supply issues this holiday season.  This is why stores, like Gamestop and EB games, are advertising that they only have VERY limited stock of the Xbox One.  This is going to leave a void that I'm sure Sony is all too happy to fill.



Around the Network
mibuokami said:
PeterSilenced said:

If only microsoft advertised the advantages of family sharing and having your profile library available to you everywhere you go then the internet would see what in words werent enough to having people saying "this is innovation".
Now thanks to the gaming community those features are out and one of the reasons for purchasing an xbox instead of ps4 is also out of the window .
Thanks fanboys around the world your whining , bitching and overall lack of perspective is one of the biggest drawbacks of the industry,now gamestop will surely be making better games,steam like deals and continue to provide what they do best,exclusive pre-order incentives.
here's to gamestop.here´'s to more of the same.here's to the fanboys.hurray...

#dealwithit

*runs aways before the dagger hits*

*catches dagger*

We will all deal with it unfortunatly



I'd say that Microsoft had a good idea with no-disc play and cloud-based sharing, but it was executed in a poor way. They really should have made it optional, where willingly registering a purchased game on a DRM system gives you such benefits, instead of enforcing it on everyone.



A great day for consumers. A greedy attempt to restrict our bought and paid for property has been thwarted.
I was beginning to think gamers would bend over for anything; happily I was wrong.



PeterSilenced said:
mibuokami said:
PeterSilenced said:

If only microsoft advertised the advantages of family sharing and having your profile library available to you everywhere you go then the internet would see what in words werent enough to having people saying "this is innovation".
Now thanks to the gaming community those features are out and one of the reasons for purchasing an xbox instead of ps4 is also out of the window .
Thanks fanboys around the world your whining , bitching and overall lack of perspective is one of the biggest drawbacks of the industry,now gamestop will surely be making better games,steam like deals and continue to provide what they do best,exclusive pre-order incentives.
here's to gamestop.here´'s to more of the same.here's to the fanboys.hurray...

#dealwithit

*runs aways before the dagger hits*

*catches dagger*

We will all deal with it unfortunatly

Implied daggers were aimed at me.

Glad to see you have a sense of humour, and while I am sorry that your preferred policy has been discarded, I cannot say I am sorry for the Xbox one's change in direction. I am genuine glad because I'm materialistic and have a strong attachment to ownership.




mibuokami said:
PeterSilenced said:
mibuokami said:
PeterSilenced said:

If only microsoft advertised the advantages of family sharing and having your profile library available to you everywhere you go then the internet would see what in words werent enough to having people saying "this is innovation".
Now thanks to the gaming community those features are out and one of the reasons for purchasing an xbox instead of ps4 is also out of the window .
Thanks fanboys around the world your whining , bitching and overall lack of perspective is one of the biggest drawbacks of the industry,now gamestop will surely be making better games,steam like deals and continue to provide what they do best,exclusive pre-order incentives.
here's to gamestop.here´'s to more of the same.here's to the fanboys.hurray...

#dealwithit

*runs aways before the dagger hits*

*catches dagger*

We will all deal with it unfortunatly

Implied daggers were aimed at me.

Glad to see you have a sense of humour, and while I am sorry that your preferred policy has been discarded, I cannot say I am sorry for the Xbox one's change in direction. I am genuine glad because I'm materialistic and have a strong attachment to ownership.

They are aimed at you... i just caught a dagger that was lying on the floor...

I understand people feel attached to that idea,and they have their points, but before commiting to a stance they should always look at both sides of the coin .

The facebook rage,the overload of gags,lots of hatefull comments seem to have come from people who only saw one side of it...